After Hours Formal Wear - Shreveport, LA / Terrible service

I ordered a tuxedo from After Hours Formal Wear in Shreveport, La $150.00. When I arrived, the tuxedo was wrinkled badly. The shirt was still wrinkled under the waste line from the last person that wore it. I asked that they launder and press the shirt and press the suit. I was told that they would not press the suit only steam it as well as the shirt. The shoes were flattened from the side and creased. I was told that I could wear a shoe two sizes too big if I wanted an exchange. When I told the manager hat this was the poorest condition that I have ever rented a tuxedo I was told it was because it was a rental and that I could not expect any more out of a rental and that I should have purchased the tuxedo. They blamed all of this on the fact that I did not come the day before to look at the tux. The manager was very rude and snooty about the whole situation. Upon inspection, the suits were not even the same material or brand.

A  27th of Jun, 2007 by
After hours Formalwear - Charleston, South Carolina. I NEVER EVER EVER WANT TO USE AFTERHOUR FORMALWEAR AGAIN UNLESS I HAD TO!!! They are terrible. The people they hire never seem to measure anyone correctly. I also agree with the individual above. The managers are always RUDE. They blame everything on the customer... as if it were my fault for tux's missing buttons, wrinkled clothes, wrong ties, etc. etc. The list goes on. You also cannot complain about the way an employee treats you to the manager. He says your degrading the employees and practically wants to hang up. I was doing none of the sort. I simply said I don't like the way she treated me, she had an attitude. I did not call her names or talk about how she looked... obviously that would be derogatory! The corporate office doesn't even return phone calls, nor do the district managers. Everyone's voicemail says your call will be either returned the same business day or 24 hours from the time you called. It has yet to be returned! It's completely UNPROFESSIONAL. Their store employees are always goofing off everytime you go in the store because they obviously don't take their job seriously... so how do you expect quality from a place like this?
A  4th of Oct, 2007 by
This company is great! Everything was on time, clean, and absolutely right. Couldn't have gone any better! Strongly look forward to doing business with these guys in the future.

Unfortunately, I caught my bride with my brother a week later. They claimed to only be playing "Twister".

Now, I'm divorced. But hey, the tuxes looked great!
A  4th of Oct, 2007 by
AfterHours, Livingston, NJ almost ruined my wedding.
Apparently it was a high volume store but I never saw more than two employees.
They couldn't honor appointments. They lost orders.
They messed up my groom's men's order two days before the wedding and couldn't rectify it even the morning before.
In fact, 4 hours before the wedding, the store was locked up tight.
I had to go to Macy's and buy ties for my groom's men.
D  30th of Oct, 2007 by
they messed up my order big time. we ordered plain black tuxes and got pinstriped tuxes that looked like pimp suits. Oh yeah did i mention, my groom didn't even get a tux?? they reordered the tuxes, but they came in an hour and a half late, the day before the wedding. Then one usher was missing a button from his vest, a groomsmen was missing buttons from his sleeves, my dad had a rip in his inseam of his pants, and on of our groomsman's pants was 4 sizes too small. he had to wear the pinstripe pants to the wedding because he couldn't fit in the new pair. I hate after hours, they suck and i tell everyone i know not to go there.
A  3rd of Feb, 2008 by
I agree with all the complaints posted above. I'm sure there are many more complaints out there. I will never recommend this business to anyone either. And I have never rented or purchased anything from their store. Yet, I am trying to rectify a problem due to one of their employees never taking the time to inspect a jacket that was returned to them. My son's friend accidently picked up his jacket that we rented at SavviFormal Wear and returned it to AfterHours. I have been trying to get the jacket returned for over 2 1/2 weeks and no one is capable of taking care of this problem. The store employees at the N.Charleston store are rude and have no customer relation skills whatsoever. Unfortunately, at the District Level that lack of customer relations and professionalism is even worse. I have spoken with Claudia Goodson who is absolutely worthless. She claimed the problem would be rectified within a week. Pretty simple - make a phone call to the warehouse, inform them of the jacket (hopefully, the warehouse employees will inspect the incoming jackets) and return it to Charleston. I have sent several emails to Ms. Goodson to follow up and she claims she never received them. How convenient. The emails were delivered and opened as I was able to verify through my internet server. How pathetic! Unfortunately, Ms. Goodson was unavailable to speak with this week too, because she was attending a "baby shower". That's reassuring, isn't it? AfterHours is the biggest joke and I have informed the senior graduating class at my son's school to use another tux rental in Charleston. I have attended the PTSA Meetings and informed them to use another vendor as well. Hopefully, these types of problems won't occur again, because they will have no more customers - Simple~