Posted:

Former Employee

2.5
Afni, Inc.
Bloomington, Illinois
I am a former employee of Afni, Inc. in Bloomington. I had to quit after my morals were pushed to the limits with what supervisors/coaches wanted to me to say to consumers. It was by far...the worst company I have ever worked for in my lifetime of 42 years. I was appauled. If anyone...ANYONE wants "inside" information on this company and how to get OUT of paying the bills they THINK owe...just ask. I can tell you how to nip this all in the behind, get your case closed with Afni and have them never contact you again. I wish there were something I could do nationw-wide to expose this company for their standards, morals and HOW THEY TREAT their consumers and employees. Its so very, very sad. Thank you
Complaint comments Comments (28)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Collections Agencies

Comments

N  12th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

Afni, Inc - Past bill from Verizon

Just received 2 collection notices from Afni, Inc. both for past due bills from Verizon NY. One in the anount of $7806.33 and the other for $7433.29.

Never had Verizon as a service. Never had these phone numbers. Never lived in NY.

Look like its going to take some work on my part to stop these weasels.
N  16th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes

Afni, Inc - False/scam claim

These shysters mailed a letter to me stating i owed $185.37 to verizon california inc. When i called them to find out what this was about they said i lived in long beach california in 1999. All bogus and none of it true or may god strike me dead. They even had the nerve to try and give me a 50% off deal to send them a check. Why dont these ###s have the balls to rob people with real guns?
N  2nd of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

Afni, Inc - fraudulaent bill

a bill from a collection agency. this bill was never mine. they tried to get personal information from me. they theatened to continue to harass me for money. afni, inc. collections.
N  13th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

Afni, Inc - Internet charges!
PO Box 147
Buzzards Bay
Massachusetts
Phone: 508-759-6180

AFNI, INC. is a collection agency that has been sending me numerous bills for internet services, that I have not used.
N  25th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

Afni, Inc - Fraudulent collection agency!
PO Box 3427
Phone: 888-257-1585
www.afnicollections.com

AFNI, Inc. has been mailing fraudulent collections claims for telephone services from Verizon Inc. with a number that does not belong to me, nor have I ever done business with Verizon. I have researched a history of fraud and complaints regarding AFNI, Inc. and is a phishing scam with potential for identity theft.
N  14th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes

Afni, Inc - BOGUS DEBT
QWEST

Afni says i owe $155.00 to qwest for an account opened in july of 2008. They have got to kidding me, i called qwest and they have no idea what i am talking about and can not even find an account from those date, the last time i had qwest was feb of 2004. No one can give me a phone number or address that this bill is supposidly suppose to go to...They will not get any money from me...!!!1
N  2nd of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes

Afni, Inc - collection T-Mobil
404 Brock Drive PO Box 3427
Phone: 866-647-0885
afnicollections.com

This complainy has contacted me stating that i owed $475.68 for a T-Mobile phone that i have never had. I informed them that i never had a T-Mobile phone. plus were i live they dont have their service in the area. I dont know if they can put this on your credit report or not. i hope not
N  2nd of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
Did you know that there is a federal two year statute of limitations on cell phone bills?
N  15th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

Afni, Inc - julesr33
afni, inc

I was also contacted by afni, inc. for a verizon phone bill that was from 1996!! I paid the bill trying to improve my credit score but come to find out it wasn't even on my credit anymore.
N  5th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

Afni, Inc - Fraudulant Billing
Carol Olson
15431 US Hwy 59 NE
Thief River Falls
Minnesota
Phone: 218-681- 7255

On Febuary 5, 2010, we recieved a collection notice for a Qwest phone bill. I, Carol Olson, have never puchased phone service from Qwest.
N  25th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes

Afni, Inc - Cingular collection
Afni,Inc
Phone: (866)265-6111
afnicollections.com

I've never had Cingular and they say balance due$386.14 settle for $193.07 dated 2-1-08. I've had Verizon since 04 and never recieved billing from Cingular. Sincerely Yours Gordon M. Minney, account #00000800914501. My phone is (970)556-5300.Thank You
N  3rd of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes

Afni, Inc - False Collection attempts/scam
PO Box 3427
Phone: 866-307-0283
afnicollections.com

rec'd offer of settlement from Afni, Inc for GTE Southwest Inc. original amount $816.47 offer $408.24 and another collection notice for $58.92 original GTE Southwest Inc. Website listed did not recognize either acct # given and phone number attempt s failed. Phone number listed on Afni notices is a residental number that is not GTE nor have we had an GTE account. This is a SCAM and has several listing online as SCAM's.
A  22nd of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
my husband just got a letter from this collector that says he owes for a verizon inc a 329.47 but they will settle for 50.00 and he has never owned a verizon phone just got the letter on 3/11/2011
A  22nd of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
my husband just got a letter from afni on 3/11/2011 stating that he owed a bill for 329.47 and that they will settle for 50.00 and he has never had a phone through verizon inc
A  30th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
don't pay the bill!!! There are ways out of it. Afni is immorally doing business. Please believe me! I am a former employee!
N  1st of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes

Afni, Inc - wants me to pay $ 700

I called to see why I had to pay them $ 700. the lady couldn't tell me, she wanted my ss#, and refused to give it to her, and she wanted me to go on their website to look up my account, I don't have an account with them. I tried to get her to tell me why, i'm owing, and she insisted on getting my ss#. What do I do if they harrass me?
N  14th of Sep, 2013 by    0 Votes
Shift worker refused to allow someone to enter and enticed the person into the office to summons the police.

Afni, Inc - False Bil
AFNI, Inc
Illinois

I appear to one of thousands in this country who has received a statement from AFNI, Inc claiming I owe money for a "Qwest" telephone bill from 2002. The bill is from Phoenix, AZ and I was living in Chicago in 2002. They cannot even spell my last name correctly nor get my gender right!

I send a dispute letter to AFNI in November, copying it to the BBB of IL and the TX Attorney General (I now live in Dallas). Currently, BBB of IL is handling my complaint. I continue to disagree w/ AFNI's response (they responded Dec. 1st) as they claim to have obtained this Qwest bill after 2 other collection agencies tried to collect. I have NEVER been contacted by any collection agency in reference to this bill and it has never shown up on my credit report (and still doesn't) and I have good credit. They provided a vague bill w/ little detail and w/o letterhead...they claim this is what they received from Qwest. One more thing, upon my initial phone call, I asked them to verify my social security number and they had it on file! This was very frightening... I truly don't understand how they are getting away w/ this...

I'm really disturbed that so many people are affected by this company. This company appears to conduct business in a dishonest fashion and are unwilling to provide information to either prove or disapprove that money is owed. I hope that my situation can be resolved as I feel that I am being harassed to pay a bill that was never mine to begin with.
N  8th of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
There is nothing to resolve. The entire thing is a scam. Threaten them with small claims court and see if they drop it. If they dont, go ahead and taken them court since they have no proof as the entire "charge" is made up. Collect double or triple damages! Enjoy!

Tom

Afni, Inc - Fraudulent Collection Attempt
P. O. Box 3427
Phone: 866.307.9197
afnicollections.com

Afni, Inc sent me a collection notice on November 3, 2008 stating that I owed Verizon Virginia Inc a balance of $116.42 and Afni could not furnish me with the Verizon account number, the phone number or even the dates involved ! I contacted Verizon who said my account has ALWAYS been current and there are NO PAST DUE AMOUNTS ! This is obviously a fraudulent attempt to collect money and I am notifying the FTC, Virginia Consumer Protection and Better Business Bureau of Afni's action.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree