AHMSI - Mortgage / Horrible Company

Ann Arbor, MI, United States Review updated:
4.7
This company is horrible! It is ultimately owned by WL Ross & Co. LLC Their call center is clearly housed in some hovel in India. No one speaks English! They provide absolutely no service. When you ask to speak with someone about the terms of your mortgage you are told, "You must find a local lender to help you. We are here to collect your money." I am angry that my mortgage was sold to a company without my knowledge or approval. Option One (AKA H&R Block) basically threw me to the wolves when they sold my mortgage. I was not given an opportunity to find a replacement mortgage company after Option One went "belly up". I hope and pray that the current "mortgage meltdown" completely decimates any profitability for AHMSI, its CEO, and their board of directors. A pox on all of them!
Ti

Comments

Ch
  27th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
I agree!! When you ask for the phone number to reach someone in the states, you're told there isn't such a number, though Option One did have one in place (41309 - no longer valid). I won't speak to any foreigner in india because I would have to ask What? every word they speak... no thanks. You can try their phone number at 214-260-7000 ... better yet get the entire internet viewers to call that number and jam their phone line. My complaint stems from Option One not getting my account cleared up and now I have to deal with stupid (US office) people along with their foreign indians. They have put such a bad spin on this that I will not make purchases at just any gas station... I go to only one local chain - no friggen india. American Home Mortgage Servicing is under the umbrella of American Home Investment Corp. ------- links give board of directors names. I'm hunting for these peoples contact information and I plan on harrassing all of them so they can get my account straightened out since they have the most stupid (not ignorant, just plain stupid) people working at their call center including supervisors like Ms. Porter of Jacksonville office. http://markets.chron.com/2dtrading.blogspot.com?Page=PROFILE&Ticker=AHMIQ

If I find any more info on phone numbers, email addresses or postal addresses, I will make another post here so Everone can join in on making their lives miserable with being inundated with harrassing phone calls.
Mo
  30th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
No doubt one of the worse Companies I have ever dealt with. I had perfect credit when I purchased my home. This company has done everything possible to change that. I t all started after my mortgage was sold to them. It was the beginning of my worse nightmare. Somebody has to do something about it. I thought about contacting FOX's OReilly or my Congressman. I think we need to create a consumer group and voice our concern publicly to get their attention. Their Staff is utterly incompetend. They certainly have made my life miserable. Let me kmow if I can help
De
  12th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We were sold to AHMSI without our knowledge as well. We start to get phone calls on the 3rd of each month if we have not made our payment...we try to make it before late fees but, due to the economy it's getting harder for us each month...we are self employed so, times are hard and with no work coming in we have started making our payment before we are 30 days late. So, we call the customer service dept. and of course get an rep. from India on the line, first of all they are like Robots...no matter why you call or what you are inquiring about they say the same thing over and over...when can you make your payment, can you borrow money to make your payment...we asked to speak to a supervisor and guess what he asked the same questions over and over...we were trying to inquire about negotiating our prepayment penalty...and btw forget that folks...they are adamant about not doing that for you, and then revert right back to mr. and mrs. when can you make your payment etc. etc. I said to both reps. why do you guys sound like robots, we ask you a question and you go directly to what sounds like your reading from the same book ...no personality, no repore with clients...basically robots--brain dead or brainwashed saying the same thing over and over again...why first of all are they outsourcing their work??? of course it is all about the almight dollar right...these guys probably get paid peanuts...this company should be working americans in america..not working foreigners in a foreign country...no wonder our mortgage companies are screwed and their clients as well...HOW can they get away with this...and we just shelled out billions for this kind of treatment...I say let's REBEL Americans...and if we can bring this to the media...sign us on...O'reilly here come!
Do
  17th of Nov, 2008
AHMSI is a horrible company! And I am sick and tired of talking to the people from India. However, I did reach the American office and am working on a modification with them. The best number to call is: Jeanne Drake - VP Home Preservation Dept. 949-784-6011. I received a call back with-in 24 hours and have been continuously treated well and get call backs. I am not happy with the modification they are suggesting, the payments are actually $200 higher! Go figure. Anyway, I'm going to keep trying and it's great to speak with an American that speaks clear english.
Iv
  19th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Yes I have been having a real problem with this company, My morgage was sent to them with out my permission and the people I have talk to, did not care about my concern and was very rude. I had two rep on different days that I was talking to concerning my mortgage and they were just talking over me as I was trying to explain was going on in my morgage, then papers was sent to me for a modification and the rate was twice as high and add another 8000, on to my house note at the end I refuse to sign for that, so please be careful in what you sign because they will stick you in the long run. This is a bad company and also my credit rate is shot because of the way they AHMSI states they I have behine payment and late charges, when I paid my payment from Option one .
Bi
  21st of Nov, 2008
IAMgetting treated the same way by amsi you asked them to send you information they dont i reqested my pymt history on monday they havent sent it to me yet i spoke to a mr VK he told me to fax him my request for my pymt history for the last 12mos and he said that he would this was on mon ihavent recieve any thing yet he said that he would fax the informtion to me but he lied and i am with that lady that said AHMSIIS AHORRIBLE COMPANYTO DEAL WITH IMYSELF THINK THAT MORTGAGE COMPANYSHOULD BE INVESTIGATED BECAUSE something just isnt right about that company or else shut down
Ss
  24th of Nov, 2008
At first i thought it was me. i have so much problem with the communicators of India, they are rude ruthless and inconsiderate if i did not know any better it appears they handle you as if the company from HR Bblock was sold to loan sharks... that's how u r treated... i had an error on behalf of AHMSI and had it corrected by a U.S employee but had not been documented and i recieved calls from India, and i caught hell trying to tell them there was conflicting figures that were quoted by U.S. employee and had to plead with them to connect me to the USA after which supervisor immediately enter correct info in system Option One to me appeared to at least handle you with some type of respect as to you being a customer of theirs...why is it u r treated as if u r an enemy to the company but u r paying the company, i got screwed with this adjustible crap, imagine 1500.00 mo with only 1300.00 for the whole yaer applied to the principle... who do u alert about this type of robbery
Pr
  29th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have been screwed with the same things you all are talking about. i am so glad to find you folks. I am an Indian, but I do not like the way the call center from India treates me. I consider myself American becuase I have been here and appreciate this country well enough.

I HOPE FBI, INTERPOL, US ATTORNEY GENERAL COULD HELP US RESOLVE THE ISSUE. FEDS HAVE PUT OUT THE MONEY TO HELP US TRAPPED WITH THE LOAN, HOW CAN WE LIVE.

PLEASE, HELP ME AND I HAVE KIDS TO FEED.

ANYONE.

THANK YOU.
Sp
  4th of Dec, 2008
I agree with all you folks. I actually got approved for a loan mod from AHMSI and when I received the paperwork they had added $12.000 on to the back of my loan. I felt is if I was close to losing the house so instead of arguing I just signed the papers.
Jo
  23rd of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Wow. I thought I was the only one out there who was treated so poorly. I attempted to contact this company several times and was put on hold for up to 2.5 hours! I would put the phone down on speaker phone and do what I normally do around the house until they answered. Sometimes I just gave up because they didn't answer and I got sick of being on hold. When I did get ahold of them they didn't speak English. One person told me that if they re-wrote my loan my payment would be $4000.00. They were so rude!!! I told them that they had very poor customer service and the response was, "We are not here for customer service we are here to collect a debt."
I ended up walking away from a home I loved in a nice neighborhood, my credit is trashed, and I live in an apartment complex. Isn't there anything we can do about this company??
Kr
  23rd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I STRONGLY agree with the complaints against this mortgage company, there is no communication between the office in Texas and their call center in India. The only advice i can give is DO NOT STOP calling them, i think they know my voice already. I harassed them as much as they were harassing me for something that was untrue because of no communication, but in the end i got what i wanted because i did not stop calling and i always asked to speak with someone in the United States, they will transfer the call!!!
Ro
  27th of Feb, 2009
I very much agree here. Absolutly idiots maniging this so called "company". I am a self employed and tried to explain that my income veries each month. They don't care. Based on 3 calculations for three different months I was one time with shortage of $636, next time I was over by about $800 and last time my financial analisys came up with pretty much similar numbers. But regardless, I never qualified for a loan modification. I personally think that they don't even know what the criteria are for that purpose.
Donna thank you for the US number that you've provided. I'll give it a try.

Ross
Vi
  19th of Mar, 2009
i thought i was alone as well these people are horrible i'm not racist but i think when you are dealing with the most valueval thing in your life is your home they pu it in hands of retarted people i they screwing me over in my loandmodification and thay are in breach of contract now they harrasing saying other things, i had call my legistator of my city and thay are no help neither all these services out there and programs do not work thay just get your hopes up, if any one out there has info please post it or well need to call the feds or someone to help us . AMERICAN HOME MORTGAGE SERVICING INC ARE THE DEVIL THAY NEED TO BE STOP
Vi
  19th of Mar, 2009
hello everyone out there i had found some info and number to complain please CALL THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE STOP AND STOP PLAYING WITH OUR LIVES BECAUSE OUR HOME. SO PLEASE CALL NUMBER ARE [ FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION ] 1-877-382-4357 AND ASK THEM TO GIVE YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL NUMER FROM YOUR CITY AND COUNTY.AND CALL THE FHA PEOPLE @1-800-225-5342. CALL ALL OF THEM AND I HOPE WITH MORE COMPLAINS THESE PEOPLE COULD BE STOP AND HELP US
Sb
  20th of Mar, 2009
AHMSI is clearly the Devil's Advocate. My husband and I are so completely stressed out by this company. Our MODIFICATION process started in November 2008 and as of March 16, 2009 "they say" we have a Processor to work our deal. I have her name, phone number and extension just try to get that person to call you...it's not happening!! They assign so many customers to just 1 person they can't possibly be working efficently and timely. Well, at least she speaks english so I know it's not coming from INDIA!!! I'm taking vivi24's advice and will make some phone calls. We are not customers of AHMSI, we are being treated like animals on a short rope.
REMEMBER: This AHMSI is not a mortgage company, they are DEBT collectors...what is that all about??????
Ri
  21st of Mar, 2009
I have had my mortgage for 6 years now and for each yr I have had a different mortgage company. I don't think that the ink was dry before it was sold, quite frankly.
Anyway, my mortgage was with Ameriquest at one time. I called them and asked, since my loan was with them, if I could try to refi my mortgage with them. Nope, they didn't have a company in TN, where I live, so can't do that for you. I asked then, why do you have my mortgage? Couldn't answer that one. Next thing I know, now I am with AHMSI.
I called them today to ask this same question. To my horror, the message when you call the 877 number is, this is a debt collection company...A DEBT COLLECTION COMPANY. I have paid my mortgage faithfully each and every month. I am NOT in collections. Then some foreign freak answers the phone. Sounds like a man but says it's name is VICKI. I said, "Hello, where is your office located...? It said, "New Delhi, INDIA"...We're loosing jobs and homes are going into foreclosure and this COMPANY called American Home Mortgage, INC has the audacity to send jobs that can be performed here by an American to INDIA. This is a slap in the face to each and every American.
I need to refi my home, and ASAP...To an American Mortgage Company.
Mo
  23rd of Mar, 2009
To anyone having trouble dealing with this company, go to:

This is a good site for information about who to contact and how to get modifications done.

I agree that this mortgage company stinks - hopefully the website I've provided will help some of you.
Su
  23rd of Mar, 2009
Two years ago a home we purchased was financed through the American Home Mortgage Servicing Company. The Arm loan was never explained to us; the monthly payment we were told to make was actually the minimum amount due. Our balance kept going up. Then, AHMSC went bankrupt, but not the mortgage side of the company. The mortgage side went to first one company, then to AHMSI. I agree with all of you. How did my mortgage end up with a debt collector? The owners, W L Ross, must have bought up the bankrupt AHMSC's mortgages because W L Ross is obviously not a bank. I'm going to hire an attorney to sue the living crap out of this company and all of the red-dotted Pakistani's or Indians that go with it.
Ma
  24th of Mar, 2009
AHMSI is a company without standards and is taking advantage of people. They need to organize the company to take care of the accounts in a legal manner. Please contact me if you are having a problem with this company.
mandt19942@aol.com
217-427-2621
We need to group together and save our homes and credit.
Va
  25th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
i AGREE THE COMPANY SUCKS. I TOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME. THEY HAVE NO ONE WHO SPEAK CLEAR ENGLISH. THEY UNDERSTAND NOTHING. I HATE THIS PLACE. ACCOUNT WAS CITI RESIDENTIAL AND SOLD TO THIS COMPANY AMSHI. WE AMERICANS WHO ARE TRYING TO DO THE RIGHT THING ARE BEING HAD BY THE FOREIGNS.

AHMSI SUCK SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS