Airtel India / incorrect billing

India Review updated:
On the 8th October 2006, I gave a complaint regarding my bill coming too high, a complaint was lodged, but I didn’t get any feedback, so I called again yesterday and again lodged a complain, Srinivas took the complaint and gave me the complaint number(: 10022647), just wanted to mention I was very distressed with the whole calls business,as I was on hold for 45 mins and then when I informed that the calls I made to were to Paris, France, I was also asked if it was in the Middle East!!!

After that there was a call drop, and then again I called. So you can imagine what I went through.

When I changed my plans, I had called 121, on the 9th September 2006, I specifically asked your executive if I can call US, UK & Europe for Rs2.99/min, and I specifically asked him IF I could call cell phones also, BECAUSE, If you see my earlier phone bills and my usage history, I call mobile phone in France, and because of this I am aware that calls to mobile phones are higher, he said, “No sir, same Rs.2.99 per call to US, UK, Europe” I understand that this is coming down to your executive’s word against mine, but I would like to draw your attention to this and do something about my Bill, which has been incorrectly calculated at Rs 9.99/min. Also, I was given all kinds of explanations like its because +33 is in the Gulf? When I NEVER called any Middle east country!! The amount has come to Rs 6395.34. Stay away from Airtel!

N  24th of Dec, 2006 by
I am one of the ill-fated customers who availed the services of Airtel and I regret having taken their mobile services.

I had take two numbers 98407-59492 and 98407-59491. I had opted for ECS for bill payment.

To my shock I see my bank statement, I am still being debited even after surrendering my connection. I have got a confirmation for the same. Still I am being debited. Even after complaining, I have not got any reply from them yet.

The worst part is that I am on a overseas assignment and I can't do anything but to watch my account being debited month after month. But, I will definitely go to the consumer court will all the evidences and make things worse for them once I return to India.
N  11th of Feb, 2007 by
I have been in touch with these people from last many months.I surrendered my Bangalore connection in the month of March 06.Follow up after follow up and in the month of Nov I was promised that finally they will stop charging me the monthly rental of Rs 500/- from December onwards ,but this is Feb 07 and in my latest credit card bill again this amount has been factored and charged. I am extremely frustrated dialing with them.
A  8th of Mar, 2007 by
I have been charged for calling Maharashtra Cust Care number if I am out of the Home circle. The roaming circle does not have enough details on my account, so I have to call the cust care in my home circle whenever I am on roaming.

I was told when I changed the plan that calling the customer care will not be charged. If calling the home circel cust care is charged then it looks to me the most illogical method and I feel cheated.
A  3rd of May, 2007 by
I had the same kind of problem, i have 2 connections from airtel, i had subscribed from gprs services where in my history shows my gprs history on a avg was 250 to 300 rs, but in the month of feb i was charged 1000 for the same when i asked fo r the clarification they told that i have downloaded some thing in actual i never use to download any thing. I asked them to de activate the gprs services instead they de activated my line being in professional services i was with out mobile for 1 week for no mistake of mine - i have already taken a hutch connection im still having this no. Just to take the lead time for hutch no. To get spread among my customers.
A  7th of Jun, 2007 by
I am currently working in sahara news group as senior correspondent. The bill generated for the month of may is approximate Rs. 650. The particulars of the bill state that i have made a call to 609 on the 27th of the may for a duration of 1 hour and 30 minutes which is absolutely incorrect. I have already brought this thing in the knowledge of the customer care executives of airtel but the results have been unsatisfactory.
A  9th of Jul, 2007 by
I have faced a similar concern with Airtel Office. This was some time ago while I was in Bangalore and had a postpaid connection with Airtel. Firstly, the connection is not good by any standards and does not deliver what was promised. Secondly, Airtel disconnects the connection from time to time and I raised that their was a direct relation between the blackouts and the time spent online. As you try and stay online longer, the blackouts become more frequent.

Now, after a year of being in the US I just returned to my native in Kochi, Kerala. I am here for 3 months and decided to take a prepaid connection and activate the Airtel Office so as to have internet access on my laptop while I am on the move. Firstly, no one at their call centerseemed to know how it works. I was not able to get information as to how to activate it, weatherI must buy the recharge coupon and charge it to my phone first or should I wait for them to send the settings to my phone. This went on for three days and a person made me wait until 11:30 pm so that I receive and save the settings to my phone. I then called and asked to be transfered to someone with more knowledge of GPRS. The concerned person then asked me to charge my phone with the GPRS coupon and that the settings will be sent to me with in 48 Hrs. Now it's been four days and I am still waiting for the settings and so that I can be online.

My sister uses my previous connection with Airtel (6 yrs old) which is a corporate connection. This month while I was in Bangalore, I made the payment of Rs.1300 by cash for the bill amount of Rs.1234. When I received the printout of the payment received slip, it read, "Payment received with thanks from" and my name in print (all bold). I was in a hurry and was happy that I got most of my work done on that day. A week latter my sister calls me and tells me that representatives from Airtel are calling to ask her to make the payment. They say that I have not made the payment and that they will require the slip to confirm. Now, I do not have the slip ith me, this is a mistake on my part but the fact that this is happened to me thrice in the last two years is a matter of concern and I believe that all consumers with Airlet postpaid accounts must be warned of the concern.
A  16th of Jul, 2007 by
This is to bring to notice that I have been billed for full monthly charges for the billing period 23/05/07 to 22/06/07 vide invoice number 439591265. However, out of these 31 days, our internet was not working for 16 days, which computes to 51.61% of service delivery. Apart from this, the IVR for airtel is the most useless IVR I have ever seen. It is more of a consumer harassment than a convenience.
N  23rd of Oct, 2007 by
I have a post paid corporate connection with Airtel in hardware (9997190017). yesterday after dial *121# my un billed amount 312.90/ and next day is coming 792.30. Please confirm the same if the problem of server its ok. If no please disconnect my Airtel connection after my bill period 27th of month. Or give the detail for disconnection procedure.

ajay sajwan!
N  14th of May, 2011 by

Airtel - Incorrect billing

Reference: 37257956, I have been facing very frustated with the services provided by Airtel. Forget about the ground level advisor it is top management. I have contacted several time to MD of Airtel for getting the issue resolved but without any success. At first reminder there was action and call from Airtel corporate office and assured me that issue would be fixed within 48Hrs. This is almost a month now I am chasing with no success and no communication. This is insult of a customer paying them for services over last 7 years and now I have planned to go to court and also publish all the complaints to newspaper.Just now I had been call with customer care and when asked to handover call to senior the call was dosconnected as I am not ready to wait for 24hrs. This is useless customer service and Airtel should face the heat now...
A  14th of May, 2011 by
Dear sir/Madam,

You have the best tool in your hands & that is portability. Just send a message "PORTMOBILE NUMBER to 1900 You will get a code. Simply submit your documents to the new company & enjoy its services. but do not forget to start DND services. now it is Airtel will contact you. Again cheating here by Airtel they will say your problem will be resolved send "CANCEL" to a number. This command is to stay with Airtel & not the solution of your problem.
Ashok Chawla(narindraworld) npsworld@gmail.com
N  8th of Jul, 2011 by
I have an airtel postpaid connection 9967141344 under the scheme for JP Morgan Chase employees - Super Saver 199. Under this scheme I have 150 local + 150 STD SMS free and 600 Local mins from Airtel to Airtel or any other mobile free. But when i checked my current bill generated on 27th June '2011 I found that I have been charged for the local mins also.
I tried speaking to customer care but was of no use. Finally I dropped a mail to their nodal officer of Mumbai on nodalofficer.mumbai@airtel.in but still other than acknowledgement no reply has been received.
Please do the needful at the earliest.
Note, if needed, I have the pamphlet provided by the airtel vendor when we take the plan.
N  28th of Nov, 2011 by
Dear Sir,

I have received a couple of call yesterday from your various departments. But
in nutshell no one was able to solve the problem. An engineer from your company
also visited my house.
All of them seem to be blaming back end team of your organization.

Following are the people I have spoken to

1) Miss Vani
2) Mr Andrews (7760-003013)
3) Mr Wasim ( 9845721699)

I would like to know who is part of this backend team. Is this team
accountable to some one. If yes why is no action has been taken. Just to
remind of various issues which I have been facing

1) I have till now received three different bills with 3 different plans. I
just applied for 1 connection
2) The issue has been reported and it has been more than 25+ days, and no
action has been taken.
3) for past 3 weeks internet is not working at my home and no one is looking
into it.
4) I have visited your customer service center on 100ft road, Indira Nagar, and
your Manager Mr Andrew is well aware of my problem, still he is unable to help
me and no one with higher authority is helping him to solve it.

Following are the immediate actions which I want from your side

1) ReleaseUnblock my internet line so that my daily work doesn't get affected.
2) Please send a installation engineer at my home to make sure that problem is
fixed and net is working.
3) Since I am unable to use your service for this month, please dont bill me
for this period.

Abhinav Mathur
N  3rd of Jun, 2016 by
hi i am airtel postpaid customer, but i m not satishfied with airtel company because theirs executive not care centre not responding to responsibilty to give answer then, their are make to hold and then they are the cut the call so what is this. than airtel gives me postpaid bill than i have paid the bill by cheque and that cheque return by bank technical reason . bank also gives me cheque return charge but airtel company not re- issue that cheque and they stop the connection . airtel has sign form with me without any kind of information and i also don't know englise . so please take on action this matter my id is vinuprajapati9@yahoo.com
N  3rd of Jun, 2016 by

Airtel India - Not able to get the information regarding a previously paid bill!

I was not able to get the information regarding the bill I paid for the month of October 2006, when I contacted customer care at 121. The customer care executive directed me to post a complaint on the website.

Bharti Airtel Logo Bharti Airtel