AirSplat / Terrible customer service

Terrible customer service. If you have any problems relating to faulty merchandise they try to wear you down with the run-around until you give up. I received a malfunctioning gun, right out of the box 3 months ago and it still has not been resolved. They spend days getting back to you, and then spoon feed you questions, which have already been answered, one at a time to apparently drag the process on.

My gun continues to fire in auto even after he trigger is released and returns to he normal position. I ask for a replacement, weeks go by with no response. Finely they reply whats the problem! 4 days later they say you must not be operating it properly. I ask them to call me, no response. 5 days later they agree to receive the gun.

Six or so weeks go by and the gun returns. Same gun, same issue right out of the now damaged box, and no letter or comments. More time goes by, they respond that its operator error. I say I have many airsoft guns, I have disassembled them and made repairs in my machine shop and know what I am doing. They say our tech didn't find anything wrong. I ask for a refund.

More time goes by, they say no because I originally asked for an exchange. So I again say, then exchange it. More days go by and they say no exchange because our tech didn't find anything wrong with it!

So it is 3 months and no resolve. I will never do business with them again. I do a lot of commerce on-line and this is the worst I have found for support. This is why I am filing this report, contacting my credit card company, the BBB, sending a letter to the owner, and spreading the word to stay away.

Funny thing is they have lost a dozen orders in my area because of the way they are handling this issue, far more of a loss then just replacing the gun from the start. And companies wonder why they go under after apparently starting off so good- go figure.

Le

Comments

3rd of Jun, 2009

I wish I would have read this review before ordering some accessories for my son's birthday. I had exactly the same experience. When the product arrived, it didn't work and it didn't fit my son's airsoft gun, despite a claim that the product was "universal". Trying to return the accessory started a lengthy cycle of communications by email with completely unsatisfactory results.

Don't do business with this outfit unless you want to spend a ton of money on shipping back and forth and deal with surly customer service reps who think every problem is the customer's fault.

AirSplat - sells defective merchandise
    Airsplat
    Los Angeles
    California

They ship you defective merchandise then offer you 85% of your money back or an exchange. If you opt for the exchange they send you more defective merchandise then they quote their policy that you can only get your money back minus the 15%the first time they ship you junk not the second. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. Do research on the web and you will see how many many unsatisfied customers they are creating.

• Vi

i agree

• Vi

this is great

• We
      30th of Aug, 2011

Airsplat is a fraud site, this is how they make money, I wish more people would see this. They have the lowest prices out of any retailer, that is fact, BUT, the reason why their prices can be so low, is because you pay out the ### for shipping, and pay out the for their "tech fee's" and pay out the ### for them to ship it back.

-Wex

• Ai
      4th of Oct, 2011

We are sorry to hear of any issues that any of our customers experience.

We do provide a 30 day manufacturers defect warranty and would be more than happy to help any of our customers with any issues that they might be experiencing. Unfortunately, as with anything mass produced, there can be defect in manufacturing. We do not manufacture the items, and are only a retailer, however we will do anything possible to resolve any situations that might arise. Shipping is a service provided by a third party, and is generally not covered under warranty, however we do look at every situation on a case by case basis.

We understand that every issue can be different and will do everything possible to resolve any issues. Many times, issues that arise only require some simple trouble shooting to repair the issue. We also do respond to every technical issue within 24-48 hours, and have a full call center that accepts calls Monday through Friday 9 am to 4:30 pm PST. Our customer service representatives will do everything possible to walk you through any issues, and can direct you to the right area to have the situation resolved.

When an item is returned, our technicians will fully inspect the item to ensure full functionality before returning an item from repair.

• Be
      29th of Apr, 2013

I AM FURIOUS I ORDERED MY GUN 2 WEEKS AGO AND I EMAILED 8 TIMES YESTERDAY JUST GOT BACK TO ME TODAY WHEN I EMAILED THIS MORNING THEY SAID THEY DONT EVEN HAVE THE GUN AND THEY ARE OUT OF STOCK... IF I NEVER EMAILED I WOULD BE RIPPED OFF HORRIBLE SITE AND DISAPPOINTING

• Be
      29th of Apr, 2013

AIR SPLAT GET OUT OF HERE YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS AND IM TELLING EVERYONE I KNOW NOT TO ORDER FROM YOU GUYS EVER