AHMSI / FORECLOSURE

1 Modesto, CA, United States Review updated:

AHMSI foreclosed on my father in laws house on Feb 10, 2010 even after they told me there was no trustee sale date set and he was supposed to be reviewed for a loan modification. I am now trying to fight it out with them, because they are liars and I keep getting the run around. I am trying to put the pressure on them, filing complaint with any and every organization that might govern them. If anyone has any more inside phone numbers to AHMSI please post them. Im trying to reach any superiors there that will listen. If they did this to us, theyre doing it to others and will continue to do it.

Comments

• Lo
      24th of Nov, 2009

AHMSI directs a company called DOCX/LPS to initiate foreclosures. LPS has an office in Alpharetta georgia where Assignments of Mortgage and Releases of Mortgage are "created" . The kids there sign on behalf of many companies [see Judge Schack's ruling in New York ]. More improbable is that the signatures of the same signers often vary dramatically from one day to the next--but are always notarized. This implies that at least some of the assignments are no more legal than toilet paper that was scribbled on by kindergarden kids. However, these documents are sent across the country to "partnering" law firm-collection agencies where more kids with law degrees churn out one page foreclosure complaints. Attached is a "copy" of homeowner promissory note, a copy of the mortgage on file in the county, along with the "created" assignment of mortgage to a trust or other entity that you never heard of that now purports to own your note and mortgage --based on the kids' "created" toilet paper document. The documents usually have the following statement "Prepared by Ron Meharg" who was DOCX Cheif Compliance Officer. This creates the appearance that the document was prepared by an atty and under his supervision--guess again!
    This document goes to the local state partnering collection agency-law firm that also sends collection warnings, and is attached to the complaint as the only evidence of connection between the foreign trust and you the homeowner. The collection agency files a copy of the toilet paper with the local couny title office where it gets stamped "recorded". This file stamped toilet paper is then attached to the complaint. The complaint is again file stamped by the local court and "served" on the unsuspecting homeowner. Unless the homeowner pays an atty to unravel this --and they know about the LPS document "creation" aspect, the court will rule that the toilet paper is a valid basis for throwing the homeowner in the street and getting a deficiency judgment. In one case in Ohio involving other collectors a person was defending a foreclosure because no original note was offered up. DURING THE PROCEEDINGS A SECOND PURPORTED NOTEHOLDER also filed a demand for payment. If these guys are going to create critical documents that are really toilet paper, then it is absolutely incumbent on defendants to demand their right to see the blue ink original note, or be subject to multiple claims. Also many of the notes were allegedly procured by predatory means--illusory teaser rates, strange appraisals, failed disclosures at closing etc etc. Now if the lender or an accomplice continues to hold the note then they are pretty much like Jesse James pointing a gun at you and demanding you sign a check in favor of Jesse. Jesse then turns it over to Frank who held the reins during the holdup, and then Frank demands later that you ay on the check--no, not a holder in due course. The note they obtained from you was basically the fruit of the crime. Its a lot easier to get around ths problem if they wave a magic wand over the pile of paper and assert someone else is the noteholder--but if it is an accomplice after the fact ---its still Frank demanding payment. See Ohio AG case against AHMSI filed a week ago.

25th of Jan, 2010

Get ahold of us at a241atthewrights@yahoo.com

22nd of Feb, 2010

Our lawyer is in deposition for the next two weeks. The IT person is working with the web designer to allow information from visitors to the site to be added in certain areas. Sorry it is tking longer than expected. We will keep you posted.

Thanks,
    Kevin & Tracy

• Li
      4th of Mar, 2010

This is a horrible company. My foreclosure date is getting close now. For 10 months, I have been in constant contact with these people to do a home modification under the Making Home Affordable program. During these 10 months, I have sent to them, over and over, one document after another document, because every time I call them to check on the status of my modification they claim they never received "a particular" document. I have sent the same documents a number of times, certified, over night - it doesn't matter. They repeatedly ask for 'yet another document' and, in some cases, I have sent that exact same document no less than 11 times. I, finally, wised up, however, when I received the foreclosure notice. I now see that they have no intention of doing a modification. The loan documentation provides that they do not have to go to court prior to foreclosure, so they have been just biding their time, stringing me along, until the home is sold at auction on the upcoming auction date. All I wanted to do was a modification to get me back on track, after losing my job. I am so afraid of getting ripped off again, I don't even know where to go, or who I can trust, to help me.

Linda, in Peoria, AZ

• Ah
      4th of Mar, 2010

I know it sounds stupid, but fax the docs again. Its the only way you can get them to postpone the sale. Once you fax, follow up and ask for a postponement. Get the foreclosure attorneys number and verify with them that the sale has been placed on hold. AHMSI should give you theyre number and theyre information is also on your trustee sale notice. Call the corporate number and talk to the customer advocacy department (949) 790-3600 see if they can help. Also call HUD and ask for the local agency that helps borrowers. They are supposed to deal with the lender for you to help get the mod done. And lastly if you dont qualify for the mod, ask them for time to sell it. A short sale if far better than a foreclosure. Another thing is, if you know someone that is willing to help you and can get a home loan, you can short sale it to them and basically have them buy it for you so you can save it. They will probably qualify for the home buyer credit and make something by helping you. Dont give up, dont let them take your home.

17th of Mar, 2010

write the wrights at (a241atthewrights@yahoo.com

• Fi
      9th of Jul, 2010

This is one of the worst lender/servicing company a home owner could possibly have. Customer service is located outsdie the US. They are people who could careless about you. I end up writting a 6 page letter of complaint and send 5 different copies to different people, one being the CEO of the company. I was ready to do a short sale on the house, which I am 120k upside down. They did a modification, and lowered my interest rate, but all it does is band aid my current status. I beg them to re-structure my loan and reduce my principal balance. None of that was even mentioned. What did they did is placed all my interest and late fees in the back of my contract, which kept my principal balance higher that what it is. So the "making your home affordable" program is a lie. All this company cares about is their selves, not the american home owners. I am still fighting and begging them to reduce my principal balance according to the current market value. But now one wants to touch that. These people are preditorial lenders, don't let them fool you!!

Fighting For What's Right in AZ

• Al
      7th of Oct, 2010

SINCE CHASE SOLD MY MORTAGE TO AHMSI THIS COMPANY JUST WORK FOR tWO (2) THINGS : MONEY OR FORECLOSURE, AND THATS WHAT THEY DID, THEY "DO NO HAVE OBAMA'S PROGRAMS" SO IF U ARE BEHIND IN YOUR PAYMENTS, AMERICAN HOME MORTAGE SERVICING INC, START WORKING IN YOUR FORECLOSURE, AND NOTHING STOPET UNTIL YOU ARE OUT THE HOUSE, ANYTHING ELSE IS A LIE, IN RECORD TIME I WAS OUT MY HOUSE !!

• Al
      12th of Oct, 2010

I am also ready to join the suit..I will be emailing my information. My story is similar. I originally applied in July after i became unemployed and then was told i had to wait til November to apply which i did. By that time i think i had become 2 months behind. I also had to resend faxes several times throughout the process because they claimed to have never gotten them and had to refill out paperwork in April because they said the form had changed because it had been so long. I finally got a trial payment plan in Feb for March April and Mays payments. I made all my trial payments ontime and received a loan mod agreement. I signed it and sent it back and finally felt relieved. I continued my payments ontime. Two payments later i was able to pay online again as i had before. My account showed all the information as was stated in the agreement. In August I received a statement that has some odd charges to my account on it. I called to inquire what it was for. The customer service rep. put me on hold to find out. I have always asked for the home retention department or someone working on my load each time i call and am told they dont have that information and i have to speak with them. the last rep i spoke to also refused to let me speak to a supervisor saying i has spoke to one before and it wont change anything and they cant tell me anything different. So anyways, she comes back and says "do you know the status of your loan?" to her i reply that i finished my trial payments signed the modification paperwork back in April and made the final payment in May and have continued to pay. "What do you mean?" i said. She said your loan is on hold for a calculation error on our end that someone flagged in July. She said my last two payments were in an account and not yet applied to my loan while they fix the problem. I didnt understand but she couldnt or wouldnt explain further. Just told me to keep calling every couple weeks to see if it was corrected. I called two weeks later and every week after that to be told the same ol story. Now its October and ive yet to see it corrected. Meanwhile they just keep collecting my payment and i get told im more and more behind when i call before i can explain to them that im going through a modification and there was some kind of error. then they read their notes or whatever and tell me nothing has changed yet, keep checking back. uggghhh

Thanks,
    Alisha
    Angry in Michigan
    alisha26_1999@yahoo.com

• Ah
      14th of Dec, 2010

Hello. I've been going through the short sale process with AHMSi since March this year. Have any of you filed a complaint with any govt entity? If so, could you please advise. This has been dragging on and I've been given the run around for too long. Lost 2 buyers already and they are threatening foreclosure.
    Thanks. Suzanne.

• Kc
      1st of Mar, 2011

If any of you are in Texas, particularly Houston metro or Dallas metro area contact me kcchris9999@att.net