Agoda / misrepresentation as to discount

Mauritius Review updated:

I have been traveling in south east asia for the past 3 weeks booking hotels only a day or 2 before arrival, vietnam, cambodia and bali. I jave noticed a recurrent misrepresentation regarding discounted rates. Several times, the price ofnthe room if booked directly with the hotel is exactly the same as the agoda price showing a 50% discount. I booked at least 3 hotels directly as i had credit card issues booking through agoda, so i am sure about the rate. And these rates are also on the hotel's website so I am absolutely sure about this. Examples of hotel booking the lowest rates: landscape hotel in phnom pen, taman ayu in bali and many others which I noticfed while researching hotels. This is clealry not a one off error and agoda must be aware that the initial price (not discounted) is not at all the price that they advergtise on their website. This is the biggest misrep and I am surprised not to have come accross similar complaints as of yet. Everybody booking on agoda these cheap tooms book them on the belief that they rebgetting an excellent deal, when they are in fact getting the same non discounted rate like everybody else. This also explains why there has been much disappointment at seeing the rooms and the hotels as the customer expect something better than what he is paying for. Agoda is clearly making big bucks ot of this business and They need to stop this practice. I cannot be bothered about adking for compensation but i wihll certainly Make as much publicity as i can aboutnthis dishonest practice.

An
Mar 03, 2013

Comments

• Ro
      Apr 01, 2013

I book a hotel in Penang, Malaysia. The discounted price of agoda.com is about 50% higher than walked in customers. Damn agoda!!!