Air India / complaint of issuance of ticketing and racist behavior (surat)

Delhi, India, United States

I am an American (Black) traveling in India for 21 days. I am a Star Aliamce Gold member as well. I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Surat for several days and had them complete a drop-off at the airport at 6:10am for a 7:45am flight to Hyderabad via Delhi. My colleague and I had several flights throughout India and had decided to forego one leg of the flight since the drive was only 2-hours. Because of this lapse in journey, Air India systems will not allow a person to continue on with the rest of their travel. This is so unlike the US where a missed flight is your money given as a credit automatically. So your manager tried to explain this occurrence. No problem, but I was over in luggage weight of 13 kg. Your counter lady kept accepting passengers instead of correctly helping us and cheated me for 33kg and since there is no cross training in this country, she didn't know how to refund the charge. Needless to say, the manager came and corrected the charge. Also, because we are dark-skinned American which seems to be class issue in India, we were locked out of the system and our ticket and luggage had to be hand-written. This counter lady was the worst and cause a 20 minute delay in the flight leaving. In Hyderabad, there is a red-line places on the floor stating that customers must wait their turn. This is by far he most disrespectful process to allow people to walk to the counter if others arrive on time and wait their turn to conduct business. Since this was for corporate travel, I will be recommending IndiGo to the company.

Cl