[Resolved] Airtel / Puk Number / unable to get puk number!

1 India Review updated:

I was traveling to Bangalore and bought a new handset there. While configuring the new handset accidentally put the wrong code. My phone was blocked and wanted the PUK Number. I called Airtel customer care and it was answered by the customer care executives in Bangalore. They were unable to provide me with the PUK number as their Application was not working. Requesting me to send an SMS from any Airtel number with message as PUK <SIM No.> to 222.

In a new city I managed to find few people who were willing to send SMS to help me unlock my phone. But all their SMS went in vain as they got the standard response "This service is currently unavailable". I got in touch with Customer care again and they wanted me to make STD calls to Delhi Customer care as my mobile number was from Delhi. Getting through the automated response took on an average of 10 mins and at the end the system would disconnect me without putting me through a customer care executive.

I started making requests at 9:00 pm and till midnight couldn't get through any customer executive in Delhi or to my PUK number. The surprising factor was that at one point I asked the customer service executive (Mr. Ram) to send the SMS even giving him my SIM number. But even though he works for Airtel he prefers using a service provider other than Airtel!!! Makes me wonder how stupid I was to have had this number in the first place...

Btw the Airtel.com site also does not have a facility for the user to login and get his PUK number online.

• Resolution statement

• Bharti Airtel Customer Care's Response, May 19, 2013

Namaste (ANIYIKAYE),

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 17 May 2013 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get in touch with us at airtelpresence@in.airtel.com.

Regards
    Rakesh Kumar
    airtelpresence (airtel customer service team)
    bharti airtel ltd
    airtelpresence@in.airtel.com

Twitter - www.twitter.com/airtel_presence
    Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd
    Linked- http://in.linkedin.com/pub/airtel-presence-bharti-airtel-ltd/1b/119/a33

• Bharti Airtel Customer Care's Response, May 20, 2013

Namaste (ANIYIKAYE),

This is to inform you that your concern listed 17 May 2013 has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However as your contact number is non contactable, hence, we have sent a sms for the same. Please share the required details with us at airtelpresence@in.airtel.com.

Regards
    Sandeep Kumar
    Airtel Presence (Airtel Customer Service Team)
    Bharti Airtel Ltd
    airtelpresence@in.airtel.com

Twitter - www.twitter.com/airtel_presence
    Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd
    Linked- http://in.linkedin.com/pub/airtel-presence-bharti-airtel-ltd/1b/119/a33

Comments

• Ra
      13th of Oct, 2007

I completely agree with this complaint. I share this experience. I landed up entering wrong PIN number by mistake and my card too was blocked. First up, it was so darn difficult to get connected to a customer care person and when that was possible after an ordeal, I was given different treatment!!!

One of the customer care personnel hung up on me!!! Another one called Santhosh told me that the systems are under upgrade and there is no help available for me until the 15th of Oct (this call was made on 14th October around 12 to 12:45 AM)

Since two different people had already given me different response, I thougth I might as well try once more and this time it worked. Someone nice and professional called Ravi was there to receive the call. He was helpful. After due verification, he gave me my PUK Number and was nice enough to explain things to me.

Warranty costs and break-fix costs are built into product or Service costs. We pay for the customer care every month whether or not we use it. And if once we need to use the customer care, we should certainly deserve better attention. Customer care is not charity. It is a right of the customer for which the customer pays... These guys need to understand this.

I will change my service provider very soon.

The evil of the world exists by the sanction you give to it!

Rajan Kanda -
    +91-9972095978.

• Av
      5th of Dec, 2007

my phone no. is 9936388091,my phone is blocked,it is asking for the puk code,how will i unlock this,i am using an airtel connection.

15th of Mar, 2008

my phone No. is 9935167430, my phone is blocked it is asking for the PUK No., how will i unlock this because some important calls will come, so that please give me PUK No. as early as possible.

Sanjay Mittal

26th of Mar, 2008

my cell no.9791821790
    my sim locked

26th of Mar, 2008

my phone No. is 9791821790, my phone is blocked it is asking for the PUK No., how will i unlock this because some important calls will come, so that please give me PUK No. as early as possible.

• Am
      27th of Mar, 2008

my cell no.9791821790
    please
    my phone No. is 9895673047, my phone is blocked it is asking for the PUK No., how will i unlock this because some important calls will come, so that please give me PUK No. as early as possible.

• Am
      27th of Mar, 2008

amit kumar
    my cell no.9895673047

7th of Apr, 2008

my phone No. is 9971184339, my phone is blocked it is asking for the PUK No., how will i unlock this & imei no. is 358973/01/444033/9, so that please give me PUK No. as early as possible.

• Sh
      13th of Apr, 2008

my airtel number is 9910688028 my pin is blocked and i require a puk code so please contact me on 27891470 for my puk code

• Mu
      20th of Apr, 2008

my airtel number is 9932489476 my pin is blocked and i require a puk code so please contact me on 9734484415 for my puk code

• Vi
      2nd of May, 2008

hi can anyone tell how to unlock airtel sim puk code.the sim is a.p can u mail me how to unlock to my mail id vinchiru@rediffmail.com

5th of May, 2008

my number is 9950528213. please give my puk code.

12th of May, 2008

manoj kumar
    my cell no.9862115391
    please
    my phone No. is 9862115391, my phone is blocked it is asking for the PUK No., how will i unlock this because some important calls will come, so that please give me PUK No. as early as possible.

• Pu
      12th of May, 2008

Whoever wants a PUK no. for their sim, call Customer care for it by some other no. or goto the Airtel Office.

By the way Remember the default PIN no. is 1234

• Ss
      1st of Jun, 2008

cell no. 9866054851
    visakhapatnam
    my pin is blocked.T know my PUK no. but i do not know pin no. Can i get my pin no. on my e-mail ID ?

3rd of Jun, 2008

I need my Puk Code
    My cell number is 1-662-401-4517
    Can i get my pin no. on my e-mail ID ?

• Ba
      5th of Jul, 2008

My Mob no is 9892088678. Please send me the PUK No

6th of Jul, 2008

MY PHONE IS BLOCKED AND ASK PUK CODE MY SIM NO. IS 89917007032251364845

• Ne
      7th of Jul, 2008

my mobile no. is 9971922909. this has been blocked because of entering wrong pin no. by mistake. Please send me my PUK code. my sim no. is 8991100207106536503

13th of Jul, 2008