Air India / rude
I am not sure why Air India always provides the worst customer service to its clients. I think all of us should boycott Air India. that is the only way AI will learn its lessons on customer service!!
I bought an Air India 'open' ticket to the US and paid extra for the ticket. Now, I want to reserve a return ticket to India, Air India is not able to help me with my reservation.
I have called three times and each time a person comes on line (the first time, the customer service rep hung up on me). The second time, he asked me to call back saying that he could not book me on Continental from Indianapolis to Newark. The third time, the customer service rep asked me to call Continental myself and confirm my own tickets!!
I would like to know, why does AI take bookings that they cannot handle? Why are customer service reps so rude?? Not one thank you or sorry. They talk as if, the customer should do their work and book their own tickets (after taking money from them).
Why does AI treat customers like ### when they cannot even make a reservation??
The person I now spoke to, his name was Abhishek. I also spoke to Farshad who is supposedly the duty manager; and then a lady, XXX Thomas who was the person who hung up on me.
Abhishek asked me why I got an Open ticket when I should have got a reservation in India. I asked him, why would a person pay extra and buy an open ticket?? If I knew when I was going to return, of course I would have bought an closed ticket. When I am not sure when I am going to return, a passenger will buy an open ticket. (Rocket science??)
Abhishek very politely said he cannot help me. I wonder why he calls himself a customer service rep if he cannot help a customer in booking a ticket??
I have spend hours on the phone with AI, and i still do not have tickets to India!!
Please if you are planning on flying AI, please think again. You are better off, paying a couple of hundred dollars more and flying British Airways or Luftahnsa!!
More Air India Complaints & Reviews
- Air India - lost baggage and incompetent service 
- Air India - compensation problem 
- Air India - stolen items from checked baggage 
- Air India - ltc - 80 fare
- Air India - poor customer service, missed flights 
- Air India - bad service provided and did not allow to travel even 40 minutes left of departure time
- Air India - compensation for delayed flight 
- Air India - non refund of ticket charges for the leg of journey for which the flight was cancelled by air india
- Air India - refusal of in-flight service and rude behaviour by flight attendant
- Air India - flying returns : anand p prakash : membership # 132043265