Airtel / billing malpractice

1 Bangalore, India

I have Airtel Broadband connection for last 2 years. I am using unlimited download plan for last 2 years. On Dec 28, I asked Airtel to disconnect my broadband higher rates. But I decided to continue with Airtel to avoid major discomfort with new operator. On Jan 4, I received a call from Airtel that my plan has changed to Rs 250 with limited download. I clearly told them that I am not intrested in any change in plan and would like to continue with existing plan of Rs. 799. They agreed on this.

In Februray, I received a bill of Rs 6637 with Internet charges of 5900. After my multiple discussion with Airtel, they agreed their mistake ans asked me to pay Rs. 1300. They told me that I have been moved to my original plan of rs. 799 and future bills will be based on this.

This month, I have received a bill with DSL charges of Rs. 2237. Airtel has charged for 10 days on my changed plan for 20 days on unlimited download plan.

When I call their call centre, they adamently told me that I had accepted the plan and their executives have mentioned internally some comments that I had accepted this billing. They have given me discount and their is no error from my side.

They said, they do not care for any authorities and I can go to any court / tribunals to settle. The billing executive named "Vinod" from Bangalore attended my call.