AIM - ASSOCIATION OF INDEPENDENT MANAGERS / Loss of personal health insurance

204 W. Reibel St., P.O Box 609, Beatty, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: (775)553-9947

I began coverage 8/01/09, with extensive conversations with agent assuring my coverage, including prescription medication. After problems with the prescription medicine card and availability of meds, I have received a letter stating that my coverage ended on 1/01/2010. As I am disabled, and home-bound, I did not receive this letter until the end of April. I am unable to get to my post office box regularly.

They cut me off before I had been covered for 18 months. I do have pre-existing conditions, which they repeatedly assured me was not a problem and would be covered.

My identification number is AIM-31515
They have not returned my phone calls or messages left at [protected]

Comments

• Km
      19th of Jun, 2010

I have been making calls ALL day about this. We received a call in January 2010 that IIM would be taking over our AMLI coverage. Luckily, I hadn't made a doctor's visit since then. I received the packet from IIM today & my suspicions went up because there were aout 3 different "insurance providers" listed in the packet. I received no ID cards as they had promised so I started calling around. I called Phoenix Insurance Company & they said Frank Karns (supposedly the CEO) is just slapping their name on the cards and that they don't even do healthcare. I then called AMLI who said I was only covered for 6 months out of the whole time I have been paying. They said that in January, AIM cancelled their partnership with them. As I continued calling EVERY NUMBER I could get my hands on, none of them worked. I finally found a old card of mine with a website which had a number. I called the number & it redirected me to a man's personal cell phone. When I explained why I was calling, he said he gets these calls everyday. He said they took over his company using all of their information and were able to do so because they called it Association OF Independent managers instead of the real company Association FOR Independent managers. He said they FBI has been made aware of what is going on and that there will probably be no money ever seen by all of us who were scammed because the governmet is now involved. The two men doing this, Frak Karns and his partner have done the same thing to CEO Club and NOVA. Apparently the transactions are being taken out by IRG in NY but nobody can seem to find these men. I called the FL. Dept. of Insurance and they basically told me they couldn't do anything because there is no license anywhere in the country to look up. Thousands of dollars down the drain & nobody will do anything...PATHETIC!

• Bm
      24th of Jun, 2010

He is right. You have been the victim of a phony insurance scam. See for yourself: http://www.tdi.state.tx.us/consumer/documents/10-0301.pdf