Airtel Prepaid / unauthorized activation of missed call alert service

1 India Review updated:

I have a airtel prepaid sim card purchased in around july 2006. In around august or september 2006 my missed call alert service was activated on its own. i got a msg stating 'thank you for using airtel missed call alert service' and my account was debited by Rs. 15. I contacted the customer care but they said that i myself have activated it which i didn't but still i asked them to deactivate it. They said i will have to send a msg 'MCA CANCEL' to 511. i did so. I received a msg stating that my service will be deactivated in 24 hrs. but it didn't, i again called customer care, they asked me to try again. Till today my service has not been deactivated and Rs.15 is been regularly deducted from my account. I have called customer care several times about this and they say that they will forward my complaint but nothing happens. I had even gone to airtel office at F.C. Road, Pune they also emailed my complaint to higher officials and assured me that i will get a refund in 2 days but nothing happens.

Comments

• Am
      12th of Mar, 2009

yes same happened with me.

Airtel customer care F. C. Road pune height of foolishness.