Afni Collections / Wrongful Verizon bill!
I had collection letter sent to me from Afni. They claim that I did not pay 4 months of telephone bills while residing in Florida. I never had a phone in my name there. I moved into a rental house at that billing address but did not have that phone number. I explained in writing to them that I did not even live there at the time the billing took place but 2 months after that date. I also explained to them that I had contacted Verizon (formerly GTE) and they agreed that it could have been an error on their part but can no longer locate any documentation negative or positive regarding my alleged account and that they show no open balance. I provided Afni with the name of the Rental Company and the name of the original owners of the home to verify my residential agreement with them in 1997. I asked them to dismiss the charges due to their inability to provide me with a signed document of the agreement or other form of proof. Instead they sent me another copy of they alleged bill which doesn't even have the GTE or Verizon Logo.
I explained to them again that a copy of the alleged debt is not verification of validity but merely represents the error of which I have repeatedly tried to get corrected.
They need to stop harassing the wrong people. On another note, How many phone companies would allow service to continue without any payment for 4 months? And since this alleged debt I have had several phones in my name with not so match as a single late notice.
What else can I do?
More Afni Collections Complaints & Reviews
- Afni Collections - These rip-offs must be punished for what they are doing! 
- Afni, Inc. - Fraudulent 11 year old verizon bill! 
- Afni Collections - Scam and cheating 
- Afni Collections - collections notice 
- Afni-Bloom - Damaged credit 
- Afni, Inc. - collection call for wrong balance
- Afni, Inc. - us cellular
- Afni, Inc. - Unethical behaviour, attempt to collect false debt
- Afni, Inc - False claim, stating i owe $8, 779. 44 to them, or my license will be suspended. 
- AFNI - Former Employee