airflow/ata appliance repair / rip off

1 diamond bar, CA, United States

i requested a technician to check out my freezer which was not freezing foods properly. A tech came out and briefly checked the freezer and fridge... he told me that there was really nothing wrong and that if i would just unplug it and leave it off for 24 hours, then it would work. He told me to 'trust' him. Since he came out for the house call, i thought i would order a new freezer gasket just to make my freezer bettter... all this happened on the day before thanksgiving in 2014... on thanksgiving day, i decided to cancel my gasket order because i saw many black friday specials... and... i was not sure that the technician was right when he said 'trust' me the freezer will work if you just unplug it for 24 hours... i decided to purchase a new fridge/freezer unit and take advantage of the black friday specials... i called airflow/ata appliance repair ... at [protected] to ask them to cancel my order (which was placed less than 24 hours prior)... they told me that they will charge me a $25 restocking fee... i told them that i just placed the order less than 24 hours ago... they didn't care... they just wanted to RIP me off of my money...

i waited for them to refund my deposit... and it took 6 months to get a refund of $40 out of my $100 deposit... they charged me for the technician visit of $35 which is fine... but then they stole $25 from my deposit to cover something that was not even received.

this company just wants to take your money... i had to spend several hours to follow up with them to get my refund... i spoke to tish many times and she said she would check their accounting department... or the guy that was supposed to follow up was out sick... but all in all.. it took soooooooooooooooooooooooo loooooooooooooooooooooooong for them to return a measily $40 to me... do you think that they would let me slack off from not paying them $40? how can they take people's money without providing them with the parts? restocking fee? restocking money into their pockets that don't belong to them...

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY... THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF ANYWAY THEY CAN... ELSE YOU WILL HAVE TO WASTE YOUR TIME TO FIGHT FOR RIGHTS AND MONIES... DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.!!!