Airtel India, J&k Circle / misbehaviour by airtel staff

India Review updated:

On 12/04/2010 I approached Airtel Relationship Centre at Old Bus Stand, Anantnag, J&K to convert my Airtel Postpaid Connection([protected]) to Prepaid. The person sitting behind the counter asked for proof of identification and I duly provided him a xerox copy of my official I-Card.
However he refused to entertain the same without giving any concrete reason. I insisted that he should accept my I-Card as proof as the Postpaid Connection had been issued to me on the basis of I-Card ! However he got furious and said that it was not acceptable to him and that was it! I told him that instead of losing cool he ought to educate me about the reasons for the non-acceptance of a valid I-Card as proof and that I would escalate the matter to higher authorities but he boldly told me to do whatever I can. I called Airtel Cutomer Care and lodged a complaint. I was assured about action by 16th and was given complaint no. [protected]. However no action has been initiated so far for whatever reasons.I contacted the Customer Care several times but every time I am given a new compl aint no. ans assured of action but of no avail.
This reflects badly on the Customer Care that Airtel boasts of.

Regards

Tariq Ali
Srinagar, J&K

Comments

• Ar
      6th of Jul, 2010

Sir I have Samsung SGHN-620 model . kindly checkout the wap settings for this type of set and please send to me
    with regards
    [protected]@yahoo.com
    +91-9906639395

• As
      21st of Apr, 2011

Sir, I am still waiting for the informaion as stated 228 days before that is regarding my Samsung SGHN-620 model . kindly checkout the wap settings for this type of set and please send to me
    with regards