AirBNB / complaint against fraud committed by airbnb website

bhopal, India

I Neeraj Singhal r/o of Bhopal would like to inform you that I have booked one apartment in Dubai thru AirBnb website for stay of 6nights during Christmas holidays from 24Dec’16 to 30Dec’16 for myself & my friends.

When I booked thru website it asked me to contact the host person to confirm the booking, so I sent a mail to the person and requested for booking. I got reply from them and they asked all details about travel dates, number of persons, arrival & departure details & no of keys required. I provided all the details & the host confirmed the reservation.

Later on I got a confirmation mail with bank details to transfer the money to their bank account with a promise that the money is 100% refundable & will be transferred to host only after I check-in and send a message that all is okay with me.

I transferred the payment to the bank a/c given by them & asked them to provide me the details of contact person & accommodation. But to my dismay they stopped responding to my emails & when I contacted Airbnb one guy responded saying that a fraud has been committed against you.

Since then I have not received any information or reply from Airbnb despite various reminders & even today when I contacted them they said that it’s a scam.

Thus I have no option left but to file a complaint with your department. To help me recover my money from Airbnb as the fraud has been committed by their website. All the communications & confirmations are attached herewith for your reference and necessary action.

Kindly register a complaint & do the needful to get me Justice.

AirBNB