Africa Online KENYA / Rip off internet service

1 Kenya Review updated:

This is the slowest internet isp service I have come across. I pay 9000 kshs (about USD $133 per month) to get a connection speed slower than a dial up seed. Every time anyone attempts to download, Africa online's servers black list your ip address to a slow speed. Apparently I'm paying USD $133 just to check my emails. Believe it or not, when the ip is blacklisted the download slows down between . 5kps to 1. 1 kps. According to Mr Henry of Africa online, the only option is to pay USD $266 per month to avoid the black list. Sounds like blackmail and a total ripp off. To all new customers and current customers complaint about the blant rip off, avoid hooking up with Africaonline like a bad rash. You will get very frustrated at their service. FYI Celtel is offering a better service at 3000 Kshs (USD $ 45.00) per month unlimited internet service at Edge speed (50 times faster than Africa online) and Access Kenya upgraded all their clients to a faster speed free of charge. I think Africaonline has had it too good for far to long, and its about time they changed their policy for downloads and cut back on access fees. Their are many other ISPs who are far better than Africaonline. Africa online take heed and improve your service, your charges are out of line, too expensive, you will loose costumers if you don't keep up. Wake up and smell the coffee guys. . .

Va

Comments

• St
      4th of Feb, 2008

I think that Africaonline can have a better service. If you compare the cost to the service, I feel always cheated.

16th of Sep, 2008

I have tried checking my office email while away from the office and have not been successful.
    I also agree with the speeds, this service is too slow especially at night, and I also have to pay Ksh. 9, 000 to check my mail and to access slow internet browsing

• Ge
      25th of Oct, 2008

I think then your problem is the person you sold you the internet services coz am using africaonline and the speeds are fairly good. But Too expensive to for business use. I hope they consider either impoving the speeds of redue the prices.

• Pa
      8th of Sep, 2009

Africaonline have one of the best internet service in Kenya.i am not biased but a few facts will clarify.
    Make sure u are in an area with signal (africaonline).
    If your signal is weak, please purchase an antennae from Africaonline.
    u will enjoy ur browsing and especially at this moment they are connected to fibre.
    Currently i can talk to US and Canada on Voip and its as clear as day time.
    Their speeds are fantastic.
    i am one of the pioneer user of IBURST and i am attached to the service though i have tried other services.they are as good but depend on what u are using ur internet for.
    Ben Nyaga Nairobi

• Ng
      28th of Oct, 2009

i have had the frustration of the year with africa online. i pay 5800 kshs per month unlimited service. 9 days before end month i get disconnected only to be told by customercare my account is expired. this is too unfair in mind this is for business and they have changed to bandwith without prior warning. this is now too expensive especially for business. fortunately, there are other providers offering better packages for business n personal users.

africa online... check out