Airtel / horrible service

1 India Review updated:

Purchased airtel sim on 10 nov, Airtel cut my connections on 21 nov without any message or alert. Went to Airtel office on 22dec, they gave me duplicate sim and said they will take 3-4 days to activate. Till 2nd dec my Phone dint get activated. Went again to Airtel office, which airtel executive initially said he dint know where my application form is and told me to resubmit application form., then i looked some pile of forms kept on the table where i found my my Duplicate sim form was still lying on the table, as they dint do anything with it. After requesting executive 50 times, he finally said he is reinstalling the sim. But after that only my outgoing calls were activated and that also at Rs 1.5 per call whereas i had Rs 250 left in my sim @ call rate 1p/sec. Till date 11 dec my incoming is still barred and i cant send message to anyone. Regarding this call rate airtel executive asked me to call sm1 at 51111 from airtel office only. I called him n told problem and then he asked me to hold and never picked up phone again ..i kept calling him 10 times. Airtel executive name is Surendra his number is [protected]. I went twice on 5 and 6 dec and he said problem will be fixed in 1 day. and now he dont pick call

Is airtel trying to push their loyal customers to permanently switch to other account? When i went to airtel office 50 other customer were there who have same problem that their prepaid number has been cut off by airtel

I have been harassed too much as by airtel. Time to move to consumer court to get some relief. Thanks airtel for such horrifying experiecne.

Comments

• Sc
      4th of Oct, 2007

I have Airtel pre paid mobile number 9818403809 having long term validity. I came to united States and wrote to their customer service many times requesting them to let me know how much is to be paid for one year renewal of prepaid connection.
    I always got a computer generated confirmation informing me that some one will reply in 24 hours..However no body in the organization bothered to reply inspite of a number of repeated requests. A specific complaint also did not yield any response.

Ultimately, i had to send my sim-card to india with a friend and to my horror they have renewed it only for a month saying it is in grace period. I am suffering for no fault of mine and do not know whether same number will now be renewed for one year. I am sure even if you take up the matter with th e company they will not reply.

This is not the only incident. I also have a land line at Noida 4330230.Last year their agent collected bill payment in cash, issued company receipt and did not deposit the amount in company. I got call from their customer service that i have not made payment. I informed them of factual position.and to my utter supride they disconnected my landline. I went to their office explained position but was told to make another payment for same bill which i had to do to get reconnection. On complaint to their senior officer the matter was investigated and confirmed that a double payment had been made. To my surprise, in next bill the same issue of non payment cropped up and i had to make a number of calls to resolve matter. I was not compensated in any way for disconnection. Even a letter to their head office did not yield any compensation for harassment.

I have noticed that Airtel promises alot but fails to live up to what they say. There customer service is nothing but a back end office for noting complaints and lack ability to coordinate with company to solve customers problem.

I am confident that even if you toke up issue with them they will not send any e-mail reply or express regret.

2nd of Jun, 2008

I took a airtel postpaid sim card from Bannerghatta airtel office and they assured me like the sim will get activated in 1 hr coz its a duplicate sim, but since its almost a day and the sim still didn't get activated. When we call customer care, those guys never gives us proper answer. And always they say still we are not updated with the details.

I don't understand what those guys work like, is it airtel customer care or customer don't care service. Simply to say its a worst service I have ever seen.

And they hesitate to give us the airtel office phone number.

• Rs
      14th of Jul, 2008

I am new to Bangalore and i took a postpaid connection from Bannerghatta Airtel office, and the address proof given was my rent agreement. AFter a day, my connection was deactivated and the reason given was the address verfication result came as negative. As i am a new tenant to that house and the adjacent teants are not even seen me since the working timings are different. And the address verfication dept not even called me and verify the address. When i am contacting the customer care they not even responded well. I am really frustrated with the poor customer service byAirtel in Karntaka.

• Li
      4th of Sep, 2008

Airtel charges for sending sms to other airtel numbers is 10ps.But from last 15 days they are deducting 25ps for me. Also i recharged amount 0f 200 Rs for my card n they gave me talk time of 90Rs... I am completely pissed of... Please never take airtel connection... every time u call their customer care they will tell u that within 24 hrs this problem will be resolved but i guess fir them 24 hours is 24 yrs.

12th of Dec, 2010

Rakesh
    My prepaid number is 9971964614. To reiterate my problem in one line..my incoming calls and outgoing SMS is barred . After such a horrifying experience, I have lost all hope from Airtel. However if you want you can take another couple of months to resolve it.

14th of Dec, 2010

Rakesh
    How will you contact me, when you cannot call me on 9971964614 as your AIRTEL has barred the incoming facility.
    Note down the alternative contact number 8527512695 on which you can contact me. Do something boss its over 1 month now.

16th of Dec, 2010

Rakesh

Can you provide me a DEADLINE when your team will be able to fix the issue? It has already been 40 days of suffering for me? Does airtel have any policy of addressing any issue within perennial time?

22nd of Dec, 2010

Rakesh
    As per our discussion you asked me to contact 121 again as you had sent the issue to them. I called 121 on 22 dec once again. They said they can't find any complaint for this number neither from you nor from me. I dono about you but I had myself complaint about my problem to airtel office and customer care more than 10 times but I am sure Customer care either doesnot write complain or they delete them next days without giving any solutions.
    Let me know if you people cant solve this problem as i am wasting my hell lot of time in this

As far as you call is concerned, I was busy with my placement activities, hence could not picked your call. But I didnot get any sms from your side.

Airtels Dissatisfied Customer

25th of Dec, 2010

Rakesh
    Just checked it. PROBLEM STILL REMAINS THE SAME. Let me know how did you arrive at the conclusion that the problem has been resolved when I still cannot receive any Incoming calls?

• Te
      18th of Feb, 2011

who send the sms your number won any thosANDS pound who give me the pounds airtel campany no action airtel tumhri ma ki chut tumaree bosadn me teri bhana ka land bhen chod tumari maki chut may aloo pyazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz