Air France / Flying and lying

If you're going to fly Air France, remember to bring a hidden tape recorder. That's because many of the promises you hear won't be honored.

I can only point to my own experiences as an example. On a recent flight from Pisa, Italy, to New York with a connection in Paris, the first lie was told in Pisa. The Pisa Paris flight was late, and both my family and some other Italians making the same connection feared missing it.

"Don't worry," said the agent at check in. When you arrive in Paris, there will be an Air France agent waiting for you as you debark, and a special minibus will take all of you to the waiting flight to New York." Wow. Three lies in one sentence. Needless to say, no agent was waiting, there was no special minibus, and the New York flight did not wait. I told the agent I was a type one diabetic, and that surprises tended to create problems. She assured me that a special message would be sent to Paris just for me. Another lie.

The plane hovered around a lot before landing, eating up another forty five minutes. As we disembarked, an Italian couple joined us in the race to the gate when we found no one there to help us, and no minibus. My wife, who has never traveled alone, was stressed looking after our two toddlers, and this couple became very helpful. After nearly another half an hour of brisk exercise, we arrived at a customer service desk. Feeling faint, I stressed to the agent that I could be in big trouble with the diabetes, and using a portable meter, measured a drop of blood in front of him. Seeing 45, when normal lower limits are 80, I employed him to call me emergency medical services. "When we finish re-booking the rest of these passengers," he said. My new Italian friends rolled their eyes, and said to me in Italian, "this is criminal...".

In fact, in Europe, refusing aid to someone who needs it, is. But one of the things that happens to some diabetics in crisis, like me, is a sort of apathy. I simply didn't care. Twenty or so minutes later, as I began to see colors, and the voices around me started to develop hollow echos, I began to panic. I begged him to call emergency medical aid a second time, and stressed to him that it really was an emergency. My slurred speech may have had some effect, but all he called was a wheelchair attendant, who sped me through the checkers, thankfully after grabbing me a sandwich at a fast food place, and onto the plane with a special elevator truck. Although I managed to eat the food, I still only came back to my senses after the plane was in the air. My wife and children were next to me, in tears.

Customer relations, aside from being only accessible by mail, informed me that they would investigate. Subsequently, they contacted me to say that as a result of their inquiry, they'd found that the agent at the customer service desk had suggested to me that he call emergency medical services, and I'd refused. The wheelchair attendant had asked me if I wanted to be seen by a doctor, and that also then, I'd refused help.

The Italian couple stayed by my side until we passed them in line waiting to be checked, because of the privilege afforded by a wheelchair, and saw and heard everything. They have promised to testify to the refusal of aid. It is only through this unexpected stroke of luck that I have a prayer of demonstrating the truth to the civil aviation authorities investigating this matter. Otherwise, as Air France probably knows through extensive experience (visible on the web, search Air France Complaints), it would have been just my word against theirs.

Va

Comments

• Va
      16th of May, 2008
    Air France - Bumpy ride
    Air France

My wife and I traveled on Air France flight 033 on Wednesday, April 9, 2017, from Houston, TX, to Paris, France. In all of my years of flying (40+), this was the rudeness, inconsiderate flight crew I have ever encountered. My wife is a diabetic, and special meals were requested prior to the flight. The flight period through the evening meal was all right; but after that, things degraded. We encountered turbulent, and the seat belt sign was turned on. After twenty minutes, my wife needed to go to the lavatory due to medicine she is taking. She was getting out of her seat when an attendant approached and in a rude and threatening manner, demanded that she sit back down. The flight was no longer in turbulent weather, other passengers had gone to the lavatory during this time, and a passenger returning from the lavatory bumped into the attendant as she continued to scold my wife (the seat belt sign was very shortly turned off). Other passengers around us remarked how rude the attendant had been. Later during the flight, an attendant was reclining in the passageway between aisles reading a book. Passengers remarked they were unable to travel between aisles because of the attendant. All the other attendants had disappeared into the back of the plane. Another major encounter was the diabetic breakfast that was served my wife. It was the same breakfast that everyone else received even though it was marked as a diabetic meal. The sugar contents of the meal exceeded one hundred grams (deadly). My wife as unable to eat anything, and an attendant found her a left over piece of bread for breakfast. Items on my tray and others trays were outdated.

• Su
      21st of Jun, 2008
    Air France - Negligence in baggage handling
    India
    www.airfrance.com

I have traveled on Air France yesterday June 20th from Helsinki-Paris-Bangalore. Upon arrival at Bangalore I did not receive my baggage. I filed the complaint, but was NOT given the complaint number and was told that Air France would get back to me by afternoon of 21st June with the numbers and the baggage will be delivered to me by Sunday 22nd June 2017.

I have the similar experience with Air France when I was traveling to Helsinki on March 01 2017 and i received my baggage BROKEN and delayed by hours. I strongly protest the irresponsible behavior of to Air France and would advise. I need urgent explanation on the why was I not briefed today about the status of my baggage.

I feel its my duty to bring this behavior of Air France to the notice of my employer Accenture Services (for whom Air France has been the preferred air lines) and as well as advise all the prospective travelers not to use Air France for their trips.

One additional note: I have been trying to call the Bangalore baggage assistance numbers for further help, but to no use, my calls are not answered even once.

I am filing the complaint with the complaintsboard and consumer courts, state of Karnataka.

Regards,
    Sudhir Mathane.

• Ra
      13th of Jul, 2008

What do you expect from friggin foreigners and their companies. That's why I only fly Delta and American carriers. Much of the world is so jealous of America and our superiority and I won't allow some incompetent inferior countries to ruin my day.

Fly America and stay in America's borders and all will be good.

• Ro
      13th of Jan, 2009
    Air France - Cancelled Flight & Rude Service
    Pennsylvania

This is a complaint regarding flight #: 5, on the date of August 11th, 2017, departing JFK at 1AM, arriving Paris Charles de Gaulle at 2:10PM. This flight, as tardy as it was scheduled, was cancelled at the last minute, after everyone was already on board. The situation was handled with complete unprofessionalism. After we debarked none of the attendants at the airport knew what was going on or helped make any arrangements for the passenger’s next flights. Eventually, after about two hours of confusion (mind you this is 3AM by now) an Air France employee went to the check in counter and started telling the passengers that they were going to be put at a hotel and put on a flight out the next evening – after a 17 hour delay!!! No one was asked if this was interfering with our plans, and no one knew if there were other flights we could take that would leave earlier.

Such was the situation that I was en route to my OWN wedding together with my fiancé, and not only under a lot of stress, but also under a very tight schedule. Needless to say that all our appointments we had scheduled for the following day had to be cancelled and some of them could not be rescheduled, such as the tasting of the menu which was going to be served at OUR WEDDING!! Everything we had carefully planned was irremediably delayed, while my fiancé and I were under tremendous amounts of stress trying to schedule and reschedule the mess created. No one at Air France offered a single apology when our flight was cancelled or the next day on the second flight. On the contrary, the crew of the flight we finally took the next day, flight #: 017 was extremely unwelcoming and rude and intentionally ignored us if we had a question or needed something!

Also, while at the airport trying to understand what was going on and if we had other alternatives that would bring us to our destination earlier, we tried to find an Air France customer service desk – needless to say, that was impossible. An Air France employee gave us brochures which we could mail to Air France customer service, however to this day we did not receive a response.

It was the most awfull experience, and although i knew Air France sandards were low, i didn;t expect them to have become this bad. The week of the flight was absolutely awfull, my fiance and I worked on fumes all week constantly tryng to catch up on our appointments and everything else we had to get done, and wasting a whole day and night at an airport derailed us completely.

• Qu
      24th of Feb, 2009
    Air France - Treats paying customers as if they have no rights
    Air France

This is a complaint regarding flight #: 5, on the date of August 11th, 2017, departing JFK at 1AM, arriving Paris Charles de Gaulle at 2:10PM. This flight, as tardy as it was scheduled, was cancelled at the last minute, after everyone was already on board. The situation was handled with complete unprofessionalism. After we debarked none of the attendants at the airport knew what was going on or helped make any arrangements for the passenger�s next flights. Eventually, after about two hours of confusion (mind you this is 3AM by now) an Air France employee went to the check in counter and started telling the passengers that they were going to be put at a hotel and put on a flight out the next evening � after a 17 hour delay!!! No one was asked if this was interfering with our plans, and no one knew if there were other flights we could take that would leave earlier.

Also, while at the airport trying to understand what was going on and if we had other alternatives that would bring us to our destination earlier, we tried to find an Air France customer service desk � needless to say, that was impossible. An Air France employee gave us brochures which we could mail to Air France customer service, however to this day we did not receive a response.

• Ni
      2nd of Apr, 2009
    Air France - Intollerable Service
    nicky scanni
    nickyscanni.com

Dear Pierre-Henri Gourgeon,

I usually write to C.E.O.s but never for these kinds of episodes; however even if it involves serious issues, I believe not to underestimate it as you may also find this story more and more entertaining while proceeding with the reading.

My line of work, as showed later in this document, makes me travel constantly all over but especially from Europe to U.S.A. where I am a legal resident alien and back. In fact I will fly to Miami again on May 2nd 2017.

Many times I have used your airline and I have always had a wonderful experiences. In fact I was especially impressed during the Paris-Miami we took approximately 2 weeks ago and for which I have highly spoken with my long time business partner Stephan Melville as soon as I met him in our Hotel in Miami.

However, I regret to inform you that this time I was not content about Air France’s service.

I was flying your AF 095 on March 31st from Miami to Paris accompanied by a friend sitting next to me on the economic seat 25E and F when, while standing near the bathroom I have noted that the flight attendant made sure that the customer seated right in front of me received the ear peace set wasting unusual time and then even wake him up in order to deliver it. I have found that inopportune for the poor gentleman sleeping.

- However when I came back from the rest room my friend tells me that she had not received her set with the sleeping pad needed for the night. I told her not to worry as I asked an attendant that right away gave me one.

- Later, I realized that I might have needed myself one of those pads and I have asked another male attendant with Chinese origins which happened to be the one that woke up the gentleman in front of me. The attendant kindly assured me that it will be delivered immediately, but it did not happen.

- Minutes later while serving the refreshments the same attendant forgives to give us the snacks.

- Later more forgives to give us the French bred. We kindly asked another attendant from the other side who promptly requires his attention as he right after serves us the bred.

- Between these events for 2-3 times he come to me to ask me if I still needed the set with the pads for the night and I always answered yes, but still nothing.

- When he did not retrieve our trays after dinner I went to calmly report everything to the supervisor.

I have also told him that I would have reported the events to Air France. I have apologized to have raised my voice to a female’s attendant that was only asking who have placed the trays on the floor and also for the security hazard I created placing them on the floor. She also kindly removed them.

The supervisor, surprised by the treatment I was receiving from what he believes to be his best flight attendant but also busy because of other video issues he was trying to resolve already, still managed to recall his assistant and made him apologize to me for the episode finally (after 4 times) delivering the set I was missing.

The supervisor would have been almost perfect if he did not ask me to include the discomfort caused by the Video problems in this letter to you (I was working with my laptop and I did not even noticed the problem) and if he did not tell me “Don’t be Paranoid” which I believe it was an offensive statement considering the undisputable facts we had to live with in this flight and after considering that we have found our luggage in the condition showed in the following picture.

I look forward to receiving a form of acknowledgment from Air France about this issue, which will avoid any media involvement.

Best Regards

Nicola Scanni

• Su
      16th of May, 2009
    Air France - Poor service and lies
    France

Having flown Air france via paris to Verona we had no complaints other than the ridiculous transfer at Paris airport - having to go from T2G to T2E only to be bussed back to Tg to get the plane. Coming back the flight at Verona was late and we managed to get to the gate as the bus was going out. The rep. told us there was not another flight that night and we would be put on the first flight the next morning. I explained for medical reasons I needed my suitcase as it contained pills i needed. She first told me it wasn't possible but after an hour on the telephone told us that if we went down to the baggage recaim a rep. would meet us there with our cases. She gave us our hotel voucher and told us to show it to the bus driver. When we got down to baggage reclaim there was no-one there so we went into the Airfrance cubicle. The lady there was the one the original one had been talking to and did not know anything about our cases. She was at first quite rude but one and a half hours later we managed to get our cases. Took them to the bus showed our hotel voucher to the driver who took us to The Campanile hotel - not the right one!!! We had to get a taxi to the right one (23euros) later. We arrived at the correct hotel which was filthy! The carpets were stained, the curtains were hanging off and the shower curtain was brown at the bottom. Never again will I fly Air France!!!

• Mr
      17th of Jun, 2009
    Air France - cancelled flight, lies, in human service
    Paris

On the fourth of June I flew Manchester Paris - Moscow. The flight was booked in advance with contact number and email submitted.
    Departure from Manchester was 15.30 with an 18.00 connection in Paris. Like most people, I do not live next door to the airport and left home two hours before take off.
    On arrival in Paris, I discovered that the Moscow sector was cancelled. Customer service informed me that the aircraft was 'technical'. I queried when they had discovered this and was told only one hour ago.
    I was told they had booked me on an aeroflot flight leaving six hours later.
    I was then told to go down a corridor where there was a lounge I could use.
    I am a member of Priority Pass. Six hours in the executive lounges is a pain but tolerable.
    On arrival at the Lounge, I was told this was for Air France Business and First Passengers only and that
    I could not get to the Priority Pass lounge as this was on the other side of the customs/immmigration barrier in another terminal.
    Nor could I leave the airport I was told to check into an hotel for the time.
    I was given a voucher for a drink and a pastry.
    There were no cash machines in the terminal and the American express desk was closed.
    I didn't want a pastry so just took a bottle of sparkling water.
    Apparently not. My voucher, I was rudely informed, covered me for only one tiny bottle of still water for the six hours.
    I asked Air France to help, the supervisor couldn't be bothered to come down. NOthing could be done. I stated clearly that I wanted nothing giving to me just the right to comfort and the access to water and food.
    Nothing.
    Six hours later, tired, heartbroken and having been treat in an in human manner - I boarded aeroflot to Moscow.
    On arrival home I found an answering machine message left at 5.18 two hours after take off from Manchester stating that my flight had been changed and I should go later.
    There is a world recession, airlines are competing for business - Air France do not have the right to any business.
    A customer is one who comes back - I would advise anyone travelling to avoid Air France at all costs because - they really do not care about you.

• Bi
      18th of Jun, 2009

Your minor inconvenience of not getting any sparkling water is the least or Air France's worry. They're still fishing body parts out of the Atlantic.

You should thank your blessings they cancelled that flight due to technical issues; there's several families that wish flight 477 would have been cancelled too.

• Bt
      17th of Jul, 2009
    Air France - bought a ticket but could not fly
    Pittsburgh
    Pennsylvania

I made a special trip to Heathrow to change my flight home to an earlier one. At the Air France counter I paid $250 to change the ticket. When I returned a few days later for the flight, I could not get a boarding pass from the computer so I went back to the counter. There I was told that I had been issued a paper, not an electronic, ticket, and that I "must have lost it." I said I had NOT been issued a paper ticket, only give a piece of paper with flight info and reservation numbers...much like the one I had received from my travel agent when I bought the original flight. The agents replied that their fellow agent was reliable, he would have given me a paper ticket. Two of the agents were aggressive and unpleasant about this; the other, an Englishwoman, was more sympathetic. By the same logic, I could argue that I am an experienced traveler who has lived abroad and made frequent trips to Europe and that I am very careful with my travel materials, carrying them all--hotel reservations, flight schedules, etc.--in a single bright transparent plastic envelope. Still, they wouldn't let me on the plane and I had to buy a new ticket home, at more than $1000, although from another airline.

• Ap
      6th of Aug, 2009
    Air France - Treatment of customers

My parents, my mother being seventy one and my father being seventy six and suffering from Parkinsons disease quite badly were booked to fly from Narita in Tokyo to Manchester England via Paris France.
    The flight time was 10:30 a.m. with the checkout closing at 9.30, unfortunately due to very heavy traffic and finding a way to wheel my father around Narita to the checkout counter meant that we arrived twenty five minutes after the checkout had closed, I completely understand that such companies have to run to tight scheduales but the treatment we received when we finally arrived at the checkout counter was totally idiotic to say the least, even though the check in counter had closed the flight was still in the process of boarding, as there was at least another thirty minutes before take off, absolutely no effort was made to try and get my parents to the plane before take off, I would like to add that I had completed internet check in twenty four hours before and so there would be no need to go through the check in procedure, the response from the staff was basically this, the check in is closed and you will now have to buy new flights, even if this was the case the way that we were told this with absolute no care or respect for our situation especially with my father being so ill and needed to be back in England for doctors visits. The only thing the staff seem to be bothered about was making more money by selling us more seats and having no thought or care to my parents situation. In my opinion, they had every opportunity and time to rush through my parents so that they could make their flight, but straight no from the off was all we got combined with give us another two thousand pound and we will fit you on the next flight.
    I would like to add that yes, the tickets were non transfereable or refundable but if this company are quite willing to leave a sick man stranded with no money to pay for an extra flight and with zero concern for his situation then the whole event is an absolute disgrace.

My parents have now had to stay on with me for another four days causing considerable stress on both my parents as they needed to be back in England due to their health.
    Two seats have now been booked for Sunday the 9th of August with B.A. at a cost of well over one thousand pounds, money which my father needs for for his hospital treatment and medication.

• Rk
      29th of Nov, 2009
    Air France - One simple suggestion & Just Avoid Air France !!!&
    Air France

One simple suggestion " Just Avoid Air France !!!"
    I have been making international travels quite a number of times by a number of Airlines in last 6 years. But AirFrance is the first horrible experience.
    I will try to be short. They had overbooked the flight we (myself & my wife) were supposed to fly. That was a connecting flight on my way to India from USA. Even though we turned up in time at the counter, the lady(Mokdad Borka) at the counter told clearly, "The flight was overbooked & you are late !!" I just couldn't believe it, whats the point of making the reservation if its "first come first serve" ??!!.After arguing and reasoning with this lady and her supervisor ( Mr Salil Mustapha), I realized there is no point since they had already sold my ticket to someone else. And since their evening flight was not fully booked, they pushed me down to the evening flight. This trick they have played on many other co-passengers. And we had to wait for another 8 hours, inside the airport. It was very pain full perticularly for my wife as she has gastro issues.
    Once I return to USA, after my vacation is over, I am going to take my Lawer's help to see what options I have to sue Air France.
    But I am sure no one wants to get into all these. So one simple way is to "AVOID AIR FRANCE". The AirFrance people really "DON'T CARE ABOUT THE PASSENGERS". They don't even care to pretend they care. I have never seen such "RUDE" staffs in "any" other airlines.

• Th
      30th of Nov, 2009
    Air France - frequent flyer scam
    Philippe
    Texas

Air France had this attarctive offer of triple miles in November 2017.

What they do not tell you (even if you ask) is that they divide real miles by 4 before applying
    a 3 multiplier.

Do not get lured!!!

Both telephone and email services are equally pathetic. You would get more signs
    of intelligence from a computer.

• Hu
      10th of Dec, 2009
    Air France - Not care for passengers health
    AİR FRANCE
    Turkey

TO THE ATTENTION OF ALL AIR FRANCE CUSTOMERS
    This is a short story narrating how much AIR FRANCE cares for their customers:
    I became diabetic after my by pass operation and from that time on I have been very careful about my eating habbits accordingly. When planning my trip İstanbul-Habana-İstanbul flight with Air France Business Class, I specifially filed a request for a diabetic menu to ensure good health. Every thing went smoothly between İstanbul – Paris and Paris – Habana flights where I was served diabaetic meals as per my request. However, on my way back, during the flight on 08.01.2017, I was served, a ‘’special meal’’ with my name on it, I find out that there were sweets and sugar containing food on the plate. Thanks God I was careful. I called the hostess immediately and they too were shocked about the non diabetic serving. I filed in a complained about the incident also supported by the staff who actually filled in a report to notify the incident to the Air France authorities. More was yet to come on the connection flight, Paris – İstanbul, the very next day, 09.01.2017. The same unfortunate story was very much repeated and another report was filed in by staff and myself. To make a long story short, business class hostesses of both flights were witnesses to what happened and their names can easily be traced from yhe filed reports and the flight logs.
    Had I not been careful enough, very unfortunate health issues, including a diabetic coma would have resulted, not to mention other complications owing to my heart condition.
    I believe in calling special attention to such dangerous neglect on the part of Air France and have decided to take the matter to court so that it does not go unnoticed by any means. I presume every one would agree that all Air France customers deserve careful attention to dangerous health conditions and protection to be guaranteed by the flight services, especially since it has been specifically asked for. Health issues deserve very keen follow up which as seen in my case was not exercised.
    I hope this court case will ensure the realisation for taking such issues seriously enough to learn from it and guarantee such negligance will no be repeated by AIR FRANCE.
    Hurol Bilal
    [protected]@gmail.com

• Ir
      25th of Dec, 2009
    Air France - Poor communication of cancelled flight
    Ireland
    airfrance.com

We are going on our honeymoon on 1st January 2017. We booked our flights with Air France (Shannon - Paris CDG, Paris CDG - Buenos Aires). At 3pm on Christmas Eve Air France phoned us to let us know that our flight from Shannon - Paris is cancelled and are putting us on a flight from Dublin - Paris instead. We are extremely angry as the representative from Air France told me the flight has been cancelled since the end of October yet they didn't phone us until Christmas Eve as we were "in a line" to be notified. The new flight departure location & times do not suit. Anybody have any similar experience with Air France? Any advice on how to deal with them?

30th of Dec, 2009
    Air France - Poor service and lost luggage
    France

We flew from Manchester to Bordeaux via Paris CDG on 26th December.
    I was not looking forward to the flight as we had flown with Air France in the past and both times were not pleasant experiences!

On arrival at Manchester Airport we checked in through the automated check-in terminals but then we had to queue for 1hour 30 mins just to drop off our luggage at the self drop off desk. Half way through our wait, We were told by a member of staff that we could use the luggage drop off desk for internet check-in, so we left the queue to do so... Then later we had our doubts we weren't queueing in the right place and we checked again with the same Air France member of staff who then confirmed that we were in the wrong queue - despite telling us that we could use that lane moments earlier! So we had to rejoin the original queue. At the baggage dropoff there were 2 members of desk staff for 3 planes full of passengers, as our queue was for KLM / Air France to 3 destinations. Beyond the desk staff, there was noone in charge to direct the 100s of queuing passengers or answer questions.

On board the plane from Manchester to Paris, we were offered a Muffin and a drink. No other food was available.The second Flight from Paris to Bordeaux was similar.

For a flight using a "premier airline" of £278 per person this is not acceptable !

We arrived in Bordeaux at 11.40am on 26th Dec to find that one suitcase was still in Paris and the the other was lost . We were told that once the lost case had been located it would be delivered to our destination address along with the delayed case.

Later that day (26th) we awaited a phone call to update us... And waited...and waited. NOTHING

Today is the 27th and we had to phone them this morning to find out why we had still not received the delayed bag and to see if they had located the lost one. The woman said that there was good news ! and promptly told my wife that one bag was delayed but found and the other was still lost ??? "I know that this is the situation already" said my wife. "Oh ?" said the Air France woman. "Will the located bag be delivered today ?" "No, Tomorrow" was the reply...The delayed suitcase is set to be delivered on the 28th Dec in the morning (some 48hrs late) We have had to buy underwear, a replacement shaver, and personal hygene products and are still wearing the same clothes as we flew in ! Air France have said that we are entitled to €100 per person for necessary items which we thought was generous initially, but we soon found out that we quickly reached that amount by only buying essential items to make it to the next day (contact lense solution is €13). Also we have spent our own money so far and have yet to have the claim approved / verified, so it could be a long wait.

The other case is still lost and it contains(ed) Christmas Presents for our friends and family in France who we only see twice a year. The lost case also contained my wifes brand new trainers bought for her as a Christmas present from me :( All my Wifes makeup and clothes, most of the clothes were new and received as presents for Christmas!

We normally fly with BMI Baby and get excellent service and have never had cause to complain in over 11 flights to France.

We have travelled for Bordeaux with Air France on 2 previous occasions and they have:
    Delayed our flights for 10 hours on one return flight
    Delayed for 5 hours on another
    Been rude and unhelpful during delays.
    Proved more expensive than other airlines (€250-280 a return flight versus €100 max with Bmibaby or Ryanair)
    Never provided proper food or the option to purchase food onboard.

Overall, I would never ever fly with Air France if given the choice, but unfortunately, they are the only option to visit our family in Bordeaux at Christmas time, as the other BETTER airlines do not fly at this time of year.

When My Wife announced that she had booked with Air France, I felt a sense of foreboding which has now proved to be fully justified.

AIR FRANCE ARE POORLY ORGANISED, INEFFICIENT, RUDE and DONT CO-OPPERATE PROPERLY WHEN PROBLEMS ARISE.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE !

30th of Dec, 2009

An update :

Received our delayed bag on 28th as expected.
    We checked the AF site online today (30th) and found that our lost bag had been found but we never got a call to tell us ?

We called Air France and they said that Air France apparently phoned us this morning ????? at 8.50 am ??? We got no missed calls on either of our mobiles and the house phone DID NOT ring. This morning as there were 3 of us in the house. They were clearly lying.

We fly home to the UK tomorrow 31st Dec (with Air France) and they asked to deliver the case to our French location tomorrow at 8pm... But we fly home at 4 pm we said. The man on the phone was extremely arrogant (no surprise there, being French and working for AF !) and said that it was our fault for not answering "the call" this morning ! - repeatedly calling my Wife (who is french and not arrogant) Madam but in a "I am in conrol of the situation and you are nothing" kinda way.

After much gabbling, they informed us that they are going to deliver it tonight... 30th Dec at 8pm... We hope...and wait for a confirmation call ut its been 1/2 an hour already and nothing !!!

Great Service Air France !!! NOT!

27th of Jan, 2010
    Air France - POOR SERVICE, FILTHY PLANE
    Jan
    New Jersey

I am totally displeased with the horrible service and atmosphere with Air France. THEY ARE DESPICABLE AND FILTHY! The plane could not have possibly been wiped and cleaned for a decade. The filth and dust was building up and I use a CPAP machine and there is no way possible that I could afford to have that crap in my system.
    I paid $1239.00 and I WANT MY MONEY BACK IMMEDIATELY! This service should be shut down. READ THE COMPLAINTS AND FOLLOW -UP. It was a very uncomfortable flight, parents with uncontrolled children who controlled them, the seats were hard and filthy and the atmosphere was repugnant. None of the attendants were courteous. These complaints need to be addressed immediately.
    I do not ever read ANYTHING positive about this airline and I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

• Rw
      13th of Feb, 2010

My wife and I were in the beginning leg of a trip to Ireland on December 14, 2017 when Air France threw the first of many kinks in our plans. We were to leave JFK at 7:00pm that evening so we arrived at the airport in plenty of time to make the flight. We sat at the gate and when boarding time arrived the lies began. First we were told the plane failed a security clearance and this lie was continued for 2 hours. Finally we were herded on board where we sat for another 2 hours while the lie was changed to a technical issue with the fuel. At then end of that 2 hours we were herded off the plane, shoved through customs in order to retrieve our luggage, hustled aboard shuttle busses where upon we were taken to a seedy hotel to spend the night. All of this without the decency of an expanation of what we needed to do next in order to depart for Ireland. We learned that the aircraft had been flown in specifically for the flight to Ireland and obviously it wasn't flight ready. I just received my final blow-off from Air France whereby they accept absolutely no responsibility for us missing 2 days of our vacation in Ireland, a vacation for which we paid almost $5000.00. If you can you should avoid Air France as well as their partner Delta because they lie without compunction.

21st of Feb, 2010
    Air France - lost bagagge and flight delay
    Brazil

Dear Sir/Madam,

It is with great regret that I add up to the complaints against Air France services.

My husband and I have travelled from Brazil to the UK and Italy via France, on Air France flights on 01 Feb and 15 Feb, respectively. We had terrible problems on our way back, on AF 442, with a flight delay of almost three hours, that took off at 02 AM the day after, without much explanation.

Worst of all, while onboard for those long hours, without any food or amenities, even though sitting on "business class" (!), we were approached by ground staff twice, to ask how many pieces of lugagge we had, on which occasion our lugagge tag numbers etc. were provided. It was clear, of course, that our pieces of lugagge coming from Milan (with a stay of FIVE hours at CDG) were lost!! We tried to get further information from staff onboard and every time we have asked for their names, the answer was "my name is Air France", which I found a bit ridiculous, inappropriate and questionable, legally speaking! But that was just the start of our saga... Since our target was to find out whether we had our lugagge on board or not, we had to overcome the incident of not knowing who was treating us onboard (a person with NO name), and go on with our questions, until we were given the following explanation, from "Mr Air France" that I quote: "since your husband is a frequent flier, and posess a Flying Blue Platinum card, we are double-checking just to make sure your lugagge arrive safely in Rio de Janeiro". That was a LIE! We have arrived in Rio de Janeiro WITHOUT one of our piece of lugagge! Even worse, there was a lady at the lugagge belt with my name on it, but that we only found out ONE HOUR later as she would not care calling my name out loud. Moreover, we were told that Air France sent a message to the cabin crew relating the incident BEFORE the flight landed in Rio de Janeiro.

I sincerely find the event outrageous, unaceptable and bound to legal actions, which I might take, depending on your views of the problem, which in fact is manyfold, isn´t it? Lost lugagge, flight delay, unaswered questions, services provided by people without a tag name etc.

I thank you,