Airtel - Bangalore / please never take airtel connection or you will be in great trouble!

1 India Review updated:

First of all I want to say never take Airtel connection at least in Bangalore.

I took Airtel Pre-Paid connection 15 days back, I submitted all required documents to that dealer only,then after one week I came to know that my documents are not with Airtel people that is why my Outgoing are barred.

I went to that dealer he told me no its not like that, and he told me that he had submitted those documents on the very next day.

Then I went to one Airtel Outlet and I submitted all the required documents again last week only.

But yesterday I came to know that again my outgoing are barred as my documents didn't reached there.

Its really bad.Whenever I call to customer care people they were like "Mam we can't help you in this and you have to resubmit your documents"

I personally advice everyone not even think to take this stupid AIRTEL connection.

Comments

• Pr
      16th of Feb, 2007

I too have the same problem with Airtel. These people are so lax in their work and on top of that they claim to be numero uno in mobile service section in India. This completely contradicts their work attitude. I do agree that their might be some stray incidents, but nowadays these type of incidences have been increasing.

Vodafone's acquisition of Hutch should bring immense amount of pressure on Airtel and its services.

Better if all Airtel customers switch over to Vodafone's new acquisition ( don't know whether they are going to change the name of the company) en masse.

• Pr
      18th of Sep, 2007

Absolutely.

Complacency is the first word that comes to my mind the way airtel service provided in bangalore. Needless to say in few years Airtel would find virtually no customers at this.

They charged 10500 rupees for my broadband connectivity whereas usually past one year it never crossed 1500 rupees.
    The fact of the matter is i was not in town in one of the dates mentioned in usage billing.
    The irony is that executive himself agrees its wrong but wants me to pay money and in future it will not happen. Finally i had to throw the connection away and go for BSNL.

PLEASE BE AWARE OF AIRTEL , IT SUCKS VIRTUALLY

• Ka
      21st of Sep, 2007

yes, i too agree with your view. Do you know where to complaint against such things. Since these airtel do not listen though while selling they promise you better service.

• So
      24th of Sep, 2007

I have had many bitter experiences too with Airtel. Lot of false promises and very poor customer service. They have a laid back attitude no doubt. Event cancellation of an account was a very bad experience.

• Di
      6th of Nov, 2007

Hi Team,

In the recent times your services are pathetic in fact pathetic is an under statement. My no. is 09945106356 and I reside in B'lore. A month before I faced a very strange problem, my incoming calls were barred and my out going messages were stopped without any reason. After trying several times through your god 'dam IVR, I spoke with one of your associate and a so called supervisor who promised to resolve the issue and give me a call by another 15 minutes, but I did not receive any calls from anybody till date. After some days I was able to receive calls but my messages are still barred. If somebody is reading this mail from Airtel could u please improve your services and be a bit committed towards your work. I have been using your services from the past 4 yrs and I never encountered such problems. Hence plz guys be a bit more proactive and please give me a number where I can speak with a CSR, your IVR s*cks!!!

Thanks,
    Dib

• Vi
      7th of Nov, 2007

I took Airtel postpaid a/c and had the same problem.. they barred my outgoing because of "negative address verification" which was again their fault because they did not update the right address in their system when i had asked them to... I spoke to so many customer service "executives" who have an intelligence level below that of a kindergarten kid and they all said they'll take care of it, but problem kept recurring.. we should sue these guys in the consumer court..

• Ab
      2nd of Jan, 2008

Airtel Service is very good, I am using from last 4yrs

Excellant Service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to All Airtel Family.

Cheers.

Abdul Nasim
    Bangalore ..................................................

• De
      18th of Jan, 2008

This Airtel is a bloody sucking affair. I checked my balance on prepaid yesterday 18th Jan at 11 am and it was 25.17. Since then no calls were made and I don't use this lousy thing for any SMS! To my utter surprise, when I tried to call a number pat came a reply, " your balance is too low for making a call" Balance is Rs. 10.17.

This is by any standard a : DAY LIGHT ROBBERY.

NO ONE ANSWERS A QUERY IN AIRTEL. THEY SIMPLY TAKE MONEY FROM SUCKERS LIKE ME AND DITCH THEM.

LONG LIVE AIRTEL!!!!!!!!!!!

31st of Mar, 2008

They sucks... right from the security at the gate to Mittal .. all the unprofessionals who are here to loot, harass and make money at the cosumers expense.

• Do
      20th of May, 2008

Airtel customer service in bangalore is like stray dog barking. We dont when it will bark and when it will bite.

• Do
      20th of May, 2008

###er will always ### your money like airtel.

• Mo
      23rd of Jul, 2008

I faced one problem with airtel. On 19th July 2008 my account balance came with (Minus) -14.35. On the same day i spoke with airtel customer care regarding this issue, they told that hello tunes were activated to your account. I called from some other number to my own number nothing has activated. I am following this case for 4 days and finally they told that 2day 22/07/2008 your amount will be refund @ 5.26 pm, still i havnt received any amount.

I am using airtel prepaid for past 5 years.

Good service but some activity feel bad.

26th of Jul, 2008

Jahan wrote...

how do u lock or block unwanted advertisements thru airtel sms ?? has been a big nuisance, receiving nuisance messages every 9 mins. Am staying in Bangalore and using airtel, have complained to customer service but no use, they keep repeating they have put in the complaint and with that they will give u a stupid reference no. of no use but am still receiving cricket messages every 9 minutes. Who damn cares about their bloody cricket games ... am very annoyed and frustrated, please help. I did not activate for any subscription and wonder how Airtel the service provider can give out the nos to advertisers. Is the company CEO, Mr Venkatesh sleeping or what // obviously he doesnt know what is happening in the company internally. Or pretending not to know ...

• Th
      30th of Jul, 2008

Hi all,

Whts happening ???????????
    dont think u will come up in life, if this service continues, u will loose ur good customers, ur service is pathetic, ugly, worst .Better close AIRTEL & join Vodafone it is best solution, No good customer care nor the Airtel guys . U people not able to satisfy a customer fit for nothing.

CLOSE THE AIRTEL

Cheating people will ruin ur business after some days---- better change it before this happens in bangalore
    Satisfy the customer who are suffering from your pathetic service...

VERY WORST SERVICE

• Ni
      7th of Aug, 2008

ya, very true... im also goin thru the same problem... its so frustrating... its been 4 days all the answer i get is it will be fine tomorrow... if thedealers cant follow the procedures then y does the company have such idiotic dealers... utter nonsense..

• Ra
      7th of Aug, 2008

Very worst service in Pune. Airtel is the worst service provider in Pune. Dnt take airtel in Maharashtra atleast.. Sucking service...They ditch me...

• Co
      23rd of Sep, 2008

Hi
    I am new to banglore and after reading all your comments. I finally decieded not to opt AIRTEL.
    Could any one suggest here which service provider i choose for a prepaid connection?

• Ar
      20th of Oct, 2008

realy its very difcult to continue with horrible service. without infoming me they have added airtel music as hello tune and started cutting 30/Rs per month and after request they are not deleting. now i am planing to quit this horrible connection

• Su
      10th of Nov, 2008

I completely agree with what ypu said. I also face the exact problem, called Airtell customer care multiple time but no use. Finally I insisted the call center people to connect to their supriors and they connected me to a person who said he is the Airtell general manager, and he told me that my issue will resolved in 24 hours. That happened 3 days back, still my outgoing is not reactivated and no has called me too. I'm planning to take a Vodaphone connection.

Also I had the terrible experience of visting the airtell office in Bannrgatte office for submitting the document.

• Vi
      12th of Nov, 2008

Hey I had the similar experience in Delhi. They disconnected my outgoing calls when I was in a very bad situation and the customer service executive said they never got my documents.
    But I still use Airtel in Bangalore as Vodafone is no better.
    Connectivity in Spice is worst. Getting a BSNL prepaid sim is almost impossible. Reliance and tata indicom are ruled out.