Airtel / false advertising & unjustified deduction

On this Sunday I got 1 message from Airtel from 678000 saying "Your Hello Tunes Subscription Pack for 30 days has been updated. Dial 678 to select the latest songs as your Hello Tunes."

As it was free of cost I dialed 678 to set a latest song as Hello Tune for my number. Immediately after that my account was debited with Rs. 65. I downloaded this Hello Tune only because it is free. I don't want if it is being charged. This is unfair to me and I want my money credited back to my account.

I called your customer care executives twice on 15 Jan & 16 Jan. They said you deactivate your hello tune by dialing "*106#" and your money will be credited back to your account within 24 hours. It has not been done till now.

Lastly when I called customer care executive today (Jaideep Nimbalkar) he told me that your money will not be credited back to your account. He also said that you are fooling around by saying that it was not mentioned in your message that downloading a latest song will cost you money. You will have to come to our office and bla bla bla.

A  26th of Mar, 2007 by
I received an sms for dialer tunes from 12800. I dialed the number and then i realized it was written 60 paise per second. So i cut the line immediately. But i did'nt activate the dialer tunes. But it has been activated and my account is going low. Because, everyday new dialer tone is set up and the money for it is taken from my account. Beware!
A  19th of Jul, 2007 by

I have just taken a new connection of AirTel. Its prepaid card, today morning i got one message without sending any reaquest i.e "You Have been Subscribed to HelloTune..."

When i gave call to Customer care, i have been told that, i'm getting this free hello tune for a month n after that i ll have to pay for it, and when i asked to deactivate the same i got one number from them and thats *106#.

I am trying this number since morning and still i am getting same message i.e "The request has timed out, Please try again"...

This is one more way this AIRTEL selling there boring Hello Tunes. ;-X

PLEASE DONT GO FOR airtel CONNECTION... ITS absolutely 3rd class.
A  29th of Aug, 2009 by
i too very sad with such unfair mean of deducting money.and worst thing is, no one is here to listem your complaints.I supposed we all should through airtel and look for another good telecom service...
please help me .

jagdish rawat
N  3rd of Jun, 2016 by

Airtel - fake subscription packs by airtel and deducting money
university of bangalore

dear sir---

i am arif bhat very much frustated by the service subscription by airtel . they subscribe the pack services to my number and deduct the money automatically and then say that i have done this. they are looting the money like this in manner. please help me. the customer service of airtel is very rude.
my no is 09906432069