Air France / Overcharged and No Baggage

I have recently used Air France for a trip to St Petersburg in Russia, and let me tell you something, never again!!! I have written a letter of complaint (see below) but to date have not heard back, If anyone else has had a similar experience and has either had a result or can give me any contact details then I would be eternally grateful. My mobile is [protected] or email at darrenmoore.01@gmail.com

10th February 2009
To whom it may concern,
I am writing with regard to a trip I made to St. Petersburg on Wednesday 4th February 2009. We were holding a Conference in Russia starting on the evening of Wednesday 4th February 2009 and had booked 4 tickets from London Heathrow, catching a flight from Paris then onto St Petersburg. Due to the adverse weather conditions on Monday 2nd February several flights were cancelled from Heathrow and we were concerned about being able to catch the flight from Paris to Russia. I called up Air France at Heathrow and was told that I could fly to Paris Tuesday night, stop over and be on time for the connecting flight. Which I did, I purchased a late ticket from London Luton by Easyjet and flew into Paris at 9pm that night. When I arrived the next morning to check in at Charles De Gaulle I was told that I needed to go back to the ticket office, I was given no reason for this and this was giving me less time to check in. I managed to finally speak to a lady who could not understand why they had sent me there until I told her that I flew in the night before. After 10 minutes of talking and phone calls (the time is now 9am) the lady I was dealing with said ‘I’m sorry but I have to leave’ and passed me onto someone else. I then had to explain everything again (this is now nearly 9.10am). She then tells me that because I didn’t get the connecting flight from Heathrow, which at this point had still not arrived, they had to CANCEL my original booking and had to sell me a new ticket. This shocked and amazed me as I already had a ticket from Paris to Russia and back to Paris then onto Heathrow I didn’t need another ticket!!! Unfortunately as you can imagine time is now ticking and I had no other choice but to stump up the 1599.95 Euro’s for another ticket (daylight robbery) after she told me that she may not even have an available seat, which I took as a joke because I was already booked on the same flight. They rushed me round to the check in desk, which was about to close and checked me in. I ran to the gate and made the flight within 5 minutes. My colleagues did manage to get the connecting flight from Heathrow and arrived again with minutes to spare.

It wasn’t until I got to Russia and was talking to my colleagues about the food on the flight that I realised I had been sold a S Class ticket, this disgusted me as I had no idea and I was given no other option for economy where there appeared lots of empty seats, all I wanted to do was get to Russia!!!

One I arrived in St Petersburg I waited for my baggage which did not arrive, again I was disgusted this was beginning to become to journey from hell, and although I don’t claim to travel that much I have never received such a bad service, I then had to fill in more forms in Russia and was told that my baggage (along with my colleagues) would arrive on the next flight from Paris the following day. This was not acceptable as I had clients arriving for a cocktail reception that evening with the conference beginning on the Thursday morning and I had no other clothes to change into…
My baggage arrived at 8.10pm on Thursday 5th February.
There are a number of issues I would like to raise. Firstly, why did I have to purchase another ticket when I already had one and was told this would be ok, secondly why was I up sold to S Class which made my ticket even more expensive and thirdly why did my baggage not arrive when I was checked in half an hour before the flight took off. If they knew my bags would not make it why did someone not tell me and I would of taken it with me as hand luggage.

This was a terrible service from Air France and one that has put me off from travelling with you again. I enclose a copy of my electronic ticket that I would like a full refund for and my bank details with IBAN number so the money can be transferred straight into my account.

I look forward to your reply

Mr Darren Moore

N  29th of Nov, 2009 by
My Baggage is still missing its more than 23days and Air France customer care not responding me and referring.

Please refer my mail sent on 4days back but no response from Air France Customer Care and operations team.

Thanks for your mail, But I have never told that I have no receipts,

Yes I can provide you few of receipts which I am having and few of receipts I can not provide for that this offered amount by you should be added
with my Claim amount.

Its Air France mistake due to that my baggage is missing and I will confirm my claim amount not Air France because I know what was and how much important things were in my missing Baggage. Please let me know the procedure to submit the Bills.

If I am not getting satisfactory Claim then I will have to take Media's and Consumer Forum's Help Today only.

I am not getting satisfactory amount. Request to respond me today only.

I feel I need to take Media's Help now.

- Himanshu Parashar