Agora Solution / Scam charges

1 P.O. Box 50480Minneapolis, MN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-679-7386

Agora Solutions has billed us 2 months in a row now on Voice Messaging services we have never ordered!! Last month was a setup fee, and now, even after contacting them to cancel the service on our line, we have been billed again (their $ 8.23 monthly fee). WHAT is to be done? We are writing and sending them a letter. We are about to report them to whoever we can. After taxes and everything on the Agora Solutions (billed by 'The Billing Resource'), we pay an extra $10 on our bill. We are both out of work and cannot afford this scam! If the billing from Agora Solutions does not stop, complete legal action shall be taken against them!

Va

Comments

25th of Aug, 2008

I have had the exact same problem. My phone bill shows a bill by "The Billing Source" billing on behalf of Agora Voice Messaging. The charges are $8.43+tax. I called The Billing Source, who then fowarded my call to Agora. The very rude representative kept repeating that the service was "signed up for online" using my email address and telephone number. I had never heard of the company or signed up for any service. I have notified my telephone company and will not be paying the charges.

28th of Aug, 2008

W should come together to sue Agora and Verizon. They did the same to my phone. They also told me the service was ordered online.

• Ji
      2nd of Sep, 2008

I got a similar charge on AT&T. total scam.

• Kr
      13th of Oct, 2008

We have had this problem all year! We hadn't noticed the charges on our phone bill until August, but they have been charging us all year for a service we never applied for. The person who did apply for their service has nearly our same phone number (off by one number), so either she entered her own number incorrectly or Agora entered it incorrectly. I have talked to The Billing Resource, Agora customer service, and AT&T. Everyone blames the other, and no one will credit our bill. We finally threatened to cancel our phone, and AT&T issued a partial credit. I have sent a letter to Agora, demanding a complete credit to my phone bill, or I will contact the Better Business Bureau

3rd of Jul, 2009

I got the same charge on my AT&T phone bill. AT&T called Agora Solutions (800-215-1961). A person did answer and said they charged on behalf of Agora Solutions. Asked for my phone number and cancelled the account, as well as blocked it from being reactivated - at least this is what they said. They also mentioned you can cancel online (www.cancelmyvm.com), but I didn't want to do it online as they would also have my email account. I will know when my next bill comes if it all got cleared.

• Pr
      21st of Aug, 2009

I have the exact some problem. They charge one of my lines that is hook to my fax and scanner and when I told there customer service person that is a scam he said that he could stop the charges and credit my land line account. But I am going to fight this the the max because they need to be taught a lesson. They are making millions off of people. I have nothing from them and they couldn't tell me were to go to find out about them. I'm call my local trouble shoot and the news

• Pi
      17th of May, 2010

I have had the same issue. Even contacted state Atty. General. Who passed along a supposed letter Agora sent to me confirming my "sign up". However I never got said letter in first place and all the information on it is wrong - during the time of the supposed sign up I was not even at home yet alone connected to a computer/internet AND they had my birthday wrong. The only thing I even did out of the ordinary around that time was to respond to a PCH Prize Patrol Announcement that I clicked out of before it was done.
    Through the state Atty. General I got a number, called it and was given the same BS as above -- i.e. blocking the account. That was in March, it is May I am still getting charged.

• Ne
      15th of Jun, 2010

I found a youtube video about this