AIC Kia of Manassas / fraud!!!

1 Manassas, VA, United States Review updated:

I was told by the national lending service... That I was approved for a 25, 000 dollar auto loan w / no down payment and 3% interest I was referred to aic kia of manassas in manassas, va. And I live in hagerstown, md so this is quite a drive. I was told by them that I would meet with my loan officer pick a car and sign paperwork, that loan was already to go they say. Well the very next day I took the 2 1/2 hr drive to manassas and I was greeted by this dumpy looking gangster guy. He was so unprofessional his shirt was sloppy and his hair was everywhere. He couldn't even speak properly.. He used such vulgar slang, it was ridiculous. I asked to see my loan officer and all of a sudden he says ooo she wont be able to make it when I had just spoken to her on the phone before I had pulled in. And I had told him im only to work with her that I already had a loan and wasent interested in working with him. He then said I know you have a loan already come fill out all your information into the electronic tablet just so I can verify that all our information in the computer is correct. I then agreed and went over to his little broken down table to fill out the tablet. Filled in all my info then he went up to the front and put it all into the computer up front. Then he went into the back where a guy named "matt" pulled up my approval paper. The wanna be gangster hood rat came back over to the table and told me I was approved for a totally different amount which was much lower than what I was previously told and that I had to put down 2500 bucks!! I was completely outraged because I was told I was appvd for 25 000 and no down payment. I want all of u who might be referred to them in the future from nls or anyone else... Do not believe what they say. They will tell u exactly what you want to hear just to get you to come down and waste your time. This has happened to many people not just me. The fake credit approval dept is right in the front of the dealership!!! Its a complete scam... Do not go to aic kia of manassas!!!

Comments

• Dr
      6th of Jul, 2009
    Kia - SEPHIA EASILY TOTALED
    KIA NORTH AMERICA

HAD A KIA THAT WAS DAMAGED IN A SLOW SPPED REAR END. CAR WAS TOTALED . CARS ARE MADE POORLY AND CANT ABSORBED A MINOR SLOW SPEED 10 MPH COLLISION. THEY DONT ANSWER THEIR LETTERS.

• Fs
      29th of Jul, 2009
    Central Kia Of Plano Texas - Buying a Car
    Central Kia Of Plano Texas
    Plano
    Texas

Ok, Well We went into buy a car because ours had broken down! Me and my Wife are first time car buyers so we needed a co-signer, My wifes parents were willing to co-sign with us to get a car. So We picked out a 2006 Saturn Ion that we wanted and we negotiated the price and finally we told them they had a deal and we would like to purchase the car, well I mean get it financed! So we provided our proof of income and they said that we didn't qualify for the loan so my wifes parents are going to need to just buy the car for us and they said that they would! So Now with my wifes parents on the Loan it got accepted and we were very excited. We did all of the paper work and everything and they explained since her parents were buying the car for us they would have to lie to the bank and say the car was for them. It seemed kind of fishy and we didnt know why we had to do that... So they hurried us through the rest of the papers in a hurry and sent us on our way! They let us take the car with us that day, so we were pretty happy since our car had broke and we didn't have a car! A couple days later the bank called her parents to confirm the purchase and get insurance information. Her parents mentioned that they bought the car for us because we arn't the type to lie! So a few days later the dealership called us and told us that we needed to bring it in because they were getting audited and since we just bought the car and the loan didn't go through yet that they would need to hold on to the car for a couple days while getting auditted and they would give us a loaner car until then! So After work at about 8:30PM I take it in to exchange it for the loaner car and once I get there they tell me that they are taking the car away because my wifes parents didn't lie to the bank!!! I was mad, But what could I do? They also were not being auditted and lied just to get me in there to take the car away! I am feeling in some way what they are doing is illegal and Im needing to get together with a lawyer and take care of this! So Now we have no car and I am needing to get to work!

• Se
      23rd of Aug, 2009

I just went through the exact same thing!!! i was called for 5 days by a compnay called CLS consumer lending services and they called me 3 times a day telling me i was approved no money down and i could spend up to 20, 000 any car for that price on the lot i drove the 1 and 1/2 hour there and when i got there the woman i was supposed to meet never showed and there were 5 others waiting to see the same woman who never showed i dealt with the same broken down place and the guys made me fill out a new app and wait for over 3 hours and then they told me i would need a co-applicant after i was there for more than 3 hours.I got in my car and drove away.I had had more than enough they called me again and asked me to come back and work it out, NO WAY avoid this place

• Br
      2nd of Sep, 2009

WE TOO WERE TOLD THAT WE WERE PREAPPROVED FOR A LOW INTEREST LOAN AND DROVE HOURS TO THE DEALERSHIP. WE WERE BAITED AND SWITCHED FROM A NEW KIA TO A 2005 JETTA WHICH APPEARED TO BE A NICE CAR. WE WERE TOLD THAT WE HAD TO GO THIS ROUTE AS WE WOULD HAVE TO PAY A 30% INTEREST RATE IF WE DIDN'T. WE MANAGED TO GET THE JETTA, WITH WHAT WE WERE TOLD WAS AN EXTENDED WARRENT THAT WOULD COVER THE CAR BUMPER TO BUMPER UNTIL 100, 000 MILES. THEY INFACT TACKED ON A SERVICE CONTRACT TO THE PURCASE PRICE FOR $1000 EXTRA THAT WE WERE NOT MADE AWARE OF UNTIL AFTER THE DEAL WAS CLOSED. NOW NO ONE WILL ACCEPT OR RETURN OUR CALLS, THE PROMISED SERVICE WORK IS NOW NOT COVERED, PARTS THAT WERE TO BE ORDERED FOR THE CAR HAVE NOT BEEN ORDERED, AND THE CAR IS NOW SITTING IN MY DRIVEWAY, AND WILL NOT RUN AT ALL. fOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO KNOW, NOMIE BATES IS THE OWNER OF THIS DEALERSHIP-BUT OF COURSE HE IS NEVER THERE TO ACCEPT CALLS. JEFF CASELLO THE GENERAL MANAGER WILL PROMISE YOU THE MOON TO YOUR FACE, BUT IS ALWAYS BUSY WITH A CUSTOMER TRYING TO STICK IT TO SOME OTHER POOR SUCKER WHEN YOU CALL. THIS PLACE IS A JOKE AND A DISCRACE TO CAR DEALERSHIPS IN GENERAL-THEY GET A BAD ENOUCH RAP WITHOUT JOKERS LIKE THIS TRYING AND SUCCEEDING IN RIPPING INNOCENT PEOPLE OFF, AND LEAVING A 17 YEAR OLD PAYING FOR A CAR THAT WILL NOT RUN.

• Bo
      7th of Sep, 2009

my sister and i both got calls after we applied. i was scared to even go ahead n do this in the first place because i read the complaints before we went down there. they asked me all these questions about my income...which i told them was 2500.and they explained to me that things would change if the income proof that i brought in was differnt then what they had on file. we both went down to the dealership a couple of days ago to meet with our loan officers. to make a long story short. i was able to actually get a car...which wasnt a kia haha... about 2 days after the actual meeting. they had to i guess transfer a car because i wanted a different year then the one they had there. in my case everything did go smoothly which was a blessing. as for my sister, she was denied. basically the money that she made monthly was cash and she didnt have anyone willing to cosign for her. i would have but i wouldnt of been able to get my car. i mean the people werent mean or anything. and i actually did meet with one of my officers which i was happy about because we got to the dealership way after the appointment. i dont think that they are a bad company i just think that people need to pay attention n make sure that you go over everything with them before they send your stuff in. im glad i got my car...sorry to those who didnt. im spreading the word about cls because beleive it or not they're helping me out.

• Pr
      2nd of Dec, 2009

I had a terrible experience with AIC Kia of Manassas also. They sold me a lemon. i had problems with the vehicle when i purchased it, they promised to fix it, and never did! They're the worst dealership i ever dealt with! Totally unprofessional and would say anything to sell the cars that they have. They basically make false promises just to have the car sold. The finance guy - Lonie/Matt/Chris, whatever his name is, is a TOTAL LIAR! He lies about his name far less anything else. When i visited the dealership to collect my tags he basically pretended he didn't know me, after calling me more that 20 times a day to have my 'WELCOME CALL' with the bank.

Someone needs to stop these people! They cannot treat people the way that they do and get away with it. It's not right!

• Er
      7th of Dec, 2009

@ protest on Kia -

Virginia has one of the best lemon laws in the country. Please visit http://www.carlaws.com/ and make sure you follow all the appropriate steps and you will be protected.

It will not happen automatically, though. You need to to make sure you notify all the appropriate parties as outlined on that web site or you will have no recourse.

• Ka
      12th of Jan, 2010

Sucks to hear that a lot of you guys had the experience that I did... There terrible and if u look them up on the BBB they have an F!! So now I have a toyota and there awesome and I have a very nice car and low interest... If anyone wants a car and has less than perfect credit go to Darcars toyota in Frederick, md they will help you.

• Mo
      18th of Jan, 2010

I just got my car there and spent a lot of time there. I listened to many people coming for service. Every single one was happy. I wonder if all this negative feedback is from their competitors. If it is, it is a shame because these people are genuinely nice.

• Tt
      19th of Jan, 2010

I understand how everyone feels, and 2 yrs ago, I called crazy88 and they were like down payment of $88.00 and all of these dealers started calling my phone. I left work one evening and went to the dealership in Va., I forgot the name of the dealership but I called the number back and they told me I went to the wrong dealership. I know I did not go to the wrong dealership they picked me up from Vienna metro and after, I thought about it that is when I called and stood outside of Bank of America talking to the security guard after, I told them that they should not run my credit although, I signed the paper.

I waited outside and it was AIC picking me up which took about 1.5 hrs due to traffic and when I got there they told me, I was at the right place. They gave me a 2007 Chevy Colbart, but guess what...I did not get to pick out my car and then Matt started telling me some B.S., and that is when I went off and started telling them, I was going to call the police. They told me one thing and did another, telling me that, I needed a co-signer and had me there until 8:00pm in the freaking night. I had to put gas in the car and come back the next morning, I told them we are going to deal with the police if, I don't get some kind of gas card and car wash and a regular tire within the next 1 hour, and I showed them that I work under Homeland Security and that, I was going to report all of their illegal buts to immigration, and have them look into their finances too. I got everything in 45 min.

Each one of them...MATT and the rest of his middle eastern grew are full of ... and Jimmy with his african lying tongue, they all are gonna rot in hell.

I don't understand why BBB have not shut this company down it makes it bad for other Kia dealerships.

• Un
      27th of Jan, 2010

THIS PLACE IS A SCAM!! I have reported them to the BBB, the attorney general for maryland and virginia, the governor of virginia, i had to put red flags on mine, my husbands and our 2 yr old daughters SSN, i had to call my bank, my credit card company, And i called kia and apparently this dealership is supposed to be shut down according to kia and kia took their license away from them and they are not allowed to sell kia's anymore because they are a scam!! they are using kia's name fradulently and CLS does not even exist and is just a bunch of girls in the back pretending to be credit loan officers. PROTECT YOURSELF AND DO NOT GO THERE AND DO NOT APPLY FOR A LOAN WITH THEM!! IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THE CALL EXPERIAN AND PUT A RED FLAG ON YOUR SSN TO PROTECT YOUR IDENTITY!

• Gr
      5th of Feb, 2010

You know I'm happy to say that I got my car from AIC Kia Of Manassas...Thank you Kia Of Manassas. I have been looking for a car for while and eveywhere I went I got turned down. I applied online for a loan and someone called me and told me that i was approved for 100% financing and i had to go to Kia Of Manassas to meet with a loan officer. Since I have been turned down everywhere I went I was skeptical about going since i live in MD. but I decided to give it a try anyway.When I got there a sales rep. greeted me at the door and told he would be helping me out. after he singned me in he took all my paperwork and told me to wait for a few mins. while everything got verified. A few mins. later a gentleman came from the office and started asking me questions about my income and some personal info about my credit. after we talked for a few mins he explained to me he would see what my options would be and that they would show me some cars. to make this story short. I got me a 2006 Nissan altima which was the one i chose from like 9 different vehicles that i qualified for whithin my income range. Again thank Kia of Manassas for working with me.

• Ac
      23rd of Feb, 2010

TO: grateful buyer

You even sound like your lying through your teeth, you must work for them.
    I went to this unprofessional place after being told i can get a loan and i would meet with a loan officer and its a scamm and for the people that think im not telling the truth just email me at [protected]@gmail.com and i will tell you all about my visit to this place with four cars on the lot

• Un
      4th of Mar, 2010

You probably brought the gold color 2006 Altima wrecked in the back on the trunk and on the side in the back I returned it back in February of 2010 I had it only one day I felt the company was a big fraud because it had been wrecked and they sold it to me knowing this car had been wrecked they refused to give me my $500.00 back I paid down I'm taking them to court FRAUD, FRUAD I called the police on them and the police told me that people are always getting a bad deals there and they are a BIG FRAUD they hurt poor people and people with bad credit don't go there they're runnig games

• Jw
      8th of Mar, 2010
    Kia Motor Company - Service of Kia Vehicle
    Big Bell Road Kia
    2121 E. Bell Rd
    Phoenix
    Arizona

Driving down the road at 45mph the transmission of my 2007 Spectra5 jumped with a hard knock to the car and dropped into 3rd gear. Taking the car to my mechanic, he determined after an hour and a half inspection that the "Shift Solenoid" was malfunctioning and that I should bring it to the dealer, this would be covered by warranty. The service department at the dealership wanted $64.50 to read the engine code, my mechanic charged nothing. The service department called to inform me the first step was to change the transmission oil for $159 and see what happens before proceeding to the next step. My mechanic offered to replace the solenoid and flush the fluid for under $300. The dealer also told me I wasn't likely to have the repair done under warranty because I was 562 miles over the warranty, less than 1% over. I called two other dealers and was told the same.

I enjoyed the car immensely prior to my experience with Kia Service. From reading others reviews on the internet, it would appear that this shift solenoid is a known problem amongst Spectra5 drivers. Sadly after owning nearly half a dozen Kia's or Hyundai's (Hyundai is the parent company for Kia) it only took one poor service experience and Kia not performing adequate service that two other garages recognized as being required to turn me off the company. The service rep also informed me that Kia does not recommend changing the shift solenoid but replace the entire transmission, if this is indeed true and it is not covered by warranty, the consumer would be looking at a multi thousand dollar repair.

I felt the dealership was trying to keep me at a distance and follow a factory authorized path that would either discourage me or take me far enough out of warranty so that when the real fix had to be performed I would be able to be charged a far greater amount of money to repair my car. I picked up my car, paid the $64.50 for them to read a code and tell me no more than I was given for free by the independent garages.

• Cm
      19th of Mar, 2010

I had the same issues 2 days ago! I was told I was approved for 24000 and that I could go in and talk to Max or Beverly (they were my loan officers) I was greated by Nelson and he told me he was an assistant and could help me. After waiting for 10 minutes for him to get off the phone he had us fill out a tablet...and he kept going back and forth into this room with other salesmen...he came out and asked me what type of car I was looking for and the only request I had was a 4 door...after 4 HOURS he came out with keys in his hand and a big smile...he led me to a Honda Civic 2 door coupe and told me that it was the only one they had. I have a 14 year old and a 10 year old and a fiance and we are all supposed to take long trips in a coupe?!?! This was the same car they trying to push off on the guy we were sitting next too who also told them he needed a 4 door. When I asked about the 24000 loan I was approved for he said well that was up too 24000...I know what I heard on the phone and I know what I wrote down. When I asked how much I was approved for he wouldn't give me a dollar amount, he only told me that this coupe was the only car they had available to me. I was told over the phone the loan was good for 6 months so I told him I would come back later and he tells me the loan is only good for 30 days...so I told him he has 30 days to find me a 4 door then and I left. This dealership sucks!

• So
      22nd of Mar, 2010

Everybody's story sounds like mine. Prestiege Lending called and said I was Approved for a car up to $27, 000.00 with make between 2002-2010. She said if I come within two days I qualified for 100% finanacing. I didnt have to put any money down. I would just have to come in and fill out the paper work and discuss my monthly payments with my loan officer. I live in Laurel, MD and Manassas is not around the corner so I wanted to make sure I wasnt going to make this long trip for nothing. I knew something wasn't right because the lady I spoke to on the phone gave me the wrong building address. She said it was called AC Motors not AIC Kia of Manassas. I never met my Loan Officer Brittany, it turned out she was just the appointment setter. When the guy came back with my paper work he said I could get up to 100% financing but I would have to put something down. They there was selection of cars that were picked out for me. He kept saying my credit was ok but things would be alot easier if I had a co-signer. Pretty much I got tired of listening to this guys and my boyfriend and I left. That was def a Saturday wasted. I do not recommend anyone going to AIC of Kia or Prestiege Lending.

• Ne
      23rd of Mar, 2010

I'm working with these people to get a car loan and I'm trying to figure out what the scam is? Did you buy a car from them and there was a problem with the car or was it that they thought they could get you a loan but it turned out you couldn't get a car for some reason? They told me I was approved for $25, 000 with no money down as long as I could prove my income, etc. It turned out the bank included my insurance payment in the amount so I could only get a car for $17, 000. I guess the scam is that they can only get cars that people can actually afford. I saw a lot of crazy people at the dealership thinking they were going to buy a Range Rover or something and they came in on a skateboard or a bus...

• Ri
      1st of Apr, 2010

This place is the worse place in the world the bank they financed me through doesnt even have a record on my cars vin number or an type of information about me or my car at all. This was the worst mistake I have ever made buying a car from them. DO NOT DO IT!!!

• Do
      11th of Apr, 2010

They helped me out. I have no problem with them. But i know every post here talking about how they could not get what they wanted or could not get anything probably have never paid a bill in there life. So maybe if you want to cry to the world because you cant get what you want pay the people you owe. If you had good credit you would not be on here posting your pathetic life away. I hate hypocrites.