airpet transportation servicescam

I FOUND A BOXER PUP ON A PET WEB SITE THAT A WAS FOR FREE. I ONLY HAD TO PAY FOR THE SHIPMENT. THE MAN, JONATHAN COLE FROM PORTLAND OREGAN, WAS A BANKER AND COULD NOT KEEP HER SINCE HIS APARTMENT DID NOT ALLOW PETS. HE HAD JUST RELOCATED.

WELL, I WAS A RETIRED BANKER AND KNOW THE HOURS AND HAD THE TIME TO DEVOTE TO THIS LOVELY ANIMAL. I EMAILED JONATHAN COLE, GAVE HIM MY PHONE NUMBER AND TOLD HIM TO CALL ME. I WOULD PAY FOR A COMMERCIAL AIRLINES TO HAVE HER TRANSPORTED TO ORANGE COUNTY AIRPORT OR LONG BEACH AIRPORT. LAX IS TOO CONJECTED. I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM "JONATIONA COLE'" WHO SAID HE WAS SENDING HER BY WAS OF AIRPET TRANSPORTATION SERVICES.

THE NEXT DAY I RECEIVE AND EMAIL FROM AIRPET TELLING ME TO WIRE 285.00 TO AN ACCOUT BY WAY OF WESTERN UNION TO CAMEROON.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Buena Park, CATHEN I RECEIVE A PHONE CALL FROM A REPRESENTATIVE OF THIS AIRPET SEVICES, WHO COULD HARDLY SPEAK ENGLISH. I ASKED FOR A NUMBER AND THAT I WOULD CALL HIM BACK. HE SAID TO EMAIL HIM.
I EMAILED JONATHAN COLE AND AIRPET SERVICES AND LET THEM BOTH KNOW THAT MY JOB AS A BANKER WAS DEALING WITH FRAUDLULENT ACCOUNTS AND THAT BEFORE I DID ANYTHING ELSE I WAS CALLING A DETECTIVE FRIEND OF MINE.
THAT IF THIS WAS A PROFESSIONAL AND LEGAL COMPANY AND NOT A SCAM, THEY WOULD TAKE VISA, MASTERCHARGE OR AMERICAN EXPRESS OR DEBIT CARD. I WILL NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ANYONE THAT WILL NOT GIVE ME A PHONE NUMBER THAT I CAN CONTACT THEM AND DOES NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH A LEGITIMATE BANK IN THE UNITED STATES THAT I CAN VERIFY.
I INTEND TO PURSUE THIS FURTHER. I HAVE SAVED ALL MY EMAIL FROM THESE PEOPLE.

Comments

• Ha
      Jul 07, 2009

We need more people to be as cautious as you but you know that's not going to happen. Even the govt and large banks are not immune to the sophisticated scams some people or organizations pull these days.

It's sad. I say if you got an opportunity to go after some of these ### do it. At least it may scare them and make them think twice.

• Li
      Jul 07, 2009

Wow, you got lucky. Knowing me I would have fallen for it. It wouldn't be the first time either. I got scammed once about "buying books for kids" and it ended up being a scam. Another time was on the internet about trying this free product and all you have to pay is shipping and that was a load of bs. they charged me for the full amount and I never got the product. The worst one though was a phone scam. I got a phone call from a local police department and the person on the other end told me that they had in custody a female, that was supposedly related to me, who failed to show proper identification and all I had to do was call a *72********** number and identify her and she will be let go. I fell for it thinking it could be my mom and not knowing that *72 is a forwarding prefix. So that inmate got to call his chick as many times as he wanted and I got left with the $200 phone bill. I hate that I am such an easy target for scams. I will definitely do all my homework next time anything might be fishy so it won't happen again. I just hope I'm thinking straight the next time someone tries to scam me.

• Th
      Jul 14, 2009

I'm presently dealing with the same scam for a tea cup Yorkie out of Nigeria.

Is there anyway to get these guys?

• Cr
      Jul 27, 2009

I hear ya I fell for the Same thing.

• Ho
      Aug 14, 2009

i believe we have been scammed by a Mr. Mousey from Idaho for a free Bosten Terrier puppy shipped per Pet Transportation courier services. We are out 480.00 western union to Cameroon. IS THERE A WAY ANYONE KNOWS OF TO GET THIS PERSON? Ginger Rollinson

• So
      Jun 29, 2010

the exact same thing happened to me. i was going to but a pug online and the guy randomly moved to arkansas cause his mother "passed away". he said he could send the dog to me on airpet something like that. and that a man would be calling me and sending me an email. i got an email that didnt seem very legit. a forein man that i could not understand what so ever called me and told me to mail them 300 using a western union thing from giant eagle. i told him i could not understand him and hung up. he aclled me back from 3 different phone numbers. it made no sense so i told the original man i wanted to cancel cause things are too fishy and i never got a reply from him or the "pet company"

• Sh
      Feb 05, 2011

Exact same thing from Portland OR. Locole Kirse was her name. She was going to give me the two westies for free but I had to pay for shipping. $270 for one or $500 for two. The shipping companies address is http://airpettransportitll.tk/. When you call them, they can't hardly speak English, they are using a magic jack phone line. The line pops in and out. He said he would call me back but never does. They tried to disguise there fraudulent website by getting a redirect .tk address which I found out about. I did a tracert on there IP which states multiple domains are listed from this IP. http://www.airpet.host22.com/index.php is there real or one of there real hosting addresses, which is hosted with http://host22.com/ a free hosting company. The only way to stop this type of fraud is to only buy puppies local, and in person. This was 100% crapy fraud. They could not even cover their tracks. She sends you 4 pictures of the Westie with red and white fabric behind her. Below is her email to me :

hello i will be using a first class pet delivery agency in transporting your puppy and it shall take approximately 7 hours for your puppy to get to your door step you can access their web page at airpettransportitll.tk
    you do not need to worry because as soon as you are done with the payment for your puppy's home delivery card all details shall be sent to you that is tracking number and a delivery card containing the exact time your puppy will get to your home okay
    best regards

• Re
      Mar 07, 2011

same thing here, pet web site. kenedy lawrence. seatle, wa. airpets is a uk company oregan and washington have airpet hotels, not transportation site. google is a wonderful thing.

• Re
      Mar 07, 2011

oh and it was for a english bulldog