Airtel Prepaid Mobile Services / blocking incoming calls without reason

1 India Review updated:

It is with regards to airtel prepaid connection that i have ([protected]) in delhi region. Yesterday all incoming were blocked without any reason (but outgoing was functional as it will fetch them money) Customer care center was not functional. I went to local airtel service center, they asked me for documents (identity &address proof). I submitted (which they told me, will be collected from my resid.) but to no avail.

As i m a doctor, i wanna know where to puke out my grievances as Airtel's system is redundant. I have lost contact with my patients & hosp. Probably they will understand in a consumer court.

Dr. Atul K. Maheshwari.

Comments

• Vp
      25th of May, 2007

Hope for this complaint Airtel might not come back with a solution. They want only money.

Please help me how should take like this complaint to consumer court.

• Vp
      26th of May, 2007

I have purchased one prepaid connection (No.9840527722) on march 25th with one year validity. I have been disconnected after two weeks.

When I contacted customer care they said I need to give address proof once again. I did the same in april.

Then the number was working till 3rd May. after 3rd it was disconnected once again. when I contacted customer care. They said such a number is not available in our database. (I can prove I have made calls from my post paid airtel number to the above said number the printed bill copy is available with me. after a long followup they reactivated with one month validity. When I am chasing for the validity the completely disconnected the incoming and outgoing.

Now they are asking me to submit address and ID proof.

I thing these people doesn't care about the customer. Now I am exhausted.

27th of Jun, 2007

As I am using a Airtel connection for last 3 years, approx. 18 months as post paid & 18 months as converted the same number into prepaid but after this long time usage Airtel has blocked my outgoing & incoming calls on 13th May, 2007 without giving any prior notice (sms or call). Also the customer care line is not approachable due to the barring of outgoing calls. Now I have filed a complaint against the company in Premanent Lok Adalat (Public Utility Services) for restoration of the connection & also to claim the compensation for loss of business, reputation & mental agony as I have approx. Rs. 1500 in my account & a validity till Jan. 2009. Now it's the time to wait & watch that what will happen.

• Sh
      26th of Jun, 2009

I have purchased one prepaid connection (No.9928557098) I have been disconnected after three month.

When I contacted customer care they said I need to give address proof once again. I did the same in june.

Then the number was working till 1 june. after 15rd it was disconnected once again. when I contacted customer care. They said such a number is not available in our database. Now they are asking me to submit address and ID proof.

I thing these people doesn't care about the customer. Now I am exhausted.