Airtel / unwanted missed call alert service

India Review updated:
4.5

Dear all,

I have an airtel prepaid connection and I am a person who talks to the point on mobile and I prefer not wasting my mobile balance for gossips etc.

This all started in march 2007, when I got a sms from airtel customer care:

"Rs 15 have been deducted from your account for your last VAS download. Thank you for using Airtel missed call alert service." Of course not willing to pay 15 Rs for missed call alert, I immediately called customer care. After much of "Please wait, maa'm, I will check", I got an answer from the customer service guy that the service was given because "I asked for it". Shocked by this invention, I told him that never in my life have I requested such service by call, sms or reply to call or reply to sms with airtel customer service and there is some error in airtel database. The person adamantly told me that "If our system says that you have asked for it, you have asked for it." I again told the person that I have never requested such service. But like a taped message, his reply was the same. "If our system says that you have asked for it, you have asked for it."

I requested the customer fellow that if he says that I asked for 'Missed call alert' service, he should produce me proofs and date and time, when and by which medium have I asked for missed call alert service. The person said that "Sorry Maa'm, We cannot disclose the information." After much of argument, The person told me that they would not refund the 15 rs deducted, and If I want that next month 15 Rs not deducted, I should sms mca cancel to 511 and confirm within 24 hours that the service is really canceled.

Helpless, but not willing to lose Rs 15 again next month, I sent the sms to 511. When called to ask whether the missed call alert service is canceled, I got a reply from customer care that "The service is still active, but it will surely be canceled within next 24 hours."

Next month when I saw Rs 15 deducted again, I immediately called customer care and informed about the matter. Again I got the reply about "sms mca cancel to 511, will be canceled in next 24 hours" etc etc. This time also I sent the sms. I also mailed to 121@airtelindia.com about this. Git an automated reply "your request will be processed within 24 hours." But no one from customer care reached me about complaint.

Now 7 months are over since I first called customer care. 15 X 7=105 Rs already deducted form my account. I resent the complaint mail 4 times. Every month I send sms about canceling missed call alert service, every time new customer care guy tells me that this time the service will surely be calceled, and next month I again see Rs 15 deducted from my account.

Is there any other way than sending sms about canceling a service and being restless because it is not canceled, or talking to any tina, mina or asif from airtel call center and their false promices?

Comments

An
  13th of Jan, 2008
Exactly same is my complaint with airtel, this is now going on with me since 8 months. Every time call center people tell to sms mca cancel to 511, every time I do that and get promices that it will be cancelled within 24 hours and every next month 15 rs are deducted again.
Ti
  13th of Feb, 2008
Just throw the Airtel Sim, Go for HUCH or Other Good service provider.
Or try CNCL MCA to 511

Just conform it is CNCL MCA or cancel mca
Je
  26th of Aug, 2008
After reading this comment you will not visit this website again

Dear friend this happen with me and with my friend also though i send cancellation sms=DMCA@ 250 my INR 15 rs got deducted i immediately call 121 executive also reply me same then i calm myself and again made call after 24 hour since 24 is require for system updation. I made complaint with all details like date /time when i got sms and when i send sms for cancellation date/time after this he assure me that he ( Airtel ) will send me my balance and yes i do get my balance in 48 hours with sms confirmation like (we are pleased to informed you that an amt of Rs 15 has been credited in your account.* my friend didn't got his balance back cause he fail to lodge complaint properly)

Friend no any company is fraud except ( unReliance ) since government have punish them lot of time for exploiting and cheating with both customer and government. I feel as per as private telecoms sector concern only BHARTI airtel is ideal since there name bharti airtel sound more close to bharat than company like VEDA PHONE / UN-RELIANCE but this time your problem is serious i will advice you to email your problem to NODAL OFFICER i read abt this in airtel Manuel since i have habit of reading all the detail abt the product explain your complaint like all details like cell information mobile number since when ur ballcne deducted how many time u made complaint since airtel server always store all the data so i am sure he will look in this concern and he wil resend your balance. According to airtel information book nodal officer is the last step and he is suppose to either resolve or reply your complaint within 48 hours
*Email address= nodalofficer.mumbai@airtel.in /contact no= 9987244865 *mumbai circal only.

Friend i have also face lot problem like u. I face money deduction for mobile office service which was inactive and i was not able to enjoy and cancel it. Everyday my balance use to deduct by 14.99 and everyday i use to make complaints and they resend my ballace with same tape ( sure from tomorrow your balance will not be deducted ) this continued for 9 days then i went to Airtel gallery they also fail to resolve my problem then i desperately started searching solution on this and then i came to know abt this NODAL OFFICER but i didn't find the email address or mobile number of nodal officer then i request his email and mobile number just by sms to 121 and i got i email the story with full details i don't know should i tell this or not but i think people should know both side since this is complaint Bord people only posting complaints. I request to resend my INR 30 Rs but Airtel ( nodal officer ) send me INR 128 Rs don't know how he calculate my loss i tell this to my friend he explain me why i got 120 insted of just 30 he said cause i was badly harrase by airtel system server due some fault he paid the loss which i had ( financially / psychologically )
Ab
  12th of Sep, 2008
I am faced with this Rs 15 deduction problem myself. I have the lowest end mobile phone, with no WAP support. Still they are deducdting Rs 15 citing some WAP service. I have already lost at least Rs 90/-
Call centre executives put it bluntly that they cannot deactivate it. Since I find many people facing this issue we should get together and make a representation to Airtel senior management.

Email hi_pedler@yahoo.com
sanjeev pradhan
Ra
  30th of Jan, 2009
Hi Sir...

Your billing system is have wrong, ur frauding to ur customer, ur system charge me of that calls also which i not make but i cant prove that .but ur system charge me bill for that number which number is not in use, not active from last 6 month and i can prove this bcoz that no. is also post paid and i can get the details of that no. i was complaining from last two month but nt geting result and today my outgoing is nt going on if my problem not solve up to tomorrow then i will made case in consumer court on ur company i want result upto tomorrow within any condition .

thanks and regards

Raju Bargale
mobile no. 9766615777
De
  1st of Dec, 2009
Dear Nodal officer,

I am Deependra Singh Bhadouria and My Mobile no. 9867244042.
I want to lunch a strong protest against very poor customer service from Airtel Mumbai.

I was using Motorola Z6 Rocker with imei 355556010072389. I validate my IMEI by sending an sms to 53232 and got following SMS in reply from 53232...
SUCCESS: THIS IMEI BELONGS TO :BRAND : Z6MANUFACTURER : MOTOROLASOURCE:MSAI,
OFFICIAL GSMA PARTNER IN INDIA.

Even though i having valid IMEI, The Airtel Sim card stop working on motorola Z6 from 30th nov Due to this I had lost my precious time and money.
From the beginning of this month I am keep getting massages about Invalid IMEI. So I spoke to Customer Service Executives more than 10 times in this regard. They informed me that " its a common massage and I should not worry about it Each and every time they replied the same thing.
Now what happened today I lost my time my money my handset...all of because very poor Customer Service. If they didn't have the proper information than they shouldn't have provided me wrong info regarding IMEI.
I ques at Customer Relationship Center at Naupada Thane, But they didn't help me about any thing.
After that I called 121 and spoke to CSA at around 14:20 PM 30112009...She spoke very rudely and didn't listen my complaint.
Right know I am feeling morally harassed by Airtel Customer Service. This is not the way to treat costumers...I am a customer of airtel since 2005.
I don't know how Airtel had put my IMEI on invalid IMEI nos' list. While each and every GSM Service providers are providing the GSM service on my mobile handset except AIRTEL.(After inserting various GSM Sims in my Handset)
I want to start Airtel services on my Mobile hand set(Z6 MOTOROLA 355556010072389) any how.
I am very very disappointed with Service of Airtel.

I have a very strong faith at Airtel's Grievance Department.
This is a very humble request to you to resolve my Complaint ASAP.

Regards
Deependra
9867244042/9326345591
Ja
  13th of Apr, 2010
Dear Sir
My connections disconnect 3rd time in 15days please help me sir, I purchased two connections of airtel ( 9501680044, 9501780044) on 27-4-2010 from chadha telecom Patiala (Punjab)(Mob no 9815001512). According to your company the area of Dhuri city is in black list. Before about 4-5 years I have an airtel connection in working. Which is 9876162775.regarding this no. & purchase two airtel new connections 9501680044, 9501780044 with 500 Rs as a security .the verification of this two new no.s is on 3/4/10 by your employee Manish (9878161902). And my inquiry for new connections is true then I don’t know what reason your company disconnect my new both connections. They told that my verifications have been negative. They I talk to my dealer and check my verifications to your company then my no. were working with in 2 hours. They 7/4/10 time 3.35pm Gurnam Singh mob no.9779588775 calling me your documents has received by company. Your no. will be always in working. They today on 8/4/10, my both no.s in not working. By calling to your customer care they told me your documents are not received. But my documents had received on 7/4/10 by Gurnam Singh.
Kindly all my three no.s of airtel unsubscribe (9876162775, 9501680044, 9501780044) pending bill of my three no.s sent to me. I will pay to you. And please disconnect my three no.s immediately. i don’t want to take any tensions of this work. And my money of security of two no.s keeps that money and deposit to airtel fund. I heard that Airtel Company is no one company of world. but this kind of workers take your company at the bottom. And request to you take a sufficient action against this kind of workers
I shall be very thank full to you
Jasvinder Singh
Ps
  25th of Nov, 2010
Hi,
This is Shashank one of your Customer
I am facing a problem from your end, already i had complaint in Airtel minimum 10 times, but no any action taken by end
My problem is that I am continue receiving calls from Airtel Executive regarding activate GPRS n MMS, MESSAGE, MISSED CALL ALERT, n Any unwanted calls from your Executive. your Executive committed that he has added my no. in DNC n also forward to his Senior but no any Action taken by Seniors. so would request you to please do the need full as soon as possible, MY NO. IS (9936318579)
Waiting your positive reply on my below mentioned mail id.
my mail is (shashankp.143@rediffmail.com)

Bharti Airtel Logo Bharti Airtel