Airtel Gujarat / possibly fraud verification calls!
Today I received a call from a person who identified himself to be working with Airtel calling from Ahmedabad (Gujarat). He said that the call was in connection of verification of credentials submitted at the time of getting the number. Thinking that it was just a routine verification call I gave out my first name and fathers name. Then he asked me about my address and I just ran through the entire address. He asked me to wait and go slowly as he wanted to NOTE DOWN MY ADDRESS!
Now, when a call for verification is made, who the HELL will NOTE DOWN the details. Moreover, when you are verifying, you must have the original details at hand which he didn't have! Seeing this, I said I wont divulge any further information about myself and hung up.
The next thing I did was to call up Airtel Customer Care. The Cust. Care Executive listened to me and said he cant do anything and on requesting to talk to his supervisor he transferred my call. And as usual the phone got MYSTERIOUSLY hung up, but thats not my issue, not as of now.
Again I ran through the ordeal and this time I was able to get hold of the supervisor. Her name, Ms. Hiral Mehta. I described the entire event (on the count, this was the third time I was describing it). She said she cant help me in this matter and asked me to lodge an FIR!!! Now, I don't know who the hell called me saying he was representing Airtel. I am, being a good citizen, going to Airtel to inform them about my concern and they are saying its not their problem! To crystallize it, here is exactly what she said...
"I don't know who made the call and we cant verify if it was a prank call or a real verification call. If someone is playing prank on you its your problem. Please go to the police and lodge an FIR. Sorry, we cant help you at all in this case!". Hung UP!!!
This is what Airtel and Bharati is all about??? Someone please put some sense into their head! If people posing as Airtel employees are calling up Airtel customers, the case is of PRIMARY CONCERN to AIRTEL, if at all its bothered about its public image and goodwill amongst its customers. If not, then yes, its of no concern to them.
This is just one of the many issues with Airtel and Airtel Customer Care! THEY JUST DON'T CARE!!!
More Airtel Gujarat Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Airtel - don't trust airtel! 
- [Resolved] Lost My Cell With An Airtel Sim Card - please block my number - 9970516597 
- [Resolved] Airtel / Puk Number - unable to get puk number! 
- Airtel Do Not Call Registry - continue to receive unsolicited calls and sms! 
- Bharti Airtel Limited - balance tower site rent 
- Bharti Airtel - not getting network in prepaid mobile no. 8800944537
- Bharti Airtel - recharge amount rs 99 not reflected in airtel contact no.9816578315
- Bharti Airtel - international roaming - charged more for no service
- Prepaid Airtel Number - number not working
- Bharti Airtel - telephone/ internet