AirBNB / complaint against fraud committed by airbnb website
I Neeraj Singhal r/o of Bhopal would like to inform you that I have booked one apartment in Dubai thru AirBnb website for stay of 6nights during Christmas holidays from 24Dec’16 to 30Dec’16 for myself & my friends.
When I booked thru website it asked me to contact the host person to confirm the booking, so I sent a mail to the person and requested for booking. I got reply from them and they asked all details about travel dates, number of persons, arrival & departure details & no of keys required. I provided all the details & the host confirmed the reservation.
Later on I got a confirmation mail with bank details to transfer the money to their bank account with a promise that the money is 100% refundable & will be transferred to host only after I check-in and send a message that all is okay with me.
I transferred the payment to the bank a/c given by them & asked them to provide me the details of contact person & accommodation. But to my dismay they stopped responding to my emails & when I contacted Airbnb one guy responded saying that a fraud has been committed against you.
Since then I have not received any information or reply from Airbnb despite various reminders & even today when I contacted them they said that it’s a scam.
Thus I have no option left but to file a complaint with your department. To help me recover my money from Airbnb as the fraud has been committed by their website. All the communications & confirmations are attached herewith for your reference and necessary action.
Kindly register a complaint & do the needful to get me Justice.
More AirBNB Complaints & Reviews
- AirBNB - airbnb - the online platform for cheating host 
- Airbnb.com - do not deal with this sleazy company 
- Airbnb.com - I was never aware that the site charges you a fee 
- AirBNB - a platform for cheaters
- Airbnb.com - bad website design 
- AirBNB - lack of refund
- AirBNB - unethical behaviour
- AirBNB - cancellation and refund
- Airbnb.com - I would not use airbnb again as my experience is that the pictures and reviews are not accurate, highly misleading
- [Resolved] AirBNB - rent