Airtel Gujarat / possibly fraud verification calls!

Today I received a call from a person who identified himself to be working with Airtel calling from Ahmedabad (Gujarat). He said that the call was in connection of verification of credentials submitted at the time of getting the number. Thinking that it was just a routine verification call I gave out my first name and fathers name. Then he asked me about my address and I just ran through the entire address. He asked me to wait and go slowly as he wanted to NOTE DOWN MY ADDRESS!

Now, when a call for verification is made, who the HELL will NOTE DOWN the details. Moreover, when you are verifying, you must have the original details at hand which he didn't have! Seeing this, I said I wont divulge any further information about myself and hung up.

The next thing I did was to call up Airtel Customer Care. The Cust. Care Executive listened to me and said he cant do anything and on requesting to talk to his supervisor he transferred my call. And as usual the phone got MYSTERIOUSLY hung up, but thats not my issue, not as of now.

Again I ran through the ordeal and this time I was able to get hold of the supervisor. Her name, Ms. Hiral Mehta. I described the entire event (on the count, this was the third time I was describing it). She said she cant help me in this matter and asked me to lodge an FIR!!! Now, I don't know who the hell called me saying he was representing Airtel. I am, being a good citizen, going to Airtel to inform them about my concern and they are saying its not their problem! To crystallize it, here is exactly what she said...

"I don't know who made the call and we cant verify if it was a prank call or a real verification call. If someone is playing prank on you its your problem. Please go to the police and lodge an FIR. Sorry, we cant help you at all in this case!". Hung UP!!!

This is what Airtel and Bharati is all about??? Someone please put some sense into their head! If people posing as Airtel employees are calling up Airtel customers, the case is of PRIMARY CONCERN to AIRTEL, if at all its bothered about its public image and goodwill amongst its customers. If not, then yes, its of no concern to them.

This is just one of the many issues with Airtel and Airtel Customer Care! THEY JUST DON'T CARE!!!

A  15th of May, 2007 by
In your case, I believe technically Airtel is right but the way they handled it was absolutely wrong. I am just a visitor to Ahmedabad and using a friend's mobile to connect to internet but it took 12 hours for me to get connected and I went through a great ordeal for the same. When I called the Customer Care and pressed 3 to talk in English, somebody started speaking in Gujarati, fine, its my own language, but it was not useful, he asked me to do the same thing that I had already done. When I pressed for Gujarati, somebody started speaking in English but after sometime he couldn't manage and started to speak in Hindi, fine again but again it was not helpful. After 2 more calls, I got the right person but since I had to remain near to my PC, I lost the network after which when I tried calling, I was greeted by an automated message that I can now only send an SMS for any service that will be answered within 24 hours.

This is not the whole story, finally after I got connected, I found that the speed couldn't be worse. At this moment, I am downloading 970kb of mail in my outlook and it says it will take another 55 minutes to do the same.

After returning from Dubai Media City on a short trip, I couldn't have asked for anything worse than Airtel's Internet connection. Apart from this I have used Tata's, In2Cable & MTNL in Bombay. If I compare them with DMC at 10 points, they will get at least 3. Unfortunately, I can't give anything lower than 0 to Airtel.
D  2nd of Oct, 2007 by

I have two times recharged online for my mobile no and also amount was deducted from my hdfc bank account.
But i only get recharge of Rs.333 one time only.
No refund of another recharge amount was given to me.
A  11th of Nov, 2007 by
kindly disconnect my broad band and telephone with immediate effect ahmedabad no 4003048
D  20th of Mar, 2008 by
Dear Sir,

This is to inform you that the undersign has taken internet connection under plan of unlimited internet connection for home use Rs 600/- per month (450+150) Mob 9898554697 recent as on 15/03/08 through Mr. Manoj Udasi Mobile No. 9898249570 but till date, i am not able to avail this proper service as nobody is taking initiative to solve the internet problem even after choosing all the connected persons in Gandhidham (Kutch) several times on phone but all my efforts is waste & not found serious up to date.
So, i hereby request you to disconnect this service & ultimate me i am no more interested in this plan.

Arvind Mishra
(In use Mob 9879206904)
N  16th of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
A  27th of Jan, 2010 by
please help me.

aa koi mazak masti nathi.

+91 9998486172

aa no par thi mane call aave chhe ane kharab sabdo bole chhe.
jo tame koi kaydesar na pagala nahi lyo to hu mari budhi no upyog karis.

tamari co. badanam thase teni jawabdari tamari chhe. from

jo koi problam thase to india ni 16 jagya ye e-mail thase. jeni javabdari tamari rehase.
N  4th of Oct, 2010 by
Dear sir
plz help me

Me Devilal patidar ( David )
Asha karta hu ki mere is masag ka Hal jaldhi milega

7 June 2010 ko mene Airtel branch gurudwara Jamnagar Gujarat me mr. Jignesh se Internet deta card kharda tha Jo kisi karan band ya na chalne ke Karan usko me 28- July -2010 ko service ki liya diya hai par vo card abhi tak naa to vapas mila hai or na hi koi Hal nikala Gaya is bich takribab 15 se 20 bar customer care me bat ki kitani baar unke supervisor se bat ki par us chi ka koi nikal nahi mila
har baar unka naya naya bahana hota hai ki next week HO jayega ya fir aaj hame Ahmedabad bheja hai . HO jayega . De denge bad me Ana santi rakhi vagere baate sunne milti hai
koi bhi Banda ridponsible lene ko tayar hi nahi
ab muje Kya karna hai
plz explain ne sir
kyoki me moti Khavdi me rahata rahta hu ek baar Jamnagar Jana yani office se ek din ka off Lena pasta
or expence. Alag se
Kam se Kane 15 baar Jamnagar Gaya hu rk time ka 100/- rs or ek off ka 300/- rs
total karib 6000/- rs jitana kharch kar chuka hu or Internet se dur rahna padta karan ki jab tak sahi javab nahi milta tab rak me baya bhi nahi le aakta
I totaly help less
mere complen is name no par ki hui gai
Devilal (David)
+91 95584 99287
mera other contact dittails below
+91 98257 77736