After Hours Formalwear / Late fees

United States Review updated:
My sons was recently married in Reading ,Pa there were 11 tuxes rented from After Hours Formalwear at the price of $158.98 each ($1748.89). After the wedding night 4 groomsmen and my husband left to come back to Michigan leaving all the tuxes at the brides Fathers house to be taken back the next day. Somehow 5 tuxes fell behind the sofa and were not returned. After Hours waited 14 days to notify my husband and to this day still has not sent out all the notices on the tuxes being late. The day we got our notice in the mail from the corporate office we called the in laws and told them they were missing. They found them and returned them immediately to the store. After Hours informed us that there would be a $10.00 per day fee on each tux ($750.00). My husband called to explain the situation and was told by the first person he talked to that there was nothing that she could do (so why does she even get to answer the phone in the complaint department) and he would have to wait and talk to her supervisor. When she finally called back there was nothing that she could do either. Its seems a little funny to me that when you look up their web site they don't even have an email for the company. Feel free to check yourself. What I want to know is how come it took them 14 days to send a notice ( and several groomsmen still have not gotten their notice yet) when they had my phone number and could have cleared this up in one day?????? You do the math, is it really worth it ? Go but a suit! PS make sure you check the return policy!

More After Hours Formalwear Complaints & Reviews

N  20th of Sep, 2007 by
They were returned late; take it up with the bride's stupid parents.
D  5th of Aug, 2009 by
I feel this complaint is b/s... You rented something, you are responsible to return it...not the in-laws, not the groom, not santa clause..YOU! They shouldn't have to send you ANY notice that it's late or not even returned. Would you leave a rental car to be returned by someone else? Shouldn't you have at least followed-up and make sure it was returned?