Air Ride Moving & Storage / Broke half of my stuff because of their negligence

Air Ride Moving & Storage
www.airridemoving.com

My complaint with Air Ride Moving and Storage is that they broke half of my stuff because of their negligence. They hire nothing but illegals and people with temporary visas who don't care about your stuff. Air Ride Moving and Storage Inc told me that if they pick my stuff up on August 20th, then it would be delivered on September 1st. They picked up my stuff on the 20th of August and delivered to me on the 7th of September. On their website they show a couple of men who look professional standing on the side of a nice truck with the Air Ride logo. What I got was the opposite... a couple of illegals and a very run down trailer. As soon as I saw that I told them to bring my stuff back and call the whole thing off. The guy who moved my stuff told me that I would still have to pay for the move weather they move me or not. This guy's name is David. He works for a different company then Air Ride. Nobody told me that 3 different moving companies were going to move me from California to Idaho. I got into an argument with the movers because they were throwing my stuff around like it was garbage. I told them to be careful with the tv because they were most neglectful with it. They totally damaged my lcd tv beyond repair, damaged my 2 book shelves and broke several pieces of my good imported plates and wine glasses. I believe that David broke the tv because of the argument that we had about it. He knew that I would get only 60 cents per pound for it.

Va

Comments

• Je
      14th of Nov, 2007
    Air Ride Moving & Storage - Scam
    www.airridemoving.com

made the worst mistake of my entire life by hiring the most unprofessional, lazy, and criminal organization known as Air Ride Moving & Storage. I was suckered in by an 890.00 quote to move 200 cubic feet of goods and had a 250 dollar increase in price. I moved a studio apartment that could not have added up to 250 cubic feet. After they picked up my stuff and loaded it on to their truck, they told me that I had 250 cubic feet of goods...without even measuring anything. I had no choice but to agree because they told me that they would not refund my deposit. The unprofessionals that they hire to load and unload my goods were rough with everything. I told them to be careful and they looked at me like they didn't care. My stuff was picked up on August 20th and was supposed to be delivered on the 1st of September, like I was promised. September 1st came, and I hadn't received my stuff. When I called them to find out what was going on, I was told that they don't know when they will deliver. Finally, I got my delivery on September 4th, without notice, and had to watch the unprofessional movers be even rougher with my stuff. They threw all my stuff down in a hurry and took off. After opening the boxes, I noticed many broken items, including an lcd tv and my beds box spring. When I called them, they sent me a claim form to fill out. I filled it out and sent it and when I call for an update on the status, I am told that I have the wrong number. I contacted the Better Business Bureau and when they try to get a hold of Air Ride Moving, Air Ride tells them that they refuse to comment on my complaint. This company has many of the same complaints on Dot.gov and the BBB.com sites. I believe that they should be investigated.

• Ti
      13th of Jul, 2008

My name is T. Armstrong. I used Air Ride Moving & Storage also. Last June I requested that they move my things from CA to TX. I too delt with David, who dosen't even work under "Air Ride". Soon after he arrived, two other men from a local temp agency showed up - late. David told me I had a lot more things than orginally indicated. I told him that I called the company's office two days before my ship date to give an updated inventory list. They"the office" told me not to worry. After loading my things, they quoted me an outrageous amount. The only furniture was a twin size captains bed, a small breakfast table and hutch, 2 bikes, and boxes. I told him that I wanted to untilize the 1 month free storage, and would call them in a week to give a ship date, as I did not know how long it would take me to get to TX and find storage, etc. To make a long story short, in a week I got a call asking where they wanted me to deliver my things. I told them that they were not supposed to ship my things until I called them with a ship date. David said I owed them $5, 000 or they would sell my things - after he began to curse and yell at me. To make the story worse, I have yet to regain my things. They said that my items were the property of the company and until I paid the amount I would not get my items back. I don't even know where my belongings are. David told me they were somewher in Houston. Very deperate I began to make installment payments to them. After paying $1, 500 I asked for an invoice to itemize their costs. They refused. They give me the run-a-round when I call. It's been a year. I don't have my things back - my grandmother's heirlooms, my only daughter's baby pictures, and other sentimental items. DON'T USE AIR RIDE MOVING & STORAGE!!! If anyone has any ideas how to help please contact me at new2hou73@yahoo.com