Airtel / unauthorized charge on credit card
I am writing to share my frustrating experience with airtel in the us: I registered & bought a talk time card for $5 in dec06. When I received my credit card statement, I found that not only did they charge me $5 but they also charged another $50 on my credit card without my confirmation. I called on 30 dec06 the helpline & I was given the sr number: 285551 with a promise that they would get back to me earliest.
After waiting for 1 month & not hearing from them through mail or phone called them & was assured of resolution - they said they will get back in a month. I patiently waited for 2 months and called them back on 02 april07. They filed a case sr number: 358802 and promised to help. But nobody called or mailed.
On this day I also closed the account. They gave me a refund of $5 but the actual issue of debiting my account with $50 for which I was following up for so long was still not resolved.
On april 26th, we got very frustrated and called/emailed them. They asked us to send the transaction details which we sent them. We gave them the transaction date: 8th december 2006, transaction amt: $50 & the reference number.in our credit card statement it clearly shows that the transaction was done by "bhartiairte [protected] ny [protected] description cellular telephone".
To this they sent a reply saying that they had refunded an amount of $5 to us already. [this was not even our issue - our issue was about the extra $50 that they had charged us]. We were all the while following up about the $50 which they had debited to our account without our permission and they replied about something else.
Now, having gone through all this-we called our credit card company to dispute this charge of $50 but since the number of days since the txn is more than 90 days they said it wouldn't be able to help.
I fail to understand how a company like airtel would be so irresponsible and be so unethical in answering a consumer complaint. They first ignored the customer for a long time and then they responded to a wrong issue, and now they refuse to take any responsibility of the txn.
More Airtel Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Airtel - don't trust airtel! 
- [Resolved] Lost My Cell With An Airtel Sim Card - please block my number - 9970516597 
- [Resolved] Airtel / Puk Number - unable to get puk number! 
- Airtel Do Not Call Registry - continue to receive unsolicited calls and sms! 
- Bharti Airtel Limited - balance tower site rent 
- Bharti Airtel - international roaming
- Bharti Airtel - to disconnect landline/broadband connection 
- Bharti Airtel - network registration failed
- Bharti Airtel - allotting my airtel no to someone else
- Bharti Airtel - lane line and broadband services