Airasiadenied boarding from kuala lumpur kul to tehran ika on april 19 - unethical behaviour of the crew!!!

Airasia x flight 776
Apr 19-confirmation #jwu3ne
Kuala lumpur kul
7:05 pm
Tehran ika
11:40 pm

I am demanding back aed 2562.17, which I had to pay for another flight that evening (please find attached copy of my new ticket, as well as the original one purchased on february 6).
Air asia crew denied me boarding saying that I need to have about $200 cash with me when transiting in teheren. I had another connecting flight from teheran the next day and was planning to wait on the airport for connecting flight.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in San Francisco, CA the crew said the law had changed 2 days ago! and they decided to apply it while I was getting on the plane, even though I bought my ticket in february when there was no such a law in place. it is entirely wrong and illegal to apply new law to ticket purchased 2 months before. no communication was sent to me from air asia about the new requirements and nobody informed me about any new requirements while checking in for the flight (if so, I may have had a time to withdraw the cash money before the flight). the behavior is absolutely not acceptable and I need refund of the above amount of money immediately. if I don't hear back from air asia within few days this issue will be raised for violation of basic human rights and mistreating be airline crew.
The air asia crew behaviour was unprofessional and unethical, and they left me on the airport with no help or advise what to do next.

Agnieszka mrowka

Airasia
Airasia

• Updated by AgnieszkaMroo, Apr 26, 2017

I posted this on Facebook as well, to spread the word.

• Updated by AgnieszkaMroo, May 14, 2017

The issue still not being solved. Had a chat with AirAsia and the representative told me to fill the same complain board I already did. Then she disconnected the chat. The whole AirAsia is Scam!

Ag
Apr 26, 2017

Comments

• Mi
      Apr 26, 2017

Just have been on the flight with the exact same experience. They told me the same story that "the law has changed two days ago" although already a week after your flight. After running back and forth to currency exchange I could show the USD 200 and was let on the plane in the last minute.
    In Tehran the local AirAsia representative acted in openly corrupt ways, demanding cash from passengers to "help" organize the transfer. He also repeatedly threatened to let passengers get arrested who refused to pay their "fee".

• Ag
      Apr 26, 2017

@Mirko Kiefer WOW! that is totally unacceptable . They openly lie and they think they can get away with that! I will not let this happen.
    They also threatened me if I want to get arrested ! In my case, the ATMs in Kuala Lumpur airport were all broken, so I could not withdraw any money. Later, the 3 of us denied from the plane was told to go to a guy who we should pay cash for the next flight! which was extremely expensive!

• So
      May 02, 2017

@Mirko Kiefer Did anyone who was allowed to board to IKA notice if there was an ATM available to withdraw money to pay for the Visa on Arrival? I read conflicting information. Before the departure I checked and found information that there was, but indeed some sources say that due to financial embargo, Visa/MasterCard did not allow communicating with ATMs there (however, IKA Arrivals/Transit lounge is not, technically, Iran). However, at least I read that Forex had installed ATM at the Airport (https://financialtribune.com/articles/economy-business-and-markets/58514/bank-melli-installs-forex-atm-at-tehran-airport) for people to pay departure tax. I would assume that if that is the case, Iranians would be really happy to let people pay inbound visa fee with ATM as well. If anyone has any first-hand experience on that situation at the Airport (photos eg), that would be very helpful when we write the claim against AirAsia. Based on their varying responses one might very well assume that the situation is not that clear for their either. In any case AirAsia did not handle this properly. They wanted to minimize their risk by dumping three people out, however that will ultimately need to cost them more in compensations, refunds and brand image.

Apr 26, 2017

I was on that flight - or lets say tried to get on! AirAsia did a really catastrophic service. They didn't help us in any way and were rude. They were totally loyal towards this highly corrupt and illegal Iranian scheme ... at this moment i'm talking to my attorney how to get my money back. I am very highly motivated to spread the word about these schemes, in which AirAsia seems to be participating. "Hey it's just 150$!" ... for nothing!

Apr 26, 2017

@Georg Martin I missed my connecting flights and had to pay huge amounts to get to my destination on time to catch my seminars and appointments.

• So
      Apr 30, 2017

@Georg Martin I had the same experience, I guess I was the third one. Had to buy a new ticket for next morning too... For me it seemed like an organized gang or something, operating at the terminal. Later that night, when I returned to the departure area, the security staff let anyone to walk in without checking their stuff. While we were trying to resolve the issue earlier, we were escorted immigration and security checkpoints wrong direction a couple of times and even one of us got stamped out from Malaysia while still in there. Looking for attorney too to file the case against AirAsia to get refunded and compensation.

Apr 26, 2017

Message from a passenger: Had a quite bad transit time there too ... but did not need a transit visa and did not had to pay anything. It simply took them about 6 hours to print the ticket for the next flight, which I had 1 hour later ... We couldn't go anywhere else than sitting in a hall for 6 hours, without beverage or food, because we didn't know when they are coming back to bring back our passports and tickets. Worst airport ever!

• Ag
      May 07, 2017

@Georg Martin Who did not need the visa? Can you tell what date was it? I was flying on April 19, and law supposedly changed 2 days before..