airline tickets / Exorbitant and absurd prices of air tickets from on - line agents

1 India Review updated:

Who is going to regulate the prices of Airline tickets that is being sold on absurd & exorbitant prices by different sites/ agencies.
Yesterday I have booked a ticket for 2+2 from Patna to Pune in Air-India on www.makemytrip.com and within minutes I found the same set of tickets in same airlines is available for more than 30% cheaper on www.goibibo.com !! When I tried to connect the agency vide tollfree/ contact no., I was told that they are unaware of that and actually, they know nothing about the other agencies. I mailed the makemytrip.com with both the documents and a print of the webpage also. They had nothing to say except that the sites are selling depending on the tickets available at that point of time. But, there should be some system, some regulatory body to monitor how much these on-line sites can charge their customers & also, what should they charge for the cancellations. I wanted my excess money back & also, the govt to appoint some regulator for that. Hope all of you have faced similar situations at some point of time.

Da
May 13, 2015

Comments

• Tr
      15th of May, 2015

Dear DAYA PRASAD

We were looking into your concern but have found that a few important details are missing.

Please provide us with the following details:

- Booking ID or
    - Email address used at the time of booking

We await your response to get the matter checked at our end.
    Assuring you best of our services.

Team-MakeMyTrip Care