[Resolved] Airtel Broadband / fraudulent bill!

1 India Review updated:

I have received a bill (invoice no.[protected]) for the period 21/08/06 to 20/09/06 for Rs.807.64 towards broadband connection and multiple telephone facility. Surprisingly none of the facilities exist at my place nor there is any connectivity of airtel broadband service in the area. What is more shocking is that the shows 88 telephone calls made for non-existent facility. It is obvious that airtel must be deceiving actual consumers by deflating their bills in a fraudulent manner. Is there any regulator which could at random look into complaints of actual users and the relief, if any, offered by airtel. Airtel has not so far given any explanation to me for their fraudulent act though I received calls for payment and insisting that broadband connection exists at my place. I do not know how should I proceed and approach appropriate authority to deal with such matters effectively so that exemplary penalties are imposed on such operators.

Resolution statement

Bharti Airtel Customer Care's Response, May 14, 2016

Dear Mr. Sharma,
This is with reference to your post dated 9 May 2016.
We are keen to resolve your concern; however, we will require your airtel account number along with an alternate contact number to resolve it effectively.
Look forward to receiving the required details at airtel.presence@airtel.com
Regards,
Akanksha Singh
airtel presence (airtel customer service team)
bharti airtel ltd.
airtel.presence@airtel.com

Twitter - www.twitter.com/airtel_presence
Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd

Comments

Ve
  22nd of Jun, 2007

I too had experienced the following problem.

I am subscriber to Airtel Broad Band Unlimited account. I had the problem in connecting on and off mostly on Sundays but from the Morning of 11/06/2007 the connection is not working, unable get the link and made complaints on 11th, 13th, 17th 21st of Jun2007 to Airtel informing them about the problem and telling them the i will not be paying any money for the days it is not working, but in vain.

So
  17th of Jul, 2007

We have an internet connection in our school i.e Summer Fields School DLF ph I Gurgaon. The net is not working from a week. We had complained on ph also but they said that there is no disturbance in line. We need it urgently.

Kr
  1st of Aug, 2007

From March 2007, my Airtel broadband is not working properly. Frequent disconnect. Helpline became helpless line. For over 5 months, they were unable to diagnose the problem and still somehow I am using their connection after paying their monthly bills. That is because I have trusted their brand. No further hopes. However I have ordered for cancellation and getting MTNL connection.

Su
  2nd of Sep, 2007

Airtel Broadband customer care are cheaters and big time lairs.
If you have any complains don't ever call them, always send them a mail,s o that you have a record of the same in case of any issues later. They can enroll you for any plan they want any time of the day and charge you for the same, forgetting the fact that you would also have a copy of the same. I am having a very very sour experience with them.

Sa
  9th of Sep, 2007

I have few points to put up regarding Broadband services. Though the government and broadband providers are talking about making whole india broadband enabled for fast knowledge transfer, they are still very choosy in providing services to all areas even in a big city like Ghaziabad. We have all the service providers here but none available in my area. Finally after much paperwork, request and pressure, Airtel did put up the line. I have been using AirtelBroadband for over a year now. I was very satisfied with its quality and any faults were generally rectified in 1 day. Which is very good.

It was all fine till I reached April this year and thought to upgrade to 99 rs night unlimited plan. Which typically means, anything I do with internet after 9m to 8am is free of charge. So I started doing all the heavy work, downloads / uploads after 9 pm. i was very cautious not to do any heavy things in day time. When bill came, it was over Rs 2500. Apparently airtel overbilled, I called up and based on my past bills, which were rarely above 1100-1200, they adjusted. Then continuously every month the bill was at high end 2500rs. And now they are not giving any help.

Finally after lots of discussions, initiated from my end, as its my need to have broadband for my business, we realized that Airtel Broadband has FAULTY and NAIVE and KID LIKE Systems. After checking the BILL I came to realize that at one billing line I had started internet at 8.59.51 pm. I was billed over 600 rs for that. Meaning Airtel was not automatically stopping my billing at 9pm... They expect the user to shutdown broadband and reopen it at 9pm/... What kind of ### is this?

This is a company which talks about taking india to next big stage and their systems do not even support this thing? Neither they write it anywhere on their website, neither there customer care people are educated about this. I can not see why many foreign companies have started shying away from our customer care services. Its pathetic and uneducated lot. They never try to resolve it now. I call up customer care and have explained them same thing over and over again as they don't write the right things in record. I even contacted their NODAL office, some Mr Dinesh Daryani, but it was same. They just had customer care call. There was no resolution.

My connection ha sbeen closed for over 1.5 months now and I am somehow managing with dialup. But Airtel still keeps sending me the bill, including the period when my connection has been disconnected. This is the Airtel which will take india to next century. MR Bharti Mittal, please resolve these issues before talking to WALMARTS of the WORLD. First make your company better and then deal with foreigners, they will rip you off for such things.

Hoping that TRAI does something about it and makes it compulsory for every broadband provider in a CITY to provide service to every nook and corner of the city not just selected areas.

Thanks,
Saurabh.

Pr
  9th of Sep, 2007

It is really bad 4 the kind of services provided by airtel's agent 4 net connectivity... I live in indore... and i have applied 4 the airtel broadband connectivity to my home and due to the very good services offered by airtel, i thought that this the best one i cud get... but the case is not so... it is just the name nothing else... May be because the company doesn't recruit the right employees... or the employees r cheating the company... i don't know... well... i applied 4 it in july 1st week of this year... and about 4 a month the agent or your employee Mr.Subodh Chouhan(may be the surname is this...) hanged me...
i used to call him daily but either he wud not reply my call or say "mam today i will definitely do it"... for getting the money he came straight forward on that day itself...but for the connection he was like as if absconded...

I called him daily morning and evening but he or the connection doing workers would not come... saying "Yes mam we are coming in just 1 hour"... and also if Mr Subodh gets irritated he would give me his friend's number saying me to talk to that person for the connection because he (his friend)handles that deptt... And when i talked to them they also give me the same response... finally , my phone's bill raised to double just because of these calls... so after 3 weeks his friend came and searched for the DP...and didnt found it and went away without even informing me... again i had to call them and ask... then after 2-3 days i got DP in my colony so i thought if they cud do that, (because i have already paid money)again i called them and told....but after one week of continuous call he sent some workers for the connection and they denied that connection cant be made...

So id gone to airtel office and told them... and they said your money will be at your door in 25 days... but now there are 30-35 days and my money has not come yet... and that Mr soubodh says the same thing... given me his friend's number... not caring at all...

Si
  20th of Sep, 2007

Hi i need airtel broband connection in meenjur near ennore. Please guide me my mobile no is 9940174282.

Ma
  26th of Oct, 2007

This is regarding my new DSL connection on 45542686.

There is something wrong with the way Airtel calculates bytes uploaded and downloaded. I have observed that although I am just doing casual browsing or checking e-mail and "NOT" doing
any big file downloads, the self care website shows pretty high usage of Internet. For example on 24th October it is showing 29 MB. I did not download any big files. The only thing I can tell you is that DSL router was on for 10-12 hours.

When I contacted the engineer who installed the DSL, he told me that I should power off the DSL router when not in use.

But this is not the solution. If I am not using Internet and router is just on, it should not count any bytes downloaded or uploaded.

Airtel is cheating.

Maneesh Bisht

As
  3rd of Dec, 2007

i want to discoonect the airtel broadband connection

Hi
  19th of Dec, 2007

Hi,

I am using the Rs 99 unlimited topup plan (9pm-8am) and last month got a letter that the plan is getting upgraded to Rs 199 from 8pm to 8am and it will be effective from 26 Nov. Then I started my internet from 8pm. today i got an sms that my bill is 2500 apprx, where as my bill used to come at around Rs 700-800. These guys did not change my plan and charged me for 8pm to 9pm daily. When i called cust care and after getting transferred 4-5 times, one person said, ur plan details are still Rs 99. Another guy said, my details have changed recently. When i enquired about the date when the plan changed in ur system, the person said i cannot see that, but i will call you and tell you. After arguing a lot they finally lodged a complaint and said they will look into it.

Lets see what happens. any body can give any contact details for any senior guy in airtel billing dept, in case this is not resolved easily.

Ni
  16th of Jan, 2008

Hai,
i am using airtel broadband and i am having problem with bytes send and recieve means it automatically after connecting starts send recieve continously. Please give me solution

With Kind regards
NITHESH

Sr
  31st of Jan, 2008

DEAR SIR,

I AM USING AIRTEL BROADBAND CONNECTION
PAST 2MONTH , I WANT TO DISCONNECT THE
CONNECTION IMMEDIATELY WITH OUT FAILED.

RESEAN FOR DIS-CONNECT:- I HAVE SHIFT MY

SRIVATHASAN.

CHENNAI-15.

Vi
  10th of Mar, 2008

I want to disconnect my airtel connection

Pa
  26th of Apr, 2008

respected sir,
iam paresh singh my dsl connection speed very low
plz solve my problem.

no. 0761 -4082862

Su
  7th of May, 2008

hi im suhaib shamsi frm agra i have allready 1 artl conection.i need a new conection of brdband, all papers are finaly complete.but ur area dealer says we can not provied ur connection.

Ar
  11th of May, 2008

i m arvind. my tel no. is 4032893. i want to disconnect my broadband connection.

Da
  26th of May, 2008

for the past 2 months we have no phone line on the broad ban. I compliant more than 10 times but no one will take responsible. so I think to change other broad, I regrect to say that service is so poor. I could not follow all the time behind airtel. we need action Immediately

kind regards,

7th of Jun, 2008

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yo
  28th of Jul, 2008

We have taken 2 MB DSL commercial line. It was told that we shall be getting 2 MB 1:1 i.e. 2 MB of uploading and 2 MB of down loading. And that too unlimited usage shall be provided to us. Till date (even after 1 week and so many complaints made by us on customer care), we are not getting any reponse or solution. At present we are only getting downloading speed. But we are not geeting anything (just 380 KBPS) for uploading.

Pls. note that we shall not pay any charges till this is completely sorted out to our satisfaction as per your committment.
Pls. look into it.

Thanks
Yogesh Garg
E Fusion IT Solutions Pvt Ltd

Sw
  19th of Aug, 2008

I have fixed line conncetion for airtel broadband.
I want to change my room.As customer care person told me they charge 300rs for trasfering the location. Will they charge for transferring in same building.