Airports Company South Africa / suitcase broken into

Johannesburg, South Africa

On the 13th of May 2017, I flew from King Shaka International to O.R. Tambo (International. When my bag arrived on the carousel at O.R. Tambo everything seemed fine, my lock was intact but upon closer inspection the ring of the zip used to lock the bag was broken. This worried me so I opened my bag and quickly scanned through the contents and it appeared all was fine but when I flew into London and reached home and opened my suitcase I found that all the gifts I received were stolen from my bag. Also, an envelope containing religious items was shredded in what I assume was an attempt to find money. This was a heartbreaking discovery and I think it's unacceptable that things like this happen at airports. I don't even care about the value of what was taken, it was sentimental. I went to Durban on holiday from London to see my family and they bought me these gifts for my birthday. Please do something about the staff you have working at the airports. We pay too much for flights anyway for these things to happen.

Su