Airtel KBC / airtel kbc - cheats!

1 India Review updated:

I have been trying to register as a contestant with kbc through my airtel mobile number since the january 29th episode when the lines had opened up for the same.

But since kbc is running two competitions simultaneously, ie, har seat hot seat and the question to register as a contestant on the show, every time I try to answer the question for registering, I get an automated response saying that the har seat hot seat lines are now closed and then I get charged for that call as well!!

To better understand my complaint, one has to understand the show format. The har seat hot seat competition is only valid during each episode from 9 pm to 10 pm. After that, the question to register as a contestant flashes between advertisements after 10 pm till 8 pm the next day. So far I have been trying to register for episodes 26, 27, and 28 but every time I try to answer, the har seat hot seat automated reply comes on. The problem also lies in the fact that the number to be called in is the same for both competitions, ie 5646 followed by the correct entry, ie, either 1, 2, 3, or 4

I had complained at the nearest airtel outlet close to my home and I got an sms from the company stating the error was fixed but when I tried again, I kept getting the automated response from har seat hot seat and getting charged again!!!

I reside in the state of karnataka and I know that mine is not an isolated case as I have tried doing the same from a relative's cell phone and got the same response.

Comments

• Dk
      19th of Feb, 2007

On 18th Feb. 2007 the kbc 3 contest (launched by Airtel, Rs.6/min. rate, to 56465 and as mentioned a way to get direct entry to fastest finger fast in kbc 3) was closed.

What is the result? Who is the top scorer?

Inquiring through post because I am finding nobody to whom I can phone or ask for the result.
    No contact no. for inquiry to Airtel is available.

Thanks,
    D.K. Ray
    New Mumbai

• Pr
      20th of Feb, 2007

Who is the winner of kbc airtel? Where should we contact to know the results and our position in that contest?

• La
      10th of Mar, 2007

In the Shortcut to KBC contest, Airtel KBC should stop resorting to cheap gimmicks to extend the minutes we talk (charged at "only" Rs. 6/min) when answering questions. There is an inordinate delay in reading out the options, as much as a 20-30 second pause (I even wondered if the line had got cut!!!), as well as getting an "invalid response" message with consequent repeating of the question with options. This is cheap and irresponsible behavior from the organizers and nothing but blatant cheating of the public! I advise subscribers to not get fooled by this gimmick and stop participating in this.

15th of Mar, 2007

God bless you people who play KBC using Airtel Mobile. Yes, I was about to faint after getting my mobile bill. If anyone can guess what was my mobile bill for last month, I will send you to the KBC Hot Seat directly. It was not 1K, 2K, 3K, 4K, 5K, 6K hmm it was 7K. I will never ever play any games using my mobile. This is a lesson for me. For all of you Indian never ever play such games using your mobile phones. These are all gimmick and gimmick only. The one who is going to be a Crorepati is the Mobile company Owner or Siddhartha Basu.

• Vi
      16th of Mar, 2007

One of the my friends participated in short to KBC, held from 4th to 11th march 2007 by using airtel mobile. He was informed that he has replied all 750 ques, if he will be a top scorer, the star tv will contact him, a week has passed and yet he dint receive any call from either airtel or star tv.

• Fa
      24th of Mar, 2007

I participated in the shortcut to kbc result from 4th to 11th march and replied to maximum questions spending thousands of money. I have been sending sms to 121 to know the result and every time i receive a same reply that i will be notified soon. Whom should i contact, cant we talk one to one to Shahrukh. I am eagerly waiting for my call from KBC.

• Ta