Air Asia Go Holiday Package / fraud, trickery, windle & deceit package

1 Malaysia Review updated:

On 14 December, 2008, My friend and I have booked online a Go Holiday Package to Perth, Australia for our holiday during Chinese New Year. The package consists of flight, hotel and an optional tour. After browsing thru a few dates and we decided to book the flight and hotel on 23 January, 2009 as this is the only date suits our schedule and the availability of seats. The departure time from LCCT is 23:10 and arriving Perth at 06:00 the next day. We thought that we should be paying for our hotel from 24 January, 2009. However, after getting the confirmation email from Air Asia and we noticed that they are charging both flight and hotel from 23 January, 2009. We thought it is a mistake and then browsed thru the internet again by booking the flight and hotel separately using the date of flight on 23 January, 2009 and hotel on 24 January, 2009. We were shocked to find out that the diffence in price is approx. RM500.00. Since it is a substantial extra cost and without delay, we immediately emailed to Air Asia to clarify on the matter and we were told that we have the privellege to check in early. But, we argued that we do not need early check in as it is unfair and not worthy for us to pay the extra RM500.00 merely for the few hours early check in? If we were being alerted or informed of this privellege during our booking, we will not opt for this package. They replied that the package is non refundable, non adjustable and so on. We really feel cheated as no matter what terms and conditions applied, there should be a cooling period? Doesn't it unfair to us, as a consumer who is always binded by all these unfavourable terms and conditions?
For everybody's info, we are like other victims having difficulties getting in touch with Air Asia's office neither from email nor phone calls. Just imagine how much time and cost which has caused us?

Me

Comments

• Ar
      22nd of Sep, 2010

While airasia are doing somehting admirable in terms of low cost and getting you there in one piece, their trickery methods are so pathetic and blantantly obvious its disgusting. it makes you want to hate them when you sort of love them. whoever the jerk is behind the trickery of say for example the usless insurance which you have to cancel to confirm you agree you don't want it should be sacked. I hope a competitor arrives soon without such childish penny-pinching trickery and I for one will go with them, even if I have to pay a little more.

Arthur smith, expat from australia working in malaysia

• Li
      20th of Aug, 2018
    AirAsiaGo.com - Luggage
    BDR SRI DAMANSARA
    Malaysia

I noticed that my sister's 2 luggage has been opened by others when I received them in KLIA2. 1 of the luggage's lock was damaged and the other's passcode being changed.
    My flight was AK 541, 22/2/2018, 15.30, from Siam reap to Kuala Lumpur.
    I have checked and found that nothing was missing.

• Lo
      10th of Sep, 2018
    AirAsiaGo.com - Detailed statment
    Malaysia

Airasiago ZNTNYT
    Itinenary #7294851646694
    Date of flight : 20th September 2017
    Destination :- Langkawi
    Desirable Resolution :- I would like a detailed statement of charges on my trip for record.
    Reason being :- My credit card account shows different charges from booking website stated charge.