Agarwal Packers And Movers / breakage of goods

1 India Review updated:

I moved from Delhi to Mumbai and selected the DRS group, Agarwal Packers and Movers. My stuff arrived to Mumbai with three of my valuable chinaware smashed to pieces and my computer table broken beyond repair. While I managed to see that the china was broken, they quietly put away the table in such a way that I came to know about it only later. Of course, that was too late... i wrote to them and called them up an umpteen number of times, but they never bothered to respond.

The thing to be careful about these guys is that they pack the way they feel like and they refuse to dismantle things as it is extra work for them. Then the handling and stacking is done in any odd way. They also make sure that they take a full payment from you before dispatch so you cannot catch them at all. Similarly when they unpack they will bear down upon you till you do the necessary signatures.

I had also moved my car from delhi and they delivered it while i was at office in mumbai. The petrol tank was completely emptied [i gave them a full tank] and they broke a handle, which they quietly stuck with superglue. They spilled the glue too and that has left marks all over my door.

Cannot say that they are horrible packers... but I would not recommend them to anyone... and they cheat you!

Comments

• Sh
      22nd of Jun, 2007
    Agarwal Packers and Movers - Missing Sofa-Cum-Bed
    India

I have moved from Kolkata to Delhi and chose DRS Logistics subsidiary Agarwal Packers & Movers for Household Transportation. This is one biggest mistake I made because upon delivery we found that, a wooden sofa-cum-bed is missing which costs approximately Rs.10000. I have followed up several times with the kolkata branch office and also delhi branch office and did not get my sofa yet. It's almost 20 days since the goods arrived. I do get calls from them but no solution. Sometimes , it is told to me that, the sofa is the delhi office godown and it will reach within a day and sometimes it is told that, the sofa is in kolkata office godown and it will reach within 4 days.

The list contains the item as sofa-cum-bed with 24 as serial no. but the value which has been put against it is Rs.1000 only. They got this signed in hurry and left from my Kolkata home.

Don't know how to tackle them but for sure I will see the end to this.

• As
      24th of Oct, 2007

I tell you real experience, I got transfered from john to Bangalore to Delhi in the month of July 2006. They all did the work very professionally and all my household goods reached to the destination on time and without any damage.

I feel very happy to choice this packers & movers (Agarwal Packers & Movers) in other words I tell you I shift luggage tension free.

Really Agarwal Packers & Movers have done the marvelous job.

I therefore requested all the general public who wish to shift there luggage use this packers & movers for tension free service.

Thanks,
    ashu sharma.

• Vi
      12th of Nov, 2007

Hi;

I have a similar very bad experience with Agarwal Packers and Movers (DRS Group).

They damaged my new Fully Automatic washing machine and upon claim and repeated follow up
    gave me a very minimal amount.

They have also damaged my new Fridge and Bed and i have to call separate people to get them repaired.

I can understand the frustration where you pay all money in advance trusting that the goods are in responsible hands but they are real cheaters.

You should move to consumer court in your city against these guys.

Thanks,
    VikramJeet Singh.

14th of May, 2009

I also had a horrible experience with Agarwal Packers & Movers.

They delivered our household goods in broken condition & that too with huge delay (24 hours).
    They have taken the whole amount (1.5 times more than the market rate) in advance & now when we are making calls for claim they are not even picking up our calls. Its really very very irritating & highly irresponsible act. We tried to approach higher management as well but all are irresponsible. We are still struggling with them to get the claim.

After this kind of treatment i will never recommend Agarwal Packers & Movers to anyone. Please don't hire them if you are really concern about your goods.

• Pv
      31st of Mar, 2010

i also agree with the same .. we moved to chennai from gurgaon, , i am facing the same problem, , no body helps .. they jus take money and get disappear... horrible people n horrible services... pls dont ever take services from they .. its been more than 2 mths and we are still strugling...

• Sy
      6th of Apr, 2010

best packers and movers r friendly and reliable i did get value for money i will recomend them to all my friends‎‎ visit @ http://www.bestpackersnmovers.com/

• Am
      26th of May, 2011
    Agarwal Packers and Movers - Damaged Items
    Agarwal Packers and Movers

I recently moved to Delhi and agreed to use "Agarwal Packers and Movers" preferred mover of my new employer.

They unloaded my stuff while I was at work and my wife was busy with our child. When I came home and we started to unpack our stuff I noticed that several things were damaged including a few furniture pieces. My wife already signed the papers and we even paid for their services prior to the move so I had little chance to receive a compensation.

I contacted them several times wanting to speak to them, but they never returned my calls. I think it's unfair to charge customers upfront for this type of services? and they are using this fact to avoid responsibilities.

• Vi
      8th of Sep, 2011

I shifted my bike from baroda to mumbai from Agarwal P&M. I recieved my bike in 14 days after after making so many calls to the delivery person.
    The whole supply chain management is the worst i ever seen. Its Horrible.They provide a disgusting service.
    Their Delivery person in mumbai named Mr. Kuldeep(9322396351) is an iliterate person who doesn't know how to talk to customer even.
    I called them about 50 times a day from 30th aug to 7th sep and they just keep on saying daily " you'll recieve today". Its really harrasement.
    A strict action should be taken against such services.

GC: 670182

Vivek Mittal

• Pr
      28th of Aug, 2013

I moved from Delhi to Bangalore in 2013. The packing, loading, unloading, etc, etc were done properly.. However, during unpacking, few items were found broken, a survey form was filled with the Agarwal P&M team. However, while trying to check with Agarwal team on the claims, the person responsible (Mr Gyanendra) number is always switched off or non-reachable and it seems he is the only one who can process the claims, but alas, only if u can reach him.
    This is after i have paid huge amount to insure my household goods. Didnt expected this from Agarwal P&M for such irresponsible behavior in processing the claims, completely unethical and irresponsible. Will keep u updated on the progress..

• Mo
      12th of Mar, 2014

Blue
    Bird (I) Packers & Movers in Vadodara offers removals and storage
    throughout the India, and with our native offices we tend to square measure
    ready to regularly guarantee a friendly, good worth service which can suit your
    specific needs. we tend to square measure ready to boot provide facilitate with storage, with our
    network of warehouses around the country, and supply knowledgeable packing
    service which can keep your belongings safe throughout your move.

11th of Aug, 2014

I shifted my Car from Gotan (Rajasthan) to Katni from Agarwal P&M. I have not received my Car in 15 days after making so many calls to the delivery person.
    I called them lot of times from 5th aug 14 and they just keep on saying daily " we call back". Its really harrasement.
    A strict action should be taken against such services.

Sanjay Patni