Airtel Dth / very bad customer service

1 India Review updated:

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 wrote :
Hi,
I am the Airtel Customer, since 6 years i was using Mobile Service from Airtel with some few issue here and there still i was the satisfied customer for Aitel Mobile Service.
Based on this assumption i have Purchased Air tel DTH on 1st Jan 2009 and quality of the Service is Good but i am not happy with the Customer Service provided by your customer care very bad response and insufficient knowledge about the product and wrong information.
Please see the attachment in which for 2500 south economy/south Gold/South Mega there is ESPN offer and 6 months subscription free.
same was told by one of your executive and also yesterday they made me call 6 times and i was told call after 2 or 30 min every time and ultimately told that we dont have this offer now it is changed this was said by Floor supervisor.
In fact my friends wanted to go for Tata sky but i asked them to purchase Airtel DTH but by seeing the respose for me some of them purchased Tata Sky.
As per the commitment Airtel DTH is adding the ESPN offer which they had mentioned.
Thanks a lot for the kind of respose and the very bad customer service i have received from Airtel DTH.

Su

Comments

• Pr
      12th of Jun, 2009

THEY ARE CHEATS. I AM A VICTIM MYSELF. MY ADVISE STAY CLEAR OF AIRTEL

• Si
      22nd of Jul, 2009

airtel service good

22nd of Oct, 2009

AirTel DTH Customer service and complaint resolution is Worst. I am paying for channels with no picture on the screen. Area service manager Keeps his mobile Switched OFF (9740990603). Service engineer calls and commits will come in 30 mins but never turned up and finally sends the SMS that complaint has been resolved.

I am facing this problem in Electronics City Area, Bangalore.

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT TO GO FOR AIRTEL DTH...

Samir

• Sp
      4th of Nov, 2009

AM A AIRTEL DTH CUSTOMER AND I SUGGEST YOU ALL PEOPLE TO NOT TAKE AIRTEL DTH TV BCOZ IT IS NOT WORTH BUYING!!! FIRSTLY WHEN YOU BOOK FOR INSTALLATION THEY WILL TURN UP TO UR PLACE AFTER 3 DAYS PROMISING TO SERVICE VERY NEXT DAY BUT TILL THE INSTALLATION TIME IT WAS FINE BUT NOW AFTER GETTING INSTALLED AM TERRIBLY HATING AIRTEL, CHANNELS GET FREZZED UP FOR FEW SECONDS AND THEN AGAIN STARTS, AGAIN FREEZES AND DOES IT FOR 24 X 7 AND WHEN YOU COMPLAIN AGAINST IT NO SERVICE IS PROVIDED. ITS 15 DAYS AND YET NO ONE HAS COME TO SERVICE OUR PROBLEM...WHEN YOU TAKE ANY TOP UP THRY TELL SAME PROBLEM WONT PERSIST FOR ADD ON CHANNELS BUT THOSE CHANNELS TOO GET FREZZED FOR FEW SECONDS AND THEN WORKS AND THEN AGAIN FREZZES...AM JUST IRRITATED BY AIRTEL!! PLZ MAKE A NOTE THOUGH TATA IS COSTLY PLZ GO FOR TATA SKY BUT NEVER GO FOR AIRTEL HOW MUCH EVER CHEAP IT IS..I TOOK IT BECAUSE IT WAS CHEAP AND AM TERRIBLY UNSATISFIED WITH THIS TYPE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE AND UPSET THAT I CHOOSED MONEY OVER SERVICE..

PLZ PEOPLE WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE..DONT TAKE AIRTEL DTH AND MAKE THEM UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF PROVIDING GOOD SERVICE TO THE CUSTOMER. PLEASE!!

• Ap
      18th of Nov, 2009

I STRONGLY AGREE WITH THEM
    these peolple play games with us. I would never recommend any1 to go for it.
    the customer care executives are idiots, neither they are able to solve the problem nor they connect us to person of higher authority.
    People living in faridabad its for you ...take it from me, dont ever go for Airtel Dish TV.
    its clearity is good, but if any time you face trouble regarding signal, there will be no one to resolve your problem.
    From past six days Iam facing problem, but everytime when i call they simply tell me it will be resolved by today evening and when i call them in evening they'll tell me it will be resolved by morning.
    THESE ARE BIG IDIOTS .

• Ni
      19th of Dec, 2009

yes i agree to you guys ..same here...we should approach CORE regarding the same. I have a technical issue with the device and no 1 has visited for over a month...pathetic and crap service...

12th of Feb, 2010

My ID is: 3001664710. Complaint No. 1920429. Since 08/02/2010, our Dish TV shows no signal and not working & error code B001. Please rectify the same on an urgent basis.

Thanks
    SACHIN

CHANGE ADDRESS: H.NO.- B4149,
    IOCL REFINERY TOWNSHIP
    PANIPAT REFINERY
    PANIPAT-132140, HARYANA

• Va
      16th of Mar, 2010

Airtel DTH Service depatment is big hole in Bharti's pocket. As customer rely on brand of Airtel but the poor service by Airtel DTH just wash it off. I raised a transfer request with DTH my SR No. is 2199993. They are supposed to give me a ring on Monday(15-Mar-2010) 10:00 AM but no communication from them. Then I logged the complaint same day around 10:00 PM so they 'nice guy' at Customer Care appologised and confirmed me that their engineers will visit my new address on Tuesday (16-Mar-2010) at 9:00 AM, but no communication so far from them. By the time I am writing here it is 11:45 AM, till now no communiaction. Pitty is that I already deposited Rs 600 for reinstallation and when I am asking that I want my money back they simply and happily say no. I am sure that I dont go with such incompetent and unprofessional service provider. Once I finish my balance with Airtel account I will switch to some other service provider, I will definitely force other people in my multi who have Airtel to switch to other service provider. If I can't help myself to save from help let me save others. If any Airtel guy is reading here please let me know the procedure to get back my deposited money from Airtel. Email ID is valkal.bairagi@gmail.com

• Gu
      30th of Apr, 2010

AirTel DTH Customer service and complaint resolution is Worst. I am paying for channels with no picture on the screen. Service engineer calls and commits will come in 30 mins but never turned up and finally sends the SMS that complaint has been resolved.

I am facing this problem in Kormangala 8th Block, Bangalore.

• Pr
      2nd of May, 2010

hi
    I am having airtel DTH since april2009..yesterday (1may10) suddenly signal got lost and error code B001 was displaying on screen.And it was the work of tata sky peopel who went on terrace to fit the dish for some other person and change the direction of my Dish..anyway I called CC and opened the ticket 2596097 on 1may10 at 6PM . On 2may10 at 1130 pm technical guy came and rectified the problem.
    I am very satissfied with the response from airtel dth CC team..
    well done !!!

Prashant Chauhan
    bangalore

• Ar
      4th of Jul, 2010

Customer care people of airtel dth are good for nothing. They simply make promises, but nothing works. These DTH guys should be screwed up for all the inconvenience they are causing. I have been receiving No Signal error for the last 3 days and I have called the customer care for around 10 times, but these irresponsible people are bluffing around the issue but no resolution has been taken till now.

Even the local cable operators would have given me a better service than this one. I am feeling bad for choosing airtel and thinking of switching to some other service provider.

• As
      19th of Jul, 2010

i am the previlage customer of Airtel.I hv several connection of mobile & landlines.Just 6 months before i shifted to my new house.becouse of good relation with airtel, i choose dth.
    From 10 days, daily i am making the complaint for nothing is on screen.they visited twice & changed the setbox oldone.(repaired one).
    i m requesting them to customer care whole day, even my wife is TOTALLY busy with this work.but they are simply making false promises, and not bound up thier time.no feedback.simply they are cheating and making us fool.even she cant go out for buying homeneeds. Really they all are HOPELESS.
    Even customer care prsns are not transferring the call to their higher authorities.Cant understand, what to do. my I.D.is 3002311512.plz suggest me, How i get my refund.
    My complaints numbers are 3290639 dt12/7/10.
    3317442, 3325005, 3341886
    Ashok Talreja.Bangalore, Mob# 98452 99997

• Ak
      22nd of Jul, 2010

i lost my id.so i want id.i have my stb number.

30th of Aug, 2010

i made apayment of 3000 for airtel hd dth on 27th august ID:3005081481
    you informed me that next day i will get call from your end
    till now i was not received any call and it is a waste and worrest
    service daily one executive will call and inform that he will come for
    installetion till now it was not installed and sundirect is much more
    better than you iam using from last 3 years its better then you
    people(airtel) and i dont need your service and plse return my money
    back you just wasted my time

Thanking You
    Sandeep S

• Ra
      1st of Sep, 2010

I am the customer of Airtel DTH from last 1 yr in pune and i am really frustrated by airtel service and they are not resolving my problem from last 6 month, i complained more than 3 to 4 times i last 15 days regarding Set top box not working proper and i talked to many customer care executive (Rahul tripathi, Nikita, Devilal) they send one technical person (Rahul contact no. 7709040883)and he suggested to me for replacement of set top box and i talked to DTH service provider for pune division (Yogiraj Electronics contact no. 7709040889) and they told me around 10 days back from today we are ready to replace your set top box free of charge but set top box not available in stock from last 10 days but when it will be available... they don't know ...Please suggest me any legal action how could i resolve set top box problem as soon as possible.. it seems like a mental torture from Airtel Customer Service.

Please take legal action against Yogiral Electronics and Customer care executives .

Customer Id :3001025951
    Complain No. 3722828, 3656878, 3647102

you can reach me on 9890791765

• Su
      11th of Sep, 2010

TO WHOME IT MAY CONCERNS DATED: 11/09/2010

I AM A AIRTEL DTH CUSTOMER AND I SUGGEST YOU ALL THE PEOPLE NOT TO BUY AIRTYEL DTH SERVICE BCOZ ITS NOT WORTH BUYING.
    I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY AIRTEL DTH SET TOP BOX FROM LAST 12 TO 15 DAYS, I MADE MY 1ST COMPLAIN TO AIRTEL DTH CALL CENTER ON 07/09/2010 AND THE COMPLAIN NO. IS 3778552 I HAVE MADE MY 2ND COMPLAIN ON 08/09/2010 AND THE COMPLAIN NO. IS 3789455 MY 3RD COMPLAIN IS ON 09/09/2010 AND THE COMPLAIN NO. IS 3799975 MY 4TH COMPLAIN IS AGAIN ON 09/09/2010 THE COMPLAIN NO, IS 3802719 AND I HAVE MADE MY 5TH COMPLAIN ON 10/09/2010 AND THE COMPLAIN NO. IS 3811887 AFTER SO MANY COMPLAINS ON CALL CENTER STILL MY
    SET TOP BOX HAS NOT BEEN CHECKED BY ANY ENGINEER, KNOW ONE CAME TO ME FROM THE SERVICE CENTER OF AIRTEL DTH SERVICE, THE CALL CENTER PEOPLE MR. SHIVAM, MISS PRAGYA, MR. VIKAS AND MANY MANY MORE PEOPLE.
    THEY JUST KEEP MAKING ME FOOL. THEY JUST SENDING ME SMS FOR ALL THE COMPLAIN I MADE. THEY ARE GIVING ME THE COMPLAIN NOS. AND THE MOBILE NO. OF THE ENGINEER WHICH IS SWITCH OF FROM DAY ONE WHENE I MADE MY 1ST COMPLAIN. AND THE MOBILE NO. OF THE ENGINEER IS 9974436921 I STILL KEEP ON CALLING THEM ON CALL CENTER BUT ALL THE PEOPLE OVER THERE THEY ARE TALKING TO ME FOR FEW MINUTS THAN THEY JUST KEEP ON HOLD FOR LONG TIME, SOME TIME ATLEAST 15 MINUTS SOME TIMES 25 MINUTS ON HOLD AND THEY NEVER TALK TO ME AGAIN. FINALLY I USE TO DISCONNECT THE CALL. AND TODAY IS 11/09/2010 STILL MY SET TOP BOX PROBLEM IS AS IT IS. THEY DONT HAVE ANY SOLUTION. THEY JUST KEEP PROMMISING ME.
    THIS IS THE KIND OF SERVICE PROVIDED BY AIR TEL DTH SERVICE.
    THERE FOR I SUGGEST YOU ALL DO NOT BUY AIR TEL DTH SERVICE.
    THEY ARE JUST FROAD
    THEY ARE JUST CHEAT
    AND THEY ARE AS OTHER PERSON SAYS BIG BIG BIG IDIOTS.

CUSTOMER ID 3001072522
    REGARDS,
    SUNNY.

• On
      26th of Oct, 2010

I myself Onkar Nath Tiwari advocate from lucknow has also faced the same problem and from 24 hours no signal is showing and within 15 days after purchaseing and I am thinking to agitate the matter in cousumer court for defficiency in service

i

• Im
      20th of Nov, 2010

Hi I am Syed,
    Airtel can provided the new channel like Zee tamil, Captian Tv, Tamilan Tv and QTv. Please do some thing and add this channels in Airtel dth then more customer are waiting for it...
    Kindly do the needful

• Im
      20th of Nov, 2010

To Airtel,
    In rainy seasons the channels not getting signals properly and its has been difficult to accept. Please provide some clear services and signals to avoid these thing.

• Ab
      19th of Jan, 2011

MY SELF ABHIJIT FROM BANGALORE, I AM A AIRTEL DTH CUSTOMER AND I SUGGEST STROGLY YOU ALL PEOPLE TO NOT TAKE AIRTEL DTH TV BCOZ IT IS NOT WORTH BUYING!!! I PURCHED AIRTEL DTH 2010, WITHIN MONTH MY STB WAS STOP WORKING AFTER THAT THEY CHANGED 4 STB IN A YEAR. THEY JUST SWAP STB, BUT NOT GIVEN NEW STB. AND TOP OF THAT EXECTIVE WILL ASK YOU 500 RS. FOR CHANGED STB AND 100 RS. FOR SERVICE. AIRTEL ITS SELF GIVING THE HOPELESS STB AND FOR THEIR MISTAKE THEY ASK PEOPLE TO PAY 500 RS. DEAR ALL PLEASE DONT PURCHES AIRTEL DTH. STB HAS LOT OF PROBLEM. TOP OF THAT EINGG WHO COMES FOR SERVICE THEY DO NOT HAVE MUCH MORE KNOWLODGE. INSTEAD OF PAYING 500 RS FOR STB I SUGGEST PUT MORE 500 AND GO FOR ANOTHER DTH SERVICE. ONCE STB IS STOP WORKING THEY WILL GIVES YOU ANOTHER STB THAT MAY WORK 1 WEEK OR 1 MONTH, AND EXECUTIVES ALSO SURE THAT SWAP STB NOT GPING TO WORK. NOW THIS IS STYLE OF AIRTEL DTH TO GENERATE REVENUE. I AM ALSO THINKING GOTO CONSUMER COURT.