Airtel Customer Care Service - Pune / pathetic service!

1 India Review updated:

I have been using airtel service now since 3.5 yrs now, but I have never seen so bad service till now. Its as simple as that since 3 months I have been trying to activate mms on my cell phone and nothing happened till now. There are many instances where the customer care executive would speak very rudely, or in pathetic english, even threatened me once. They deducted some amount for nothing at all.

I never expected this from airtel.

Ka

Comments

• Ra
      10th of Sep, 2007

Worst customer care services from airtel I am facing since last 2 months.

1. I have received charges of SMS 175 & 243 for which not even a single SMS has been made .

2. Value added services has been added without any request. and for which charges has been added in bill.

3. After repeatedly request at 121( 45 mints at minimum 5 times ) except assurances to correct the bills by waiving off all unnecessary charges neither bill has been corrected nor any thing has been send in writing.

Airtel company is simply cheating the customers and putting excess bill and value added services without customer consents.

Can anybody request airtel to put the customer complaint center & dedicated one E Mail id for this purpose.

25th of Sep, 2007

I've made enormous calls to 121 to activate the sms pack in my plan. No satisfactory call handling has been seen. They say that they can't do it on call, I'll have to got to an airtel outlet to get it done.... ###. Then what is customer care for? Pathetic guys. One new problem has evolved these days..... no matter whether u dial 121 or another no.... result is same.... they'll say that its their product department.... and not services.... holy crap!!!

• Ka
      29th of Oct, 2007

• Mu
      2nd of Nov, 2007

PLEASE SEND ME AIRTEL CONNECTION PUK CODE!

• Ge
      4th of Nov, 2007

Airtel - boy oh boy! Their call center number doesn't work! Try 9890012345 and it asks you to press a whole bunch of numbers for a whole variety of option (i.e., press 1 for a sandwich, press 2 for pasta, and press 3 to speak to our executive). When you press all the options and you're tired, you dial 3 to speak to a human, and the automated voice tells you that she's going to transfer your call to an executive, and then you get a warning saying that your call will be recorded, etc... then you hear the phone ring finally and you heave a sigh of relief... at last! But wait!! Pat the phone gets disconnected after a single ring! Let me remind you that it takes a good 5 minutes before you reach the part where you're told to dial x to speak to an executive. This happened to me at least on 5 occassions! Airtel - you rock! You should also join the bandwagon and start selling vegetables (press 1 for potatoes, 2 for onions...) - way to go!!

• Ha
      15th of Nov, 2007

FYI We approached Airtel postpaid billing center several times to pay our bill, but every time customer care guys are insisting that server down.

Then we received the due date SMS from Airtel stating u are in over due.

After then we decided to pay by online. We payed the bill amount by online from a browsing center. Practically it is not possible to all to pay by online every time.

So pl appreciate my request to speed up the process to rectify the server down issue in all areas.

We find the server down issue in choolaimedu,Nungambakam area chennai.

Since problem lies in your side . Pl accept our receipt with out any penalty.

Regards
    Haribabu.

• Ve
      27th of Nov, 2007

Airtel has barred my outgoing and incoming for not producing sufficient documentation, and I agree. After which, I've submitted the same at Airtel office which is opp Wadia college, Pune... and I was told that it will be activated the same day, but was not. I've called up the customer care and they said this will be activated in less than 24 hours... I had been calling and the reply is the same. Now that its been more than 48 hours and nothing was done. A very lousy service and a laid back service.

28th of Nov, 2007

Horrible customer services of AIRTEL in Pune...

• Ni
      3rd of Dec, 2007

NEVER AVAILABLE ON CUSTOMER CARE NO.121 SINCE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS BILL IS NOT RECEIVED. IF RECEIVED , DETAILED BILL IS NOT SEND. TWICE OR THRICE I HAVE SENT/LODGED COMPLAINTS AT NO RESPONSE.

20th of Dec, 2007

This is the worst customer service, i had ever seen. I have sent mail to customer care requesting to deactivate my account, as i had moved to USA suddenly. For last 6 months they are deducting amount from my account as ECS. No response for emails and nothing is happening if I call Customer care.

• Um
      29th of Dec, 2007

To,
    Bharti Airtel Limited

Sir,
    I have purchased Mobile form Blue magic mobile shopee Opp. Potdar Nursing home Kalmeshwar Dist. Nagpur on date 06.11.2007
    I submitted requires all document at that time to your authorized seller my mobile was working till 22.12.2007. I received your SMS " As per TRAI guideline, your verification is unsuccessful. To enjoy continued service please visit your nearest ARC within 48 hrs with original documents" on 20.12.2007 & I visit ARC as per your statement. But after that my mobile did not give outgoing and Incoming facility since 23.12.2007. I have already contact 4 to 5 time on your customer care Executive but they said your document did not submitted. How can it is possible that if I have not submitted my document then why you provided to me 45 days facility.

I have once again submitted required documents (copy of Election ID card electric bill filled form) on24.12.2007.
    Still I am facing critical problem of your services , So Kindly resume the service as soon as possible or within 24 Hrs. Otherwise, Unfortunately I assist Consumer forum against Bharti Airtel Limited.

Regards

Hudco colony Kalmeshwar.
    Dist Nagpur.

• Su
      31st of Dec, 2007

Worst Customer service in India. As it is Airtel network in Maharashtra is pathetic and so is there customer care. You can never reach them on 121 or 9830012345. After it says "Call may be recorded" line gets disconnected (tried 11 times already in last 1 week)
    Emails send to vcare@airtel.in is not answered in a timely manner and contents are like pre-typed (never match your query)
    Sometime there will be no reply if you demand explanation. When I took the connection they too rs. 250/- refundable deposit and later refused that they ever got the money. I refused to pay bill till matter is solved, after 2 months they added the deposit to their system. I have had 4 Airtel connections so far and on each account they messed up with the spelling of name (I can understand if it happens with one - it happened with all 4)
    Very rude agents. When I advised them to disconnect line, they send email saying it will take 10 days for them to get back to me (and maybe another 10 days to disconnect)
    ***BEWARE OF AIRTEL***
    I had much better experience with AIRTEL in Karnataka.
    ***LATEST UPDATE FOR AIRTEL PUNE*** My number was deactivated on Nov 2007 and a bill was sent by them on pro-rata basis for the number of days it was active in Nov. The bill was paid. Today received a bill for Dec too with 1 day rental charged (on a number deactivated in Nov, rental for Dec???)

3rd of Jan, 2008

Airtel customer care is worst. Its website is even worst x-( . They claim themselves to be the quality service provider in india, but they have the worst-o-worst customer care. Their website sucks. I recently wanted to browse the Hello-Tunes menu in the website. The search feature included in it is one of the worst, doesn't return any valid search results. After somehow finding out the desired hellotune, when i went ahead to subscribe for it, they denied saying it is not available, but charged me.. stupid concept like this available only in Airtel.

- on behalf of many customers :(

9th of Jan, 2008

This is the worst customer service, i had ever seen.Airtel customer care is worst. Its website is even worst x-( . They claim themselves to be the quality service provider in india, but they have the worst-o-worst customer care. Their website sucks.3rd class service. Customer care never works. Tel no is 40093145. Bharti is good for selling onions n potatoes only. They cant handle hi tech stuff. Its good if they exit tel services n sell onions n potatoes with walmart...................

9th of Jan, 2008

This is the worst customer service, i had ever seen

• Ab
      11th of Jan, 2008

The worst service i have ever seen .... compared to a Reliance Service.... i've been using Airtel from 4 months and dnt have an argue about their Call and SMS plans. But regarding the Hello Tune....which i never subscribed forcefully deducted 30Rs from my Balance...never even asking that whether i shud continue their service or not. This a shear negligence from their side. And when customer care was called they put all blames on the customer itself... Is it the way Airtel works?
    Idea and Vodafone services are much better .. hats of to them.
    Shame being an Airtel Customer.

• Go
      31st of Jan, 2008

What''s the wrong going in your service. I've taken prepaid sim before two months iam trying to get the packet data activatio since when i took the sim. Whenever i call your customer care, they asks me to press some number which is no use to me, i want to talk with call xecutive at that time they se to say yours call has been transferred to executive but in next movement the call is ending what to do. Its irritating me lot its all happening beacause of neglegence of your service providers.

2nd of Feb, 2008

i am able to connect to net

• Bh
      25th of Mar, 2008

sir /madam
    Please see that my sim is activated from past 3 days it has been barred even if we have sumbmitted all document well in time 3times
    even though it has been barred whats the problm and when will i get is corrected
    one thing to tell u the call center peopel dont co -operated its bad from ur part
    i m regular user of realience but when i found airtel is best it is going towards worst

15th of Apr, 2008

I am a post paid customer. My sim is activated from past 4 weeks and i have paid my first bill also. It has been barred due to some mismatched details in the documents that i have submitted.
    Please let me know the detail of Airtel Outtel at Aundh (Pune), so that i can submit the documents.