Airflow Appliance Repair / Bad service!

1 Garden Grove, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 714-633-5324

The rep that came to my house was very rude. I paid for the service call and never received a quote for the job. Basically paid for a rep to come to my house to tell me what might be the problem in a very unfriendly manner. Good luck to anyone that uses Americas same day service, Very Unprofessional.

Va

Comments

4th of Aug, 2008

very poor service. all technicians are jacking up prices x10. parts are aftermarket and the whole process of work is not ledgit. will never call them again. -10 . very bad

• Wo
      5th of May, 2009

Very unprofessional, poor workmanship. Showed up late for repair. Washing machine broke again - exactly the same problem - on the last day of the warranty - and they WOULD NOT HONOR THE WARRANTY. Insisted they would charge again. Do NOT use this company...they are a ripoff!

• Ai
      14th of Jul, 2009

same thing. washing machine broke 2 days after repair. repairman came out 4 times and is unable to f ix the problem. refuses to refund money.

27th of Jul, 2009

I had a rep come and charge me for repairing my refrigerator before giving an estimate. It wasn't professionally done, sorry to say. I was shocked at the charge and then it ended up not being fixed after all and I had to have him come back. This time there was no charge, but now I have the exact opposite problem with the fridge being too warm and need to have him come back. I made an appointment for a technician to come today, but no one ever showed up. I'm getting very frustrated with this company and wish I hadn't called them in the first place.

• Ko
      2nd of Sep, 2009

Tech spent 4 days and over 18 hours trying to fix our AC. I brought in a new company and they fixed it in 1 hour! I continually throughout the 4 days called to speak with the manager, and was greeted by rude receptionists, and the manager never returned phone calls until the end of the day. They continued to send the same tech who did not know what was going on, and denied my requests for a new tech, or additional techs. In the end the AC was not fixed, yet I was still charged a parts fee and service fee. This company never made any attempt to make better what they did wrong.

• Br
      30th of Mar, 2010

BIGGEST CROOKS IN THE APPLIANCE REPAIR INDUSTRY IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND!!

On March 23, 2010, a service repairman came to my home to take a look at my Whirlpool Refrigerator that was no longer cold. After inspection, he told me that I needed to replace the starter. He said he didn’t have the exact part number, but he had something better that would work. He said it was going to cost $245.00 for the part and $55.00 for labor. It seemed a little steep, but I accepted due to the fact my family and I were going on three days without a refrigerator. The repairman finished the job inside of 15 minutes.

After he left, I looked on line for the parts that I thought he replaced. Starters cost around $50.00. This concerned me. Before I assumed the repairman took advantage of my ignorance and anxiousness to repair the refrigerator, I called Airflow Appliance Repair to ask them about the charge. I talked to an operator who said that a manager would get back to me the next day.

The next day Danny Zusman ( the manager) and I talked. He told me that I agreed to the contract and authorized the repairman to do the work. I told him regardless of what I authorized, now, after doing some research, I have found that the repairman charged me approximately $200.00 more than other retailers. Danny’s reply was that I should have looked and compared prices before hiring Airflow Appliance to do the work. I told him regardless of what I should have done, now that I have found that starters run around $50.00, and that his repairman charged me $250.00, I wanted to talk to him directly to see what could be done before I give him and his company bad press. Again, he repeated himself and stated that I should have done comparison shopping. He said that when you shop for a car or TV prices margins vary between businesses. I told him that I didn’t care about the price differences for anything else but what I was charged for a starter. I asked him how much do they cost them at wholesale. He declined to answer that. He told me prices vary and added that starters run from $10.00 all the way up to $300.00. I told him that for the life of me I did not see anything out there for $300.00. I added that if he could send me a link on line that proved what he was saying as true, I’d give him $1000.00. He said that he didn’t have time. “It would take you two minutes of your time, “ I said! “Obviously you know of a place that retails starters for $300.00. You mean to tell me that two minutes isn’t worth $1000.00 to you?! You must be a millionaire if that’s the case. Are you a millionaire, ” I asked? He didn’t respond to that, but at some point in the conversation he told me that the service repairman only charged me $55.00 when they usually charge $150 and also that I wasn’t charged any tax. I guess that labor rate fluctuates according to how much they feel they can gouge the customer. I asked if he had a boss. He said that he did. I told him if I was his boss I’d fire him. I asked Danny, who is identified as the “manager, ” if I could contact his boss. He said, “I am as high as it goes.” “You’re as high as it goes, “ I asked? “I’m as high as it goes, ” he repeated. “That’s right, you are high, ” I retorted. I told him that I’d find out who his boss was and that he should have a nice rest of his day, while he could. We then both said good bye and hung up.

Throughout the conversation/argument, Mr. Danny Zusman acted like this was my fault. I signed the contract, hired the repairman after I was told how much it was going to cost, and paid the money. He’s right. I am at fault for hoping that I was not getting taken advantage of. I had three things going against me that day. A repairman that wanted to gouge me with either over priced parts and/or over priced labor, a huge need to get the refrigerator that had been inoperable for three days to get fixed, and my lack of knowledge when it came to refrigerator parts. Oh, there was one more thing working against me; a company who the repairman works for that supports this kind of unethical business practice.

I was unable to find the “owner” of the Airflow Appliance Repair, and only found Mr. Danny Zusman’s name as the manager and contact source for the Airflow Appliance Repair main office on the Better Business Bureau’s website. They were rated a B to my surprise! A “B”?!! Unbelievable. I find it hard to believe that this company actually has treated enough people fairly to earn that B. I find it more plausible that most people don’t have a clue that they have been taken advantage of. I wouldn’t have known it if I didn’t do my research after the service call. I did though, and found out the hard way. I should have done the research, then hired someone. After all, whoever comes out pretty much knows they have you because they are going to charge you for going out there anyway. Who wants to pay for just a diagnosis?

After more research, I’m running out of steam now and ready to wrap this up, the part that the service repairman used was not what he took out of the refrigerator. He removed a run capacitor that runs for $36.25 at Sear Parts Direct online, and a starter that costs $58.42 at Sears Parts Direct. That total came to $94.67 and they were the most expensive that I found. Instead, the repairman installed a device called a Relay Overload Start Capacitor Combination/3 n’ 1 Start made by Supco. I tried contacting Supco via phone and email through their website and have not heard back from them concerning the price of their product. I doubt it retails for over $100.00. After waiting until Monday to contact Supco, I received an email from them stating that they have suppliers and evidently don’t sell direct to the general public. So I called Johnston Supply in Long Beach and gave them the description of the part and the model number RCO410. The price they gave me was $13.00!!

I really hope by posting this letter that I help keep people from making the same mistake that I made.

• Sh
      4th of Jul, 2010

They ripped me off and never fixed my washer. They just kept hitting me up for more money until I gave up.

My washer was not spinning. The repair guy promised he could fix it for $189.00.

When it still didn't work, he wanted another $86.00 to replace a bolt.

It still didn't work. So he said it was the timer and wanted $28.00.

It still didn't work and he hit me up for more money and I told him to forget it.

Sad thing was my washer still did not work and I was out all that money. He ran the credit card transaction each time before doing the work. So he obviously was planning to rip me off.

• Su
      16th of Sep, 2010

These guys are a terrible!!! they put in a new ice make after three service calls trying to fix the icemaker, and finally put in a new Chinese made icemaker in my Subzero, that only lasted 90 days. We called to have them replace under the 1 year warranty, and they said they no longer have a 1 year warranty on those products, and we would have to buy a whole new ice maker. that may be correct that I may need a new icemaker, but I will have a reputable company do the work with Subzero parts that have a 5 year warranty standard.

• To
      28th of Sep, 2010

Complete con artists. I needed someone to install new hinges on my oven door. They sent a 'repairman' who said he'd have to take the door and the hinges I had bought back to their shop. He charged $50 for this. He said they'd call later that day with the estimate for the work. He accidentally left his 'tool kit' at my house. When I picked it up to put it by the door I noticed it was very light for a repairman's bag. Looked inside and there was a roll of tape, a screwdriver and something else. In other words, this guy wasn't a repairman at all, just part of the con. When they didn't call me that day I called them. Got a serious runaround on the phone. Smelled fishy. So I went to their 'shop' and found it wasn't a repair shop at all. Just four indifferent knuckleheads working a phone bank and texting their friends. My guess is they shop the work out to others and pad the bill. DO NOT HIRE THESE GUYS. I took my hinges and the oven door elsewhere and got them installed the next day. The $50 was the price of learning that Airflow Appliance Repair is a con job.

• Je
      29th of May, 2011

I couldn't agree more with the previous posts. We had a problem with our Sub-Zero Freezer and Wine Cooler, and I wish I had read the reviews/complaints against Airflow before scheduling multiple visits. Airflow was consistently late to every scheduled appointment, and we had a total of 5 visits from their technicians. The first technician who repaired our Freezer had been to our home before and to be fair I have to say he was competent and professional. Our Freezer was repaired, although each time they were late for their appointments, and I had to reschedule due to other commitments several times. The first technician could not figure out the problem with the wine cooler, so he suggested having their expert come over to assess the situation. When the expert arrived he diagnosed it as needing Frion and on another trip, told us he had repaired the wine cooler. Within an hour of his departure the cooler started making horrible noises and stopped cooling altogether, so I called Airflow to notify them and they scheduled another visit. The next visit he was once again LATE and I had to leave the house, so I called them to notify them that I had another appointment. During my call to Airflow 20 minutes after their scheduled window time they advised me that the technician was "walking up to our door" and "what did I want them to do?" The manager was not at all apologetic for once again being later than promised ("we were only 20 minutes late"), so I canceled the visit and stopped payment on my check, notifying them that I had done so. Subsequently i hired Box Appliance Service, a factory authorized representative for Sub-Zero, and they took care of the refrigerator without a problem. I strongly advise the public not to use Airflow Appliance, who may be using other names in their advertisements. Last week I received a letter from "Danny Z", General Manager of Airflow, with a strongly worded collection request, so I decided to do a bit of research online to see if there were any complaints against their company. What a treasure trove of complaints! I guess I'm not alone. It's a shame something can't be done about these disreputable businesses.

• Ha
      5th of Aug, 2011

I've been using Airflow for many years now and has always been provided a solid service and repair. Their technicians are always knowledgeable and professional and if a difficult appliance problem presents itself it's always solved. I thought I woul write a few positive words about this great company because it seems like everyone only finds time to complain and take good things that happen to us for granted. Thank you Airflow for always being there for me - late nights, early mornings. Thank you for accomodating my busy schedule and taking care of all my appliances I would not be able to survive without :)