Airtel CallHome / atrocious customer service or a scam?
I signed up for Airtel Call home lured by their offer of 7.9c a min with double the talk time for the signup and the first recharge till Jan 31. making it an effective rate of ~4c a min to call India from the US.
Alas, I should have believed in the adage 'If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is'. My credit card has been charged (the website is funky or maybe even clever: it gave errors when i signed up in terms of providing proof of signup, but evidently functioned well when it came to charging my credit card!!) and neither has my phone number been registered nor have I received any email acknowledging the signup. The only proof of my signing up is the charge on my credit card which was very prompt.
To add insult to injury, neither do they respond to email nor is their "24x7 Customer Care No. " [protected] working. Considering that they are a telecom company, the irony cannot be lost! Wondering if this is genuinely by Bharti which is a reputed telecom player in India or a scam perpetrated on us by someone!
More Airtel CallHome Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Airtel - don't trust airtel! 
- [Resolved] Lost My Cell With An Airtel Sim Card - please block my number - 9970516597 
- [Resolved] Airtel / Puk Number - unable to get puk number! 
- Airtel Do Not Call Registry - continue to receive unsolicited calls and sms! 
- Bharti Airtel Limited - balance tower site rent 
- Airtel - for massage not out last one year
- Airtel Secure - airtel secure
- Bharti Airtel - mobile tower installation fraud
- Bharti Airtel - faulty sim cards
- Airtel India - mobile service issue.. fraud in bills