Airtel Delhi / airtel cheating customers

1 India Review updated:

I used online banking facility provided by my bank (Citibank) to refill my prepaid Airtel account through a top-up of Rs. 777. Upon quiring Airtel's toll free number(170) with RC 777 the information that I received is as follows:

Calling Value 692.27
Validity 0 days
Processing Fee 0
Tax 84.73

However the amount that was credited to my airtel prepaid account was only Rs593. Upon talking to Airtel C S E, I was told that Rs. 99 have been deducted as processing fee.

Now, this amounts to cheating. This is completely in contrast with the information that they furnished. They told us that no processing fee would be levied, but, when a customer pays them the money they forcibly extort money by way of giving him wrong information.

Comments

• Ar
      12th of Jul, 2008

Airtel is cheating its customers. I sent requst for SMS pack of Rs. 38 but they deducted its four times. when i made comlaint to their customer care they said it will be refunded but it is not refunded despite of three reminders.
    moreover third time they said it can not be refunded because, in this period of 15 days, you have used 2 or three SMS.
    It means those 2or 3 SMS that I have done costs me Rs. 148.

After that their executives asked shamelessly " yeh refund to nahi ho sakta aur koi sewa ho to bataiye".

• Pa
      30th of Jul, 2008

plz mujhe turant jankari de ki mera account balance kyun cut raha hai apne aap hi apne aap

• Tr
      22nd of Sep, 2008

I am Triloki Nath. I confirmed the availability of full talk time top-up card for my prepaid connection 9810246782 from Airtel Customer Care & then purchased a top-up recharge card for Rs 345/from authorised Airtel dealer at PVR Vtkas Puri on 21.09.2008 around 7.00 pm. But my account was credited by Rs 307/- only. I brought this to the notice of the dealer who behaved very arrogantly and despite my repeated requests, he asked me to leave his premises AND threatened me theat he will see as how could I use my connection or the talktime at all. And to my utter surprise, my airtel account has mischieveously been DEBITED by Rs 307/- And, also I am receiving numerous bogus & unsolicited offers resulting in instant debiting of my account.