Air-n-Water / bad service

United States Review updated:
Jan. 20th 2009
Do not do business with this company. Air-N-Water in Santa Ana, CA is a rip off artist. The web page they have tries to show them as professionals - they are NOT!!! The customer service after you purchase your item is completely non-existent. Once they have the sale, they do not care about the customer, and that's the worst thing you can do in an economy like this.
Here's my story...
Dec. 19th 2008 I placed an order for a 65lbs heater - they state they usually ship everything out in 3 business days - I think that part could be true. Days go by, now weeks, no response from Air n Water. I contact FedEx on Jan.5th to find out that they lost the package. They have NO idea where it is - this is a huge 65lbs heater, how do they lose that?!?!?! They tell me they will contact the shipper and get everything started on their end to issue a refund to them. FedEx tells me the shipper will contact me by Tues Jan. 13th at the latest to either refund my money or send me out a new one. Jan.14 no one calls - I send 3 emails over the next few days, no one responds. Jan.20th I decide to call Air n Water and see what they have to say. I don't say anything about how I have already contacted FedEx and they would have paid them out already - I just want to see what the Customer Service Rep says. Then the run around stories begin... she tells me they need to contact FedEx - I told her FedEx has already started the lost package process on there end and Air N Water should have already received the payment from FedEx for losing the package. Then she tells me, after I was on hold she ordered a new one from the manufacture and it will be sent out...but she doesn’t know when. So now I'm a little pissed because she's giving me attitude when I caught her in a lie about where the package was. So I tell her to go ahead and forget the heater, "I want a refund" - as soon as I say this she puts me on hold and after a few minutes, she states it will be a few days before they can issue a refund. I ask why? She tells me the manufacture needs to stop the transaction for sending out another unit. I tell her this is not my problem, this is her problem and her company needs to issue me a refund for not receiving the item. Now she stops talking on the phone, she won't respond, just silence. So I told her fine, when will I see the refund? She just mumbles..."in a few days". What!?!?!?! I can't believe her, I ask to talk to someone else and she just hangs up.

This is a copy of the email I sent to the company - they still have not responded.

I placed an order with you people and some how a 65lbs package just goes missing - gone! Now I ask for help from your customer service dept, and all I get is BS and attitude, so I say refund of my money and Urelly Garcia gives me the run around, how I must wait even longer to get a refund!!! Order was shipped out on the on Dec. 22nd. - it's Jan 20th, that's 30 days ago!!! Come on people!!! I had to track this package down with FedEx and deal with those jack-O's to only find out that they lost the package - Now I must wait for a refund because your customer service rep doesn’t know how to do her job and satisfy the customer. I would have gladly kept my order if there was a little more compassion from your team, but hell NO - she only pissed me off and had me change my mind to return it. You guys need to get BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! This is the worst sale I have ever had to experience with you guys. I have placed several different orders over the years and have always been treated with respect - Your Customer Service rep should have dropped all shipping charges and only charged me for my item and sent it out. - BUT NO!!! She got all pissy on the phone telling me it's not her fault for losing my package - no ###! It's FedEx's problem for losing my package, but you should be helping me to keep a customer, instead she voiced her opinion that "it's not my problem sir" - ### that lady. She should be fired. You have lost a customer for LIFE; and I am going to build a webpage that mirrors www.air-n-water.com and let everyone know to NEVER do business with you people. If that's the kind of customer service "I" get for a package being lost, I can only imagine what happens when you send out defective items.
Good day to you people, and good luck keeping business, I'm going to make it my hobby to tell the WWW how crappy your customer service is.

N  14th of Sep, 2006 by

Air-n-Water - No issue refunds

In June I purchased an attic exhaust fan Dayton 7F67 from Air-n-Water, 17335 Mt. Wynne Circle, Fountain Valley, CA 92708. On June 6 Air-n-Water sent me instead attic exhaust fan, model Dayton C713. Although Air-n-Water’s added packing slip showed the model number I had ordered, the manufacturer’s model number on the box and on the fan itself was different. The two different model numbers coincided with descriptions and photographs of two different models on Air-n-Water’s own web site. The one that I had received lacked the features and size I desired and ordered. When I called to complain and ask for redress, however, Customer Service immediately argued that I had actually received the right fan (or as good as) and that the company had made no error, despite the clear evidence to the contrary. This approach was not a fluke but a considered one, because different employees took this same tack each time I called. When I insisted on sending this incorrect item back, I learned that I had mistakenly been content to accept their boast on their introductory website that they were “fanatic” about customer satisfaction and promised a “fair and friendly” acceptance of returns. Instead I learned from Customer Service that it was company policy never to issue refunds for either initial or return shipping even in the case of company error, and to charge a 15% restocking fee on any return whatsoever. Nevertheless I followed their instructions for obtaining a Return Merchandise Authorization. Although their website promised to give me the required authorization within two days I heard nothing for nearly a week. Finally I called again. This time I managed to persuade a clearly reluctant Customer Service to grant me the authorization but only after being left on hold for half an hour and having a Customer Service representative hang up on me without warning. Instead of apologizing or attempting to be gracious Customer Service was rude and arrogant throughout. Clearly the policy of Air-n-Water is that the customer is always wrong. When the refund finally came I learned that I had lost over $86 in shipping and restocking fees because of their company’s error. I would never again deal with this company under any circumstances.
N  6th of Nov, 2007 by

Air-n-Water - fan return

I began the "return game" in the middle of September. It is now November, and I have sent 2 emails, applied for a return code, and placed 2 calls.
"They are backed up" is the best answer I've gotten. Now that I've read this, I'm getting worried...

Air & Water Logo Air & Water