Air Canada / cancelled flight due to weather... no other airlines cancelled

1 Canada Review updated:

Flight AC222 , June 5.. scheduled to depart at 6:15 pm... checked in... looked at ticket.. departure changed to 8:05 pm. Reason as per AC clerk... and announcement... Mechanical issues. Waiting for plane from SanFransico to arrive and then depart with this plane. Waited till 8:00 pm... announcement that flight is cancelled due to the fact that Calgary Airport had a power failure and all incoming flight are cancelled... I went on -line later... the only flights cancelled was AC222 and the one later... that was it... all other airlines reported minimal delays or on-time... NO CANCELLATION. No report by the airport of a power failure. I feel totally ripped off... i think Air Canada did not want to or could not fly and used weather as a way to not pay for hotels and food. In other words... I want a third party explanation!! I am sure many people will want an explanation once they look into the real status of arrivals into Calgary Airport. This just does not add up!

Comments

15th of Oct, 2008

The EXACT same thing happened to me with Air Canada!!! They STILL won't give me my money back!! I missed my whole honeymoon in Cuba! Can you BELIEVE THAT!?!?!

• Ai
      18th of Jan, 2009

That's actually a tactical money saving technique deployed by Air Canada, the reason being that the flight might have been over sold and there fore by delaying or cancelling they might annoy enough people who will use another airline and of course most of their tickets domestically aren't refundable. So they way they see it is that they can create circumstances that allow them to shed people at the same time keeping their fares, so either put and shut up or use someone else.

• Ai
      18th of Jan, 2009

Not meaning to be rude, just giving you the way they think, and Xmas 2008 wasn't any better and fully shows exactly what I just posted above.

• Th
      7th of Dec, 2009

I too have experienced Air Canada's LAME excuses for canceling flights. The solution is...NEVER fly with them again.