Aim Moving / Worst Moving Company Ever
This is a letter that I had emailed to the email of aim moving that outlines an overview of the worst moving experience ever:
Hello Aim Moving:
It has been over a week now and I wanted to write to let you know the amount of damage that was caused by your movers on November 1st.
- rip in leather couch
- rip in leather chair
- broken piece off small shelf
- scratched antique danish dresser and banged up corner
- used wet, moldy moving blankets
- in old apartment , a plant was knocked over by your movers. Dirt was tracked through main doorway of apartment***
- dirt from the wheels of the trolly your movers used was tracked into the common areas of the apartment of which we have been charged carpet cleaning, in addition to our apartment because of the tracked dirt from knocked over plant***
***it is coming out of our damage deposit
Your movers did not move in a timely manner because as one of them said, 'they worked 11 hours the day before and were tired'.
Because they were tired, my boyfriend and I had to help them move or it would surely have taken at least 6 hours. A move that shouldn't have taken more than 3.
We did pay $200 in cash for 3 hours of work, of which, we never got a receipt for.
Also, we are going to forward on the invoice from our landlord at to Aim Moving to pay for the carpet cleaning in both the suite and the main common area. We think this is more than fair for what we had to endure with your movers.
We always like to support small businesses as we both own our own and know the struggles to 'make it' so to speak. For this reason, we chose to go with Aim, even though we hadn't heard any word-of-mouth. We were more than disappointed with our experience.
Two weeks later, they have yet to respond.
Just a note as well...the movers that showed up over an hour late were probably barely legal to drive. 18 years old at best and slow as molasses.
The condition of the truck was appalling - dents, bent in rear bumper.
Wet, moldy moving blankets were used.
No respect for any of our belongings.
The list could go on but you can probably get the bulk of it...
Do not go with this company. It's a joke.