Air India / charged for emergency seat but not alloted
Me, my husband and my 16 month old son were travelling from JFK airport to New Delhi on 29th May 2018, via Air India flight number- AI 102. We had reserved a bassinet seat for my son, and had booked an Emergency seat close to bassinet seat. Air India had charged us $50 for Emergency seat and had confirmed our reservation.
But when we boarded the flight, we were allotted some other seats, not bassinet and Emergency seats. On asking about it, the flight staff told us that although they had received the money, but had not reserved our seats and they allotted those seats to other passengers, who had already occupied our seats.
With no other option left, they allotted us an empty set of 3 seats as a compensation. We did not get the bassinet seat either! Since those seats were anyways going empty, they were at no loss; but we, having already paid for our seats, neither got comfortable seats, nor did we get back our money for Air India.
We would like Air India to return the amount they charged us, ie., $50.
More Air India Complaints & Reviews
- Air India - lost baggage and incompetent service 
- Air India - compensation problem 
- Air India - stolen items from checked baggage 
- Air India - ltc - 80 fare
- Air India - poor customer service, missed flights 
- Air India - bad service provided and did not allow to travel even 40 minutes left of departure time
- Air India - compensation for delayed flight 
- Air India - non refund of ticket charges for the leg of journey for which the flight was cancelled by air india
- Air India - refusal of in-flight service and rude behaviour by flight attendant
- Air India - flying returns : anand p prakash : membership # 132043265