Air Jamaica Airlines / Lost baggage

Queens Village
Phone: 718 244 4444
Air Jamaica is suppose to be the best airlines when flying to the Caribbean and I find that they are very unreliable, unmannerly and very disrespectful. Upon check in, I was told i was over weight with one bag which was 58lbs. I transferred my belongings from one bag to the next. I return to the representative and the same bag that I overweight that I took stuff out of went from 58lbs to 61Lbs. I went back for the second time and transferred more things out of the overweight suitcase but this time i went to another representative which was just as rude as the first one. She asked me to put the bag on the scale and give her my passport, which I did. I found something was strange. When i give her my passport she had to call to verify if I was on the flight or not but the first representative didn't do that. At this time I’m getting very upset. The service is poor, and the representatives were nasty. After putting the tags on the bags, I then had to take then to the bag area where they scam them. I left the bags there and left (everyone was doing that).

The plane landed in Barbados at 7 07am. I went through all the procedures I had too before going to get my bags. I stood there waiting and looking for my bags but only saw one. At this time, there is only one bag on the belt and it is not mine. I saw a representative at the airport and I told her what happen, she went downstairs to the luggage dept to see if it was there and there were no more bags from air Jamaica. I waited for about and hour to fill out the lost luggage claim and they say they would call me if they hear anything. As of right now nothing

I called Air Jamaica in New York (Jfk) but no answer. I even have my family calling and still nothing. I’m calling here in Barbados and they haven’t heard from Air Jamaica in nyc. My clothes, personal hygienic things, shoes, undergarment, medication, jewelry, beloved grandma antiques, cell phone and camera charger are in that suitcase and still no word from Air Jamaica. I even went to Air Jamaica track baggage delay to see if i can locate my bag, they ask for the tag number. When i did enter it, it says "Sorry, there were no baggage records found for this tag number. Please check the baggage tag number on your ticket stub", and that was for the missing bag. I also enter the tagged number for the bag that I received and I received the same message. I don't know what to do. My vacation is ruin, I'm confine to the house, its stressful and I'm depressed. It seems as though Air Jamaica representative don’t care and something has to be done.

Reading and researching I came across a lot of complaints from passengers about the service on air Jamaica but there’s nothing happening. They should be investigated. I'm planning to sue them for a numbers of reasons if my luggage is not found

A  18th of Apr, 2009 by
i was on that same flight they lost everthing i had an now i have no clothes but what i came back to new york with i will never fly with them again
N  11th of Jun, 2009 by
I traveld to Montego Bay on June 5th 2009 for my birthday and to my surprise they lost my luggage! I filed the report and did the due dilligence and went to my hotel. I told the Hotel the story of what happened and they even had a department dedicated to call the airline and claim the luggage. Apparently this happens all the time. That alone scared me and I knew something bad was gonna happen. The next day aroun 4pm the hotel received my bag. I checked it and they stole my video camera, camera, a check from the IRS (long story of why I had it there) and some other valuables. I complained to the airline, the hotel, even the police but it seems like it's no one's fault. I would never check in a bag in this airline again..I dont think I'll go back Jamaica ever but just in case. They should pay more attention to his employees because this"delayed bag" issue seems to be getting out of hand and being done on purpose.