agg financial trust / winnings of some promotion

1 8905 alen streetsaint john, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 604-783-5677

To whom this may concern I recieved a letter today saying be advised that I was a winner of some promotion draw along with a check for 4, 550.00 and this money was for taxes and to money gram this to some lady in canada my concern is can you all investigate this matter and let me know what should I do should I reply or just throw this stuf away

Sincerely, Cassandra Jackson

Comments

• Jg
      26th of Apr, 2009

Throw it away - it's basically just a scam. The cheque you get will require you to return money to them via money order, then cash the cheque, which will turn out to be a fraudulent cheque.

Actually, rather than throwing it away send it to your local police's fraud dept.

27th of Apr, 2009

true, it may be a scam; most likely is. But what if, and here is just a thought, take it to your bank and see what happens on that end of it. I'm not a rocket science but I do know that you have a little time to pay taxes on winnings when you haven't even seen them yet lol. I have one of these winnings also and I don't know anyone else but you that has got one. This is too early to tell. But I highly recommend getting this money to clear before any money is sent to anyone else. My check is for 4, 550.00 us dollars and says to use this money to pay the taxes as well by moneygram in the amount of 3, 880.00 which is clever if it is indeed a scam as many people will overlook this because they figure they would be pocketing some cash from the get go. Time will tell on this one. I recommend doing a lot of research. Call the number provided, google these people, look up the bank on the check (mine is from Texas) and maybe give them a call and see if they know of such a thing. There are many scams out there and this could be one of them no doubt, but the only way to know is research, contact them, and take from there. That's what i'm going to do but i won't and you shouldn't send any money to them until this baby clears if they wont wait until it does to get there money then it is a scam and in that case I would tell them that's okay they can keep the 250k i'll settle for the 4550 lmao, and see what they have to say about that. I don't play around and if this is a scam, they will all pay for buggin us with this crap. However, at the same time it doesn't hurt to check into this as there is a slim slim chance it is good. ;) just don't get your hopes to high for a big let down and for goodness sakes don't send any money until this money is clear their bank usually 10 business days. If it doesn't clear and you don't spend the money ahead of time no big deal and that bank in Texas will have there own lawyers fighting them if they start getting a bunch of checks against their accounts and they aren't legit. Hope I have helped out some, just please, please, please don't send any money until this is good. Example, you don't pay taxes on big lottery winnings until you pick em up at the state lottery office. So if they want their money before you pick up the 250k then it is the classic you get check, send money to them, check bounces but you have already sent them the money(good luck on trying to get it back by the time they trace these people they are long gone) and the tax agent Kate Benson is a rich, rich lady or someone pretending to be her. I have absolutely no faith that this is good; however, there is a slim chance and on top of that if nobody researches this then these idiots will keep sending these letters out until enough honest hard working people needing money bite on it and get burned.

27th of Apr, 2009

There is no chance this is "good". Did you enter this particular "contest or draw"? No? Then don't mess with something like that unless you really know what you are doing. Also, DON'T (repeat that DON'T) call the number. Just turn it over to the fraud squad.

• Ro
      27th of Apr, 2009

bugginout77, do you think everyone the $250, 00. They didn't . Neither did you. It is a scam. You cash the check and send them money In a couple of weeks your back want the $4, 550 back and you are out the "taxes" you paid. My mother got the sam WINNING PAYOUT letter from AGG FINANCIAL TRUST. It is a scam. Save your money.

27th of Apr, 2009

yeah, but evidently you can't read either. The whole point to my story is that they will keep doing it unless us (the working stiffs) stop them. It is people like you that make the world what it is today, thanks a lot for that. Meanwhile, I have contacted the Texas bank listed on mine and am in the process of filling criminal fraud charges. Thanks for the help pansies. No wonder this economic world is crumbling, nobody has the guts to stand up for themselves they would rather be ran over by everyone else. Enjoy. I'm going to sue for my money at the end of this lol. Only, the criminals will pay not the bank. Have a nice day all and next time learn to think for yourselves instead of listening and doing everything everyone else wants you to do. Harsh maybe, truth absolutely.

27th of Apr, 2009

Oh yeah, if there is anyone out there wanting to fight this just google the bank on the check contact their main operations and start there. The names I'm assuming are bogus

2nd of May, 2009

You don't send some one whose never dealt with scams to go deal with it on their own. For god's sake, that's just asking for trouble. Why do you think I said report it to the fraud squad at the police dept. Most cities and towns have a dept. that will help deal with this stuff. Being smart is not being a pansy.

It's people like you who help others get into trouble.